Community > Posts By > musicmichael

musicmichael's photo
Fri 03/16/12 08:20 PM
i totally agree with you.

musicmichael's photo
Fri 03/16/12 05:18 PM
Well, i personally believe that a discussion of the subject matter of Casualties of War is quite timely today in light of today's news about the soldier who is alleged to have killed 16 civilians in Afghanistan a few days ago - it demonstrates how the hostilities of war can affect the minds and psyches of men and women who experience the ugliness of combat.

i believe the movie Casualties of War should be required to be watched by all men and women before they are deplored to a war zone - and that psychologists should test each one's reaction and feelings re the movie before they are deplored to weed out those who shouldn't be.

musicmichael's photo
Fri 03/16/12 01:31 PM
i wish to see what people have said on this forum re the movie Casualties of War starring Michael J. Fox and Sean Penn. Can anybody direct me to where i can find any discussions re this movie? i couldn't find any search engine which would assist me in finding such discussions. Thank you.

musicmichael's photo
Sun 09/06/09 11:04 AM
i read The Mists of Avalon several years ago and thought it one of the best books i have ever read [i am almost through with my second reading, having 200 pages to go]. It reminds me of Tolkien's Lord of the Rings trilogy and several Dickens novels i have read as far as how much is written into each sentence. It is meaty and therefore a slow read, but well worth the time. The imagery is amazing and author Marion Bradley Zimmerman's ideas about Christianity are right on. i find it ironic though that she became a devout Christian despite having written this book. Mists is about the Arthurian legend from a feminist perspective. i high recommend it to those out there who practice the Wiccan spirituality, and/or believe in the Mother Goddess.