Community > Posts By > jeffterry

jeffterry's photo
Wed 09/09/09 10:50 PM

a simple statement "you will not see any of your taxes increase one single dime."

"ANY" taxes
thats a broad statement. If i remember correctly those taxes on tobacco were made into law months before he took office. Maybe I'm wrong?

The ball started rolling in Bush's time on that tax for sure. I am not sure if Obama had anything to do with it other than implementing the final version.

so it was Bush's bad when it was assumed this bill happened under Bush...but perfectly fine now that it started under BHO????? WOW

Simple answer? No. Complex answer? do we have time? a ball is a hard thing to stop. people that believed that O was the Savior have a good thing coming.
I think he has done as good as he could, worse was done 30 years ago with Nixon and Ford.

jeffterry's photo
Wed 09/09/09 10:42 PM
Edited by jeffterry on Wed 09/09/09 10:44 PM
This is how our laws are made ladies and gentlemen.

I apologize I thought I made reference to the correct law and bill. I f I am in error I appreciate being corrected. :smile:

jeffterry's photo
Wed 09/09/09 10:40 PM
Full Disclosure:
The following are amendments proposed for this legislation. Click an amendment's name to read the text of the amendment, where available.
(1) S.Amdt. 39 by Sen. Baucus [D-MT]
In the nature of a substitute.
Proposed: Jan 27, 2009. Accepted: Jan 27, 2009.
(2) S.Amdt. 40 by Sen. McConnell [R-KY]
Proposed: Jan 27, 2009. Rejected: Jan 28, 2009.
Jan 28, 2009. Amendment SA 40 not agreed to in Senate by Yea-Nay Vote. 32 - 65. Record Vote Number: 18. [View Details]
(3) S.Amdt. 41 by Sen. Grassley [R-IA]
To strike the option to provide coverage to legal immigrants and increase the enrollment of uninsured low income American children.
(4) S.Amdt. 42 by Sen. DeMint [R-SC]
Amendment information not available.
Proposed: Jan 27, 2009.
(5) S.Amdt. 43 by Sen. DeMint [R-SC]
To require States to impose cost-sharing for any individual enrolled in a State child health plan whose income exceeds 200 percent of the poverty line.
Proposed: Jan 27, 2009. Rejected: Jan 27, 2009.
Jan 27, 2009. Motion to table amendment SA 43 agreed to in Senate by Yea-Nay Vote. 60 - 37. Record Vote Number: 16. [View Details]
(6) S.Amdt. 44 by Sen. DeMint [R-SC]
(7) S.Amdt. 45 by Sen. Hatch [R-UT]
To prohibit any Federal matching payment for Medicaid or CHIP coverage of noncitizen children or pregnant women until a State demonstrates that it has enrolled 95 percent of the children eligible for Medicaid or CHIP who reside in the State and whose family income does not exceed 200 percent of the poverty line.
Proposed: Jan 27, 2009. Rejected: Jan 27, 2009.
(8) S.Amdt. 46 by Sen. Kyl [R-AZ]
To reinstate the crowd out policy agreed to in section 116 of H.R. 3963 (CHIPRA II), as agreed to and passed by the House and Senate.
Jan 28, 2009. Amendment SA 46 not agreed to in Senate by Yea-Nay Vote. 42 - 56. Record Vote Number: 22. [View Details]
(9) S.Amdt. 47 by Sen. Coburn [R-OK]
To ensure that children do not lose their private insurance and that uninsured children can get access to private insurance.
Proposed: Jan 27, 2009. Rejected: Jan 29, 2009.
Jan 29, 2009. Amendment SA 47 not agreed to in Senate by Yea-Nay. 36 - 62. Record Vote Number: 24. [View Details]
