no photo
Sat 08/11/12 09:32 AM
So msharmony I never did see your answer to my earlier question asking for clarification on your statements on the first page of this thread.

Basically you said no one has a logical legal reason to have that kind of capability. I asked for you to define the capability that is logically legal as you put it, but you never did.

How can you with any certainty talk about a subject such as this, making statements about what should be legal or illegal and not define what you mean?

no photo
Sat 08/11/12 09:27 AM
Arm yourselves.

However I want to take a moment to say something important. Right now with the media the way it is you wouldn't know this fact, but right now we live in a time where less violence exists than EVER before. In fact for that reason we see all of the misunderstanding of what it means to be armed and why having arms is important to the society and for the individual. Most people these days who live in first world countries will never experience serious harm at the hands of another. Fewer wars are waged and less people are killed in those wars than historically. Despite all of that as an individual anything can happen to you if you fail to prepare, or as I like to say . . walk softly but carry a lot of firepower.

no photo
Fri 08/10/12 01:11 PM
Getting my concealed carry permit renewed tomorrow. Personal responsibility will help in these cases . . nothing else really can.

no photo
Fri 08/10/12 01:06 PM
Edited by Bushidobillyclub on Fri 08/10/12 01:08 PM

Harrington was found guilty two weeks ago of breaking a 1925 law for having, what state water managers called “three illegal reservoirs” on his property. He was convicted of nine misdemeanors, sentenced to 30 days in jail and fined over $1500 for collecting rainwater and snow runoff on his property.

Crowd of supporters outside Jackson County Jail, Wednesday August 8, 2012. (Photo: Gary Harrington)

The Oregon Water Resources Department, claims that Harrington has been violating the state’s water use law by diverting water from streams running into the Big Butte River.

,, putting the law in the hands of the states,, he can move to a state without such laws,,,,,isnt that what constitutionalism is about?
Central planners exist at all levels of government. Doesn't really matter where they enact there laws if they strip citizens of freedom without showing harm to another then they are doing exactly what we are describing and reject.

This is wide reaching.

Cant grow your own tabbaco.
Cant buy/sell lemonade.
Heck one lady is being evicted for having a garden.

You say move if you don't like it . . please, that is hardly an option for most Americans. The real answer is outlaw laws which do not meet the burden of harm, and place the burden of demonstrating harm on the folks who wish to bring charges, or bring complaint.

Millions of restrictive laws which require no harm at all for someone to be harmed through force by the government for the audacity of selling lemonade. Protectionists like msharmony are to blame.

Huh? You can grow your own tabacco.
You can even be a tobacco farmer!

You can sell lemonade. You can set up a stand downtown and
or by the side of the road someplace and have a little business.

You can even make fruit smoothies!

Laws and regulations are not that strict!

laugh

No leaving your dog poopsie on my lawn though!

noway
laugh
Your wrong, in most cities the permit for selling a beverage takes months to get and can cost more than it is worth. Heck one church got fined for giving away bottled water.

Not all cities/states are as bad in this regard. Regulations on such common things as milk and sugar and lemonade are ridiculous in the extreme and show that the government has shifted to a role of parent, or owner over us vs protecting our rights. If someone wants to drink raw milk they should be able to . . its dumb, insurance shouldn't have to pay for your stupidity, but you should be able to do it.

Regulation always starts with some kind of good intention. Oh what happens if the little girl selling lemonade doesn't wash her hands and you get salmonella, oh heavens we need to protect all of those people from themselves.

The loss of personal freedom is directly tied to a lack of personal responsibility and is fueled on good intentions.

no photo
Fri 08/10/12 09:14 AM

I have often postulated about a sun wit a gold core instead of an iron one. How would this affect it? It would lack of a magnetic field because gold is not magnetic. How would the visible spectrum be affected?

A stellar object of the mass of a Star has a mass field of such intensity as to break 'gold' into its component atoms.

That stellar mass also has magnetic fields because of the interaction of atoms at the atomic and sub-atomic levels.

Our star is a fusion furnance not a planatary core. If it was impacted by sufficent 'gold' bearing asteroids I suppose that the 'furnace' output would be contaminated by hard radiation caused by the breakdown of the 'gold' in the stars upper atmosphere.

