Community > Posts By > TVcameraman

TVcameraman's photo
Mon 07/10/17 10:50 PM

I go with the warm water method. My problem is I can never seem to get a constant heat. This time I put water in a large pot and the yeast/water combo in that. Kind of like a double boiler affair. And I need a better thermometer. Thanks for the advice. I will keep that in mind when I am baking and using yeast.
This batch is cooling and the tea is brewing. Will know in a bit how well it turned out.
Thanks for all the help.

You're welcome! I've had that problem too. Especially if the mixing bowl was cold when I added the water. So warming it a bit to the same temperature or slightly warmer helps. Plus keeping it away from drafts.

Sounds like you're on the right track.

Thanks. I just need a way to keep the heat constant. I'll be working on that.

TVcameraman's photo
Mon 07/10/17 09:48 PM
Ooohhh. Aaahhhhhh..mmmmm.. yes.. good.

TVcameraman's photo
Mon 07/10/17 09:40 PM

If it's your Friday, have fun. Lol as for the bread.. not my best. I always have problems with the yeast. But, I am trying it again. I will not be defeated by yeast. Lol

Yeah, yeast can be tricky at times.

Yes, today's my Friday, I usually work weekends. Thanks, I definitely will enjoy my days off.

Yes it can.. any tricks to help on that? This batch is looking pretty good so far. Rising nice and high.

If it was up to me, you would not have to work unless you wanted to.

Well, I do like to work, just not necessarily full-time.

It's been awhile since I've made homemade bread. It worked best when I added the yeast to water first, rather than mixing it in with the flour. You can do it both ways, but it's harder to activate the yeast when you mix it in the flour.

The water needs to be just above room temperature, not too hot, not too cold. If you're having a hard time gauging the temperature, you can use a candy thermometer to find the right temperature according to the recipe. Then it's easier to tell later one when you go by touch.

Hope this batch turns out better for you!

I go with the warm water method. My problem is I can never seem to get a constant heat. This time I put water in a large pot and the yeast/water combo in that. Kind of like a double boiler affair. And I need a better thermometer. Thanks for the advice. I will keep that in mind when I am baking and using yeast.
This batch is cooling and the tea is brewing. Will know in a bit how well it turned out.
Thanks for all the help.

TVcameraman's photo
Mon 07/10/17 09:01 PM

If it's your Friday, have fun. Lol as for the bread.. not my best. I always have problems with the yeast. But, I am trying it again. I will not be defeated by yeast. Lol

Yeah, yeast can be tricky at times.

Yes, today's my Friday, I usually work weekends. Thanks, I definitely will enjoy my days off.

Yes it can.. any tricks to help on that? This batch is looking pretty good so far. Rising nice and high.

If it was up to me, you would not have to work unless you wanted to.

TVcameraman's photo
Mon 07/10/17 07:44 PM

You gals are the best.

blushing Thanks cameraman smile2

You are very welcome.

TVcameraman's photo
Mon 07/10/17 07:33 PM

And that is a vey lovable quality. I hope you are never cured of that.

Even if there was a cure, I won't take it laugh

:thumbsup: Me either rosie happy

happy flowerforyou

You gals are the best.

TVcameraman's photo
Mon 07/10/17 07:32 PM

Nice to see you ladies have found something fun.. :-)

Hi cameraman...Yep, it's my Friday! happy

How'd the bread turn out?

TVcameraman's photo
Mon 07/10/17 07:18 PM
Yes, there are some people who abuse the system. But, it is not only those on assistance. Think of all the money that is hidden in tax shelters by large corporations. Everyone has to pay their fair share.

TVcameraman's photo
Mon 07/10/17 07:09 PM
And that is a vey lovable quality. I hope you are never cured of that.

TVcameraman's photo
Mon 07/10/17 07:05 PM
Nice to see you ladies have found something fun.. :-)

TVcameraman's photo
Mon 07/10/17 06:38 PM

There you go, ryanwood1... I think you found your princess.

Welcome to Mingle2

Mzrosie... you are such a romantic. And I love your picture.

TVcameraman's photo
Mon 07/10/17 05:30 PM

TVCameraMan,

yes the cities are going broke and trump is the one that they want to bring down the Americas. But don't look at this in a physical sense but in a revelations sense.

Once people loose faith in their government and start going hungry and homeless, revolutions start. Just look at history.

TVcameraman's photo
Mon 07/10/17 05:06 PM
Eyeamyourhost39... I have been watching the news here in Canada, and I hear about cities going bankrupt, then one state was going to have their credit rating reduced to junk status if they could not get a good budget, now I hear this. My question is this.. is the US in major financial problems or are these various problems a local thing because of bad planning or greed? Interested in thoughts on this?

TVcameraman's photo
Mon 07/10/17 05:00 PM

TVCameraman,

when the food shortage happiness, everybody come to my mansion for German schnitzels & hot tea......!

You got me on the hot tea.. I don't have a big space, but I have some berries growing, potatoes can be grown in containers. I have a couple plastic totes for that.

TVcameraman's photo
Mon 07/10/17 04:48 PM
Like a victory garden?

TVcameraman's photo
Mon 07/10/17 09:20 AM
I see no problem with interracial relationships on a personal level. I believe that if two people love each other, they should be together if that is their choice. What takes it from the personal level is the fact there are some people out there who will disapprove. That can be hard on a relationship. But, let us hope and pray those attitudes are fading... fast.

TVcameraman's photo
Mon 07/10/17 07:58 AM
To me, it seems the rich and the ruling class can get away with a lot more. Look at the church. There have been accusations of cover ups in sexual assault cases. Then, I remember one case awhile ago, a young man got off because he had been to spoiled and did not know about consequences. It seems that whenever you watch the news, someone is able to sidestep the full force of the law.

TVcameraman's photo
Sun 07/09/17 10:22 PM
Feeling good. Had a good weekend. Hope everyone else is doing well.

TVcameraman's photo
Sun 07/09/17 07:36 PM
Been

TVcameraman's photo
Sun 07/09/17 07:25 PM
Rules are for the obedience of fools and the guidance of the wise.. Douglas Bader.

1 2 6 7 8 10 12 13 14