(10) S.Amdt. 48 by Sen. Coburn [R-OK]
(11) S.Amdt. 49 by Sen. Coburn [R-OK]
To prevent fraud and restore fiscal accountability to the Medicaid and SCHIP programs.
(12) S.Amdt. 50 by Sen. Coburn [R-OK]
To restore fiscal discipline by making the Medicaid and SCHIP programs more accountable and efficient.
Proposed: Jan 27, 2009. Accepted: Jan 29, 2009.
(13) S.Amdt. 51 by Sen. Grassley [R-IA]
(14) S.Amdt. 52 by Sen. Grassley [R-IA]
(15) S.Amdt. 53 by Sen. Grassley [R-IA]
(16) S.Amdt. 54 by Sen. Grassley [R-IA]
(17) S.Amdt. 55 by Sen. Grassley [R-IA]
(18) S.Amdt. 56 by Sen. Grassley [R-IA]
(19) S.Amdt. 57 by Sen. Grassley [R-IA]
(20) S.Amdt. 58 by Sen. Webb [D-VA]
To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to provide a revenue source through the treatment of income of partners for performing investment management services as ordinary income received for performance of services and reduce accordingly the tobacco tax increase as a revenue source.
Proposed: Jan 27, 2009. Withdrawn: Jan 28, 2009.
(21) S.Amdt. 59 by Sen. Vitter [R-LA]
(22) S.Amdt. 60 by Sen. Wicker [R-MS]
(23) S.Amdt. 61 by Sen. Bingaman [D-NM]
(24) S.Amdt. 62 by Sen. Bingaman [D-NM]
(25) S.Amdt. 63 by Sen. Bingaman [D-NM]
To clarify that new paperwork and enrollment barriers are not created in the Express Lane Enrollment option and that income may be determined by Express Lane agencies based on State income tax records or returns.
Proposed: Jan 27, 2009. Accepted: Jan 29, 2009.
Jan 29, 2009. Amendment SA 63 as modified agreed to in Senate by Yea-Nay Vote. 55 - 43. Record Vote Number: 29. [View Details]
(26) S.Amdt. 64 by Sen. Bingaman [D-NM]
(27) S.Amdt. 65 by Sen. Martinez [R-FL]
To restore the prohibition on funding of nongovernmental organizations that promote abortion as a method of birth control (the "Mexico City Policy").
Jan 28, 2009. Amendment SA 65 not agreed to in Senate by Yea-Nay Vote. 37 - 60. Record Vote Number: 19. [View Details]
(28) S.Amdt. 66 by Sen. Cornyn [R-TX]
(29) S.Amdt. 67 by Sen. Cornyn [R-TX]
To ensure redistributed funds go towards coverage of low-income children or outreach and enrollment of low-income children, rather than to States that will use the funds to cover children from higher income families.
Jan 28, 2009. Motion to table amendment SA 67 agreed to in Senate by Yea-Nay. 64 - 33. Record Vote Number: 20. [View Details]
(30) S.Amdt. 68 by Sen. Grassley [R-IA]
(31) S.Amdt. 69 by Sen. Grassley [R-IA]
(32) S.Amdt. 70 by Sen. Grassley [R-IA]
(33) S.Amdt. 71 by Sen. Grassley [R-IA]
To extend the State Children's Health Insurance Program for 6 quarters in order to enact bipartisan, comprehensive health care reform.
(34) S.Amdt. 72 by Sen. Grassley [R-IA]
(35) S.Amdt. 73 by Sen. Grassley [R-IA]
(36) S.Amdt. 74 by Sen. Bunning [R-KY]
To eliminate any exceptions to the prohibition on States receiving an enhanced Federal matching rate for providing coverage to children whose family income exceeds 300 percent of the poverty line.
Proposed: Jan 28, 2009. Rejected: Jan 29, 2009.
Jan 29, 2009. Motion to table amendment SA 74 agreed to in Senate by Yea-Nay Vote. 54 - 44. Record Vote Number: 25. [View Details]
(37) S.Amdt. 75 by Sen. Roberts [R-KS]