Would really wreak havoc upon a life zone planet.
Yes, the temps in the sun would not foster gold formation. To my knowledge all of available gold is due to supernova explosion not formation in the sun. I am no expert, but spectrum analysis shows no gold in the sun. It takes larger stars to supernova anyways and during that process is when the gold is formed. Anyone more knowledgeable feel free to add or correct me.

no photo
Fri 08/10/12 09:04 AM
Edited by Bushidobillyclub on Fri 08/10/12 09:09 AM

Harrington was found guilty two weeks ago of breaking a 1925 law for having, what state water managers called “three illegal reservoirs” on his property. He was convicted of nine misdemeanors, sentenced to 30 days in jail and fined over $1500 for collecting rainwater and snow runoff on his property.

Crowd of supporters outside Jackson County Jail, Wednesday August 8, 2012. (Photo: Gary Harrington)

The Oregon Water Resources Department, claims that Harrington has been violating the state’s water use law by diverting water from streams running into the Big Butte River.

,, putting the law in the hands of the states,, he can move to a state without such laws,,,,,isnt that what constitutionalism is about?
Central planners exist at all levels of government. Doesn't really matter where they enact there laws if they strip citizens of freedom without showing harm to another then they are doing exactly what we are describing and reject.

This is wide reaching.

Cant grow your own tabbaco.
Cant buy/sell lemonade.
Heck one lady is being evicted for having a garden.

You say move if you don't like it . . please, that is hardly an option for most Americans. The real answer is outlaw laws which do not meet the burden of harm, and place the burden of demonstrating harm on the folks who wish to bring charges, or bring complaint.

Millions of restrictive laws which require no harm at all for someone to be harmed through force by the government for the audacity of selling lemonade. Protectionists like msharmony are to blame.

no photo
Fri 08/10/12 09:00 AM
All of the off topic posts should be deleted. I urge you to start a thread specifically on those topics.

no photo
Thu 08/09/12 11:13 AM

Hahahahaaaaa.

Nobody owns anybody else. Slavery was abolished a while back now.

laugh

Simple answer to a simple question.
What are the ramifications of that fact?

Does ownership mean I can take my own life?
Does it mean I can do risky things with my life?
What does it mean and what does it not mean?

I think it pretty much means what you think it means.
I guess you could take your own life although I wouldn't do that.
I guess you can take risks or do whatever you like as long as
you want to do it bad enough. It's really impossible to avoid
risk so it is only a matter of which risks you wish to take.
It's a free country as they say...Go for it!

I don't think there is any "other" hidden meaning.
Ok so we agree that the ramifications of self ownership is that laws which restrict such choices are really demonstrating a legal system which ignores our ownership of ourselves?

no photo
Thu 08/09/12 10:23 AM
Edited by Bushidobillyclub on Thu 08/09/12 10:25 AM

I do not agree with this. I support the 2A, and the right to bear arms, but killing when your life is not in danger is NOT the law of the land . . . even texas.

Either she will be charged at a later date, or someone is treating this women with privilege.

I agree with it because I have 0 tolerance for criminals!

Better than having tax payers pay for 3 meals a day and his gym equipment lol.

the family that must bury him have to pay, they may be taxpayers too....

the children he may leave behind will have to pay dearly,,,,

I would prefer giving him the three meals for however long a petty thief gets in jail (probably not much)

I would prefer to not pay for someone who does not to work to support them self, but rather just take from someone they view to be an easy target. Perhaps if your grandmother, grandfather, mom or dad got jumped and beaten mercilessly for the $23 they have on em you might change your mind. But I doubt it, rose tinted lenses are a hard thing to overcome!
In the example given no deadly force was used. So your example is orange to the apples of the OP.

So far as you having to pay for it . . . that has more to do with removing the forced labor part of incarceration, really a different topic anyways . . .

Is there anyone who would say they arent for 'justice'

its the definition that differs from person to person

I am for JUSTICE too,,,
No one agrees that a penalty that is disproportionate to the harm of the crime is justice . . . in fact justice means getting what you deserve which MEANS proportionality. You can disagree what is proportionate, but not what justice means.

sigh . . its so hard sometimes with some of you guys to even have a meaningful conversation because you pretend words can have any meanings you want.

no photo
Thu 08/09/12 10:19 AM

If you were right than weapon innovation would never have been needed at all.

really. soooo, profit had nothing to do with it?

weapon innovation has happened primarily for MILITARY purposes, where combat is more than a one on one proposal,,,,

where you have groups of men advancing towards GROUPS of men, yes, the need for a massively destructive gun becomes practical

when you have a nutcase advancing towards an unarmed person or populace,, massively destructive weapons only gives HIM an advantage,,,,
All tactical situations start with a single shooter. Even in the military. Right now more than ever tactics have evolved to urban environments, so again . . . no you are wrong. Also, no supply ever existed without a demand. In a deadly encounter no demand ever existed without a need.

I imagine the weapon innovations you are talking about right now in light of these shooting is larger capacity magazines? Yes? no?

Being vague never helped anyone understand anything.

Im gonna be 'vague' because I dont know the NAMES of weapons

but I am being specific enough in describing the TYPES of weapons, their capability and the practicality of a non military CITIZEN owning them,,,,
No your not being specific enough, and you didn't answer my question.

You said and I quote:
there is just no LOGICAL LEGAL purpose for any weapon that can do that type of mass damage in a matter of seconds,,,,,
In context of this shooting that means you think a semi automatic pistol with between 7 - 19 rounds has no logical legal purpose. (I dont know the exact model he used thus the range)

Please explain to me this opinion. Please help me understand at what round count it goes from being a logical legal purpose to no logical legal purpose and WHY?

no photo
Thu 08/09/12 10:15 AM

sure do

same way I own my car, which I paid for outright

although I still cant park it where it says 'no parking' without some consequence

yet the CAR belongs to me,, yes
Your point here is pointless. Your point is you cant park your car somewhere you don't own . . . way to not deal with the topic.

Try again.

So if you own your car, can you dismantle it? Can you sell off its pieces? Can you put high octane gas in it even though it might be harmful? Heck can you put water in your own gas tank? Can you crash the car into a tree you own on your own property? Should you? Should government through force stop you from doing any of these things? Why?

yes
yes
yes
yes
yes
no, why destroy property I worked hard to pay for
no

because its mine and affects NOONE else as it is inanimate,,,,
So why is it different when instead of a car its a kidney?

no photo
Thu 08/09/12 10:14 AM
All criminal penalties should not be inequitable to the harm of the crime, otherwise calling it justice would not make sense. I am for justice.

no photo
Thu 08/09/12 10:11 AM
Edited by Bushidobillyclub on Thu 08/09/12 10:11 AM

really. soooo, profit had nothing to do with it?

weapon innovation has happened primarily for MILITARY purposes, where combat is more than a one on one proposal,,,,

where you have groups of men advancing towards GROUPS of men, yes, the need for a massively destructive gun becomes practical

when you have a nutcase advancing towards an unarmed person or populace,, massively destructive weapons only gives HIM an advantage,,,,
All tactical situations start with a single shooter. Even in the military. Right now more than ever tactics have evolved to urban environments, so again . . . no you are wrong. Also, no supply ever existed without a demand. In a deadly encounter no demand ever existed without a need.

I imagine the weapon innovations you are talking about right now in light of these shooting is larger capacity magazines? Yes? no?

Being vague never helped anyone understand anything.

no photo
Thu 08/09/12 10:06 AM

sure do

same way I own my car, which I paid for outright

although I still cant park it where it says 'no parking' without some consequence

yet the CAR belongs to me,, yes
Your point here is pointless. Your point is you cant park your car somewhere you don't own . . . way to not deal with the topic.

Try again.

So if you own your car, can you dismantle it? Can you sell off its pieces? Can you put high octane gas in it even though it might be harmful? Heck can you put water in your own gas tank? Can you crash the car into a tree you own on your own property? Should you? Should government through force stop you from doing any of these things? Why?

no photo
Thu 08/09/12 10:01 AM

I do not agree with this. I support the 2A, and the right to bear arms, but killing when your life is not in danger is NOT the law of the land . . . even texas.

Either she will be charged at a later date, or someone is treating this women with privilege.

thats refreshing to read,, we agree

taking a life over a purse, very sad indeed,,,
It would be refreshing if you would stop dancing around some of the more challenging questions I ask you (in other threads) and deal with them honestly( heck take your time, I don't post these to get immediate responses, but your responses so far have been absurd or based on emotion only, not facts)

no photo
Thu 08/09/12 09:58 AM

good points, those who wish to use drugs or prostitute themself dont completely own their bodies

being I dont wish to do either, I feel complete ownership of mine,,,
All your saying here is that you don't care about a lack of ownership because it doesn't effect your decisions . . . yet.

nope, IM saying I dont care about not having the 'right' to poison my body with a few things,, there are plenty of other completely legal poisons,, like alcohol, tobacco,,,,etc,,,,if its my choice to use them,,,
Right, you are confirming that because this does not effect you, you don't care.