To prohibit CHIP coverage for higher income children and to prohibit any payments to a State from its CHIP allotments for any fiscal year quarter in which the State Medicaid income eligibility level for children is greater than the income eligibility level for children under CHIP.
Proposed: Jan 28, 2009. Rejected: Jan 28, 2009.
Jan 28, 2009. Amendment SA 75 not agreed to in Senate by Yea-Nay Vote. 36 - 60. Record Vote Number: 21. [View Details]
(38) S.Amdt. 76 by Sen. Roberts [R-KS]
Proposed: Jan 28, 2009.
(39) S.Amdt. 77 by Sen. Murkowski [R-AK]
To provide for the development of best practice recommendations and to ensure coverage of low income children.
Proposed: Jan 28, 2009. Rejected: Jan 28, 2009.
Jan 28, 2009. Amendment SA 77 not agreed to in Senate by Yea-Nay. 47 - 51. Record Vote Number: 23. [View Details]
(40) S.Amdt. 78 by Sen. Martinez [R-FL]
(41) S.Amdt. 79 by Sen. Brown [D-OH]
To strengthen and protect health care access, and to benefit children in need of cancer care or other acute care services.
Proposed: Jan 28, 2009. Withdrawn: Jan 28, 2009.
(42) S.Amdt. 80 by Sen. Hatch [R-UT]
To codify regulations specifying that an unborn child is eligible for child health assistance.
Proposed: Jan 28, 2009. Rejected: Jan 29, 2009.
Jan 29, 2009. Amendment SA 80 not agreed to in Senate by Yea-Nay Vote. 39 - 59. Record Vote Number: 26. [View Details]
(43) S.Amdt. 81 by Sen. Bunning [R-KY]
(44) S.Amdt. 82 by Sen. Coburn [R-OK]
Proposed: Jan 29, 2009.
(45) S.Amdt. 83 by Sen. Grassley [R-IA]
Proposed: Jan 29, 2009. Rejected: Jan 29, 2009.
(46) S.Amdt. 84 by Sen. Coburn [R-OK]
(47) S.Amdt. 85 by Sen. DeMint [R-SC]
To provide an above-the-line Federal income tax deduction for health care costs of certain children in an amount comparable to the average federal share of the benefit provided to any non-citizen child for medical assistance or child health assistance.
Jan 29, 2009. Amendment SA 85 not agreed to in Senate by Yea-Nay Vote. 40 - 58. Record Vote Number: 27. [View Details]
(48) S.Amdt. 86 by Sen. Coburn [R-OK]
To ensure that American children have high-quality health coverage that fits their individual needs.
Jan 29, 2009. Amendment SA 86 not agreed to in Senate by Yea-Nay Vote. 36 - 62. Record Vote Number: 28. [View Details]
(49) S.Amdt. 87 by Sen. Stabenow [D-MI]
(50) S.Amdt. 88 by Sen. Stabenow [D-MI]
(51) S.Amdt. 89 by Sen. Stabenow [D-MI]
(52) S.Amdt. 90 by Sen. Stabenow [D-MI]
(53) S.Amdt. 91 by Sen. Stabenow [D-MI]
(54) S.Amdt. 92 by Sen. Coburn [R-OK]
(55) S.Amdt. 93 by Sen. Hutchison [R-TX]
To provide assistance for States with percentages of children with no health insurance coverage above the national average.
Jan 29, 2009. Amendment SA 93 not agreed to in Senate by Yea-Nay Vote. 17 - 81. Record Vote Number: 30. [View Details]
(56) S.Amdt. 94 by Sen. Baucus [D-MT]
To make a technical correction to the option to cover legal immigrant children and pregnant women.
Proposed: Jan 29, 2009. Accepted: Jan 29, 2009.
(57) S.Amdt. 95 by Sen. Baucus [D-MT]
To make technical corrections to the State option to provide dental-only supplemental coverage.
(58) S.Amdt. 96 by Sen. Baucus [D-MT]
To clarify that no eligible entity that receives an outreach and enrollment grant is required to provide matching funds.
(59) S.Amdt. 97 by Sen. Baucus [D-MT]
Of a technical nature.
(60) S.Amdt. 244 by Sen. Cornyn [R-TX]
Proposed: Feb 4, 2009.

jeffterry's photo
Wed 09/09/09 10:36 PM

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h111-2

the SCHIP bill that increased tobacco was introduced Jan 13, 2009 and signed Feb 4 2009

To amend title XXI of the Social Security Act to extend and improve the Children's Health Insurance Program, and for other purposes.

Wrong link?

jeffterry's photo
Wed 09/09/09 10:28 PM

Acorn is like any other organization, you will have your good and bad in them. Isn't this an rather old issue at this point? Just asking. It's certainly a favorite topic for those that dislike this president.

not quite Glen Beck seems to love the topic. Fully half his air time has been devoted to the topic

jeffterry's photo
Wed 09/09/09 10:08 PM
Fox news has been hard on their ***** here lately but all the lawsuits go away.

jeffterry's photo
Wed 09/09/09 10:01 PM
Anyone following this story? Voter fraud? True or false?

jeffterry's photo
Wed 09/09/09 09:59 PM

WASHINGTON (AP) - One of President Barack Obama's campaign pledges on taxes went up in puffs of smoke Wednesday.

The largest increase in tobacco taxes took effect despite Obama's promise not to raise taxes of any kind on families earning under $250,000 or individuals under $200,000.

This is one tax that disproportionately affects the poor, who are more likely to smoke than the rich.

To be sure, Obama's tax promises in last year's campaign were most often made in the context of income taxes. Not always.

"I can make a firm pledge," he said in Dover, N.H., on Sept. 12. "Under my plan, no family making less than $250,000 a year will see any form of tax increase. Not your income tax, not your payroll tax, not your capital gains taxes, not any of your taxes."

He repeatedly vowed "you will not see any of your taxes increase one single dime."

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D979POSG0&show_article=1

Again Adj, I don't think he was even focusing on cigs and sugar, but again you don't like the guy so I won't keep arguing it. Liar to you. Not to me.

do not even begin to tell me what i think nor who i like or dislike

i do not like nor dislike him

obviously you forgot my posts from when he got elected

the facts speak for themselves

a simple statement "you will not see any of your taxes increase one single dime."

"ANY" taxes
thats a broad statement. If i remember correctly those taxes on tobacco were made into law months before he took office. Maybe I'm wrong?

jeffterry's photo
Wed 09/09/09 09:32 PM
what if I told you that every day that I smoked it cost you $10, for the rest of your life? How about every time I drank a beer that cost you $5 a day? I smoke and drink beer so I'm costing you $15 a day for, lets say 40 years? That nearly a quarter of a million dollars I am costing *you*.
Of course my health care in my later years wont be so dramatic but the principle is the same. How much will I cost your children and grandchildren if I don't stop doing what I am doing? Now extrapolate that into the millions. That is a lot of money. period.
So I postulate that it is society's responsibility to deal with the social norm that it is ok for me to smoke and drink and deal in risky behavior.
Evidently we all hate big government telling us what to do. Drinking soda is bad for us it makes us fat it causes tooth decay which results in dentist bills, which insurance pays for, which drives up insurance costs, so we can no longer afford it and demand the government give us health care.
The point is that as Americans we must own ourselves and do what is necessary to live healthy lives. Should my bad habits reflect on you? Should you pay for my cancer? my emphysema?
Simply said? NO.
But that is exactly what is happening. A tax on soda? Small potatoes. Deal with the real issue. We think we can do whatever we want when ever we want and never deal with the complications. That is American and we all know it. You dont want to deal with my **** and and I dont want to deal with yours.
But the answer is that you should deal with me and I should deal with you. That is the solution. If we were a small community and I was doing something to endanger it I would would be corrected, imprisoned, or banished. That's how it works.
Do I have the right to poison myself? Sure! do I have the right to make you pay for it? Evidently.

jeffterry's photo
Wed 09/09/09 08:52 PM

Chili Cook Off
Judge #3 (Frank) was an inexperienced Chili taster named Frank, who was visiting from Springfield, IL.
Frank: "Recently, I was honored to be selected as a judge at a chili cook-off. The original person called in sick at the last moment and I happened to be standing there at the judge's table asking for directions to the Coors Light truck, when the call came in. I was assured by the other two judges (Native Texans) that the chili wouldn't be all that spicy and besides, they told me I could have free beer during the tasting, so I accepted."

Here are the scorecard notes from the event:

CHILI # 1 - MIKE'S MANIAC MONSTER CHILI...
Judge # 1 -
A little too heavy on the tomato. Amusing kick.

Judge # 2 -
Nice, smooth tomato flavor. Very mild.