Your caring does not change the fact that you cannot do as you please with your body.

msharmony your cognitive dissonance is showing, might want to tuck that in a bit.

of course it affects me, Im glad I dont have to be in a society working and navigating around methheads and prostitutes,,,

GO government!
So do you own your body or not?

no photo
Thu 08/09/12 09:53 AM
Edited by Bushidobillyclub on Thu 08/09/12 09:55 AM

Bushido, IM not in love with guns, so I wont venture into a discussion with the proper names of weapons because I would lose

my point is the practical need or use for WEAPONS (Whatever they are called) which can wipe out DOZENS of people without ever reloading,,,,

someone 'trained' in how to use a weapon (as gun advocates almost always claim to be) would be able to take someone out, or at the very minimum disable them, just as well with SIX possible shots as with SIXTY,,,,
Your wrong is the plain and simple answer. Law enforcement officers are killed all the time when they run out of ammo and are caught reloading.

A common tactical situation occurs when the person attacking realizes he is getting return fire and takes cover. If only all such attackers were dumb enough to avoid cover and let us shoot them in the face with a single well place shot.

As soon as that occurs the capabilities of the weapons being used directly impact the encounter.

No one who has any knowledge of any conflict at any time throughout history would claim otherwise.

Get educated.

its not about the education, its strictly opinion,,,

I have military friends and family and some agree with me and some dont, ,they are all 'educated' about firearms

The objective facts are what lead to the conclusions, opinions are not important. We can run a thousand tests in an objective environment and the results will show the story . . . its a good thing the military leaders don't ask your friends there opinions when developing tactics they take a scientific approach and run experiments to determine there battle field SOP. Same with police, same with anyone who takes these situations seriously. Good thing we don't rely on your gut feelings, they tend to be so far off as to be destructive.

It really is funny to me to see you double down with your nonsense instead of dealing in the actual facts of reality.

no photo
Thu 08/09/12 09:50 AM
Edited by Bushidobillyclub on Thu 08/09/12 09:50 AM

good points, those who wish to use drugs or prostitute themself dont completely own their bodies

being I dont wish to do either, I feel complete ownership of mine,,,
All your saying here is that you don't care about a lack of ownership because it doesn't effect your decisions . . . yet.

nope, IM saying I dont care about not having the 'right' to poison my body with a few things,, there are plenty of other completely legal poisons,, like alcohol, tobacco,,,,etc,,,,if its my choice to use them,,,
Right, you are confirming that because this does not effect you, you don't care.

Your caring does not change the fact that you cannot do as you please with your body.

msharmony your cognitive dissonance is showing, might want to tuck that in a bit.

no photo
Thu 08/09/12 09:47 AM

Bushido, IM not in love with guns, so I wont venture into a discussion with the proper names of weapons because I would lose

my point is the practical need or use for WEAPONS (Whatever they are called) which can wipe out DOZENS of people without ever reloading,,,,

someone 'trained' in how to use a weapon (as gun advocates almost always claim to be) would be able to take someone out, or at the very minimum disable them, just as well with SIX possible shots as with SIXTY,,,,

Like you admitted. You are no professional so, how would you know you last statement with any certainty?

We need to be, at the least, as well armed as the criminal or feral.
It doesn't take a professional to realize that the capability of the weapon directly influences the outcome of the encounter. It really is simple logic that takes mental hoola hoops to ignore.

no photo
Thu 08/09/12 09:45 AM
Edited by Bushidobillyclub on Thu 08/09/12 09:48 AM

Your wrong is the plain and simple answer. Law enforcement officers are killed all the time when they run out of ammo and are caught reloading.

A common tactical situation occurs when the person attacking realizes he is getting return fire and takes cover. If only all such attackers were dumb enough to avoid cover stand still and let us shoot them in the face with a single well place shot.

As soon as that occurs the capabilities of the weapons being used directly impact the encounter.

No one who has any knowledge of any conflict at any time throughout history would claim otherwise.

Get educated.

1 2 13 14 15 17 19 20 21 24 25