Judge # 3 - (Frank) -
Holy $@#&!! What the hell is this stuff? You could remove dried paint from your driveway. Took me two beers to put the flames out. I hope that's the worst one. These Texans are crazy.

CHILI # 2 - AUSTIN'S AFTERBURNER CHILI..
Judge # 1 -
Smoky, with a hint of pork. Slight jalapeno tang.

Judge # 2 -
Exciting BBQ flavor, needs more peppers to be taken seriously.

Judge # 3 - (Frank) -
Keep this out of the reach of children. I'm not sure what I'm supposed to taste besides pain. I had to wave off two people who wanted to give me the Heimlich maneuver. They had to rush in more beer when they saw the look on my face.

CHILI # 3 - FRED'S FAMOUS BURN DOWN THE BARN CHILI...
Judge # 1 -
Excellent firehouse chili. Great kick.

Judge # 2 -
A bit salty, good use of peppers.

Judge # 3 - (Frank) -
Call the EPA. I've located a uranium spill. My nose feels like I have been snorting Drano. Everyone knows the routine by now. Get me more beer before I ignite. Barmaid pounded me on the back, now my backbone is in the front part of my chest. I'm getting $@#&faced from all the beer.

CHILI # 4- BUBBA'S BLACK MAGIC...
Judge # 1 -
Black bean chili with almost no spice. Disappointing.

Judge # 2 -
Hint of lime in the black beans. Good side dish for fish or other mild foods, not much of a chili.

Judge # 3 - (Frank) -
I felt something scraping across my tongue, but was unable to taste it. Is it possible to burn out taste buds? Sally, the beer maid, was standing behind me with fresh refills. That 300-Lb woman is starting to look HOT...just like this nuclear waste I'm eating! Is chili an aphrodisiac?

CHILI # 5- LISA'S LEGAL LIP REMOVER...
Judge # 1 -
Meaty, strong chili. Cayenne peppers freshly ground, adding considerable kick. Very impressive.

Judge # 2 -
Chili using shredded beef, could use more tomato. Must admit the cayenne peppers make a strong statement.

Judge # 3 - (Frank) -
My ears are ringing, sweat is pouring off my forehead and I can no longer focus my eyes. I farted and four people behind me needed paramedics. The contestant seemed offended when I told her that her chili had given me brain damage. Sally saved my tongue from bleeding by pouring beer directly on it from the pitcher. I wonder if I'm burning my lips off. It really pisses me off that the other judges asked me to stop screaming. Screw those rednecks.

CHILI # 6- VERA'S VERY VEGETARIAN VARIETY...
Judge # 1 -
Thin yet bold vegetarian variety chili. Good balance of spices and peppers.

Judge # 2 -
The best yet. Aggressive use of peppers, onions, and garlic. Superb.

Judge # 3 - (Frank) -
My intestines are now a straight pipe filled with gaseous, sulfuric flames. I $@#& on myself when I farted and I'm worried it will eat through the chair. No one seems inclined to stand behind me except that Sally. Can't feel my lips anymore. I need to wipe my *** with a snow cone.

CHILI # 7- SUSAN'S SCREAMING SENSATION CHILI...
Judge # 1 -
A mediocre chili with too much reliance on canned peppers.

Judge # 2 -
Ho hum, tastes as if the chef literally threw in a can of chili peppers at the last moment. **I should take note that I am worried about Judge # 3. He appears to be in a bit of distress as he is cursing uncontrollably.

Judge # 3 - (Frank) -
You could put a grenade in my mouth, pull the pin, and I wouldn't feel a thing. I've lost sight in one eye, and the world sounds like it is made of rushing water. My shirt is covered with chili, which slid unnoticed out of my mouth. My pants are full of lava to
match my shirt. At least during the autopsy, they'll know what killed me. I've decided to stop breathing it's too painful. Screw it; I'm not getting any oxygen anyway. If I need air, I'll just suck it in through the 4-inch hole in my stomach.

CHILI # 8- BIG TOM'S TOENAIL CURLING CHILI..
Judge # 1 -
The perfect ending, this is a nice blend chili. Not too bold but spicy enough to declare its existence.

Judge # 2 -
This final entry is a good, balanced chili. Neither mild nor hot. Sorry to see that most of it was lost when Judge # 3 farted, passed out, fell over and pulled the chili pot down on top of himself. Not sure if he's going to make it. Poor feller, wonder how he'd have reacted to really hot chili?

Judge # 3 - (Frank) -
No Report

Now this is what I am talking about. If only I could be a judge at one of these! For sure I will try out the above recipe, I need a blender or one of those other thingies. Anyone else got a good recipe? How about sharing some of those BBQ ones?

jeffterry's photo
Sun 09/06/09 06:07 PM
I like hot sauce on eggs too, and hash browns. The just seem to go down better. I've mixed hot sauce and A1 for my steak, gave it a nice kick.

jeffterry's photo
Sun 09/06/09 05:36 PM

My Mom's Dell laptop does not turn on(black screen) but an itty bitty lightning bolt lights up on the keyboard itself signifying power or battery. I turn the laptop over and there is a battery pack type of thing and the cover on it has a lightning bolt on it. I took this "rechargable" black thing out and now I don't know what to do . Is this something that you take somewhere and get recharged? Buy a new one? Should it have come with a charger? I'm lost on this. Thanks.

You should have a charger that connects from the wall out let to the back of the computer. That is how the batter is recharged. If you don't have that then it will need to be replaced. It does seem to be getting some juice if you can see the power light on.

jeffterry's photo
Sun 09/06/09 05:12 PM

sad I have no clue? I am trying this site, but it seems they are already married, gay or gone?? good luck to you too in finding someone, lol

I hope it doesn't take luck! What else have you tried? I am a little wary of sites that make you pay to be a "featured" member. There is a a good community here, but it seems most of the Arkansas folks have left. The other gals I'm interested in live a long ways away.
To the both of us! :)

jeffterry's photo
Sun 09/06/09 04:55 PM

A great book I just picked up for those who like "Wizards" is a book called Wizards.

They are never before published stories of magical tales from the masters of modern fantasy.

All are short stories, which include such authors as Neil Gaiman, Garth Nix, Eoin Colfer, and many more.

That is a great book, and an easy read since it is in short story format. Sometimes it's nice not to read an epic.

I would like to see someone bring the Forgotten Realms and Dragonlance to the screen (small or large). FR could fill out a decade of weekly episodes. Dragonlance could be made into an epic movie along the lines of LotR. Of course who would play Raistlin?

jeffterry's photo
Sun 09/06/09 04:44 PM
I use Avast and havent had a problem yet. I use lifehacker.com to stay on top of the newest protections. They have a great community that seriously knows their "collective" stuff.
At work we have Norton Corporate and it does work, but is really really slow.
But it's all about user awareness.

jeffterry's photo
Sun 09/06/09 04:29 PM

Ah, I guess McCain is old enough to be born before Carter's term huh? LOL

Weren't they still digging the canal when he was born?
rofl

jeffterry's photo
Sun 09/06/09 02:39 PM
you should be able to SQL dump if you can interact directly with the database. Does it let you create tables, rows, etc., with SQL statements or what?
Also you can look for an export command somewhere. Sorry I can't be more helpful.

jeffterry's photo
Fri 09/04/09 11:01 PM

any true hotsauce nut would need to know about blairs. he is the leading magician in the buisness. his is the hottest you can ever hope to get,, his 16,000,000 reserve is as hot as you could ever find. he makes all his own sauces and tries them, even though imo anyone who tried the 16 mil reserve is a flaming moron. I do like Da Bomb's line though.

I found Blairs site and I have to say I've never seen a disclaimer on hot sauce. I'm a registered member now!

jeffterry's photo
Thu 09/03/09 07:23 AM

The adobo sauce that Chipolte peppers are canned with is an excellent hot sauce that is not well known. Recently, chefs have been using it to enhance many Southwestern dishes. It is unbeatable for flavoring chilis and stews, as well as any dish you might use hot sauce to brighten.

I've seen several recipes using that as one of the ingredients in the sauce. I found a can of it but have not had a chance to put it to use.
I guess around here the main sauce is Tabasco or Texas Pete's.

jeffterry's photo
Wed 09/02/09 08:17 PM
pretty much like in the Raiders

Previous 1 3