Community > Posts By > Shasta1

Shasta1's photo
Thu 12/16/10 01:29 PM
One of my personal favorites...Jesse James.

Shasta1's photo
Thu 12/16/10 01:27 PM
If guns are outlawed, then only outlaws will have guns.

Shasta1's photo
Thu 12/16/10 01:22 PM
Edited by Shasta1 on Thu 12/16/10 01:24 PM
Thats MY joke the only one I ever remember..2 potatoes are walking down the street, which one is the prostitute?

ok 2k now you post that....<g>.

oh dear! just LOOK at the time...I'm late, I'm late...for a very important date..
(I know, I know, wrong theme...work, work, work)

Shasta1's photo
Thu 12/16/10 01:19 PM
Gentle men (and women)...I rest my case...

Shasta1's photo
Thu 12/16/10 01:06 PM
just wondering, coming back to see whats been going on, this thought occurs to me.
To my old and newer friends here...who you callin' a HO? (HO-Ho)

Shasta1's photo
Thu 11/25/10 05:14 AM
tsk-tsk. With (almost) all the men answers so far being negative/derogative about where we would be without you all, I can see why you are all also still single. laugh :tongue:

Shasta1's photo
Tue 11/16/10 04:38 AM
lol, thanks you guys for the advice plus warm words.
It actually turned out to be one of the sockets, there was plug in multi-socket thing over it and that went, blowing the others and frying my micorwave..

Shasta1's photo
Mon 11/15/10 02:38 PM
It started last month when I couldn't get the truck passed for smog, gave someone some money to get me parts and they abscounded with the $ My laptop, which have literally never used but bought new 5 years ago , was stolem from work. I had bought it in and was taking it home that night and my 81 year old co-boss asked if it had spider solitaire. Sure. A week later it's gone. The day I discovered that, my desktop took a tailspin. spock
Last night, doing the laundry, the microwave was on. The dryer was going (it's one of those old stackables- very old) (mustard yellow old). But I digress. I was in the frig then out. A minute later went in and noticed the light out.
Hmmm. Went to use microwave and ! not working! Same wall as frig, w/d, coffee pot. north. Washer dryer work but different line- 225?
Go out and check fuse box, flip all twice. Nothing. One is loose, but not a main and have no idea what it is.
Today, realized the other wall sockets are out on the east wall. The light over the sink works on said wall and said wall is only 10 ft long. Dish disposal also works, just not 2 walls of sockets. I have the refigerator plugged into the otherside of n. wall where computer is but don't like that idea.
PLEASE any input on what is wrong...would be more than greatly approeciated. I even crochet you a washcloth (thats about as far as I can go, or a really long scarf...:tongue: )
btw...my 8 year old cell phone sim card also died today.
Also...Any one know a anything about getting this whammy off of me. ohwell ?

Shasta1's photo
Sun 11/14/10 11:59 AM
Not if you know the pit boss...or so am told.

Shasta1's photo
Sun 11/14/10 11:56 AM

Thumbs up!! to ALL parents and carers of people with a disability.

These people have committed 3/4 of their lives to caring,
teaching and showing their children with a disability
the skills to lead an independent life.

They scarifice part of their dreams in life to support
another to lead a relative normal life.

That is a partial part of humanity :)

I've worked with people who have additional problems to overcome most of my adult life.
The parents sacrifice more in todays world with the young ones but the older people with disabilities are left to the care and love of others. Rarely have I encountered a person who gave up their dreams,
because it all is entwined together. Just as you must have the ability to step out side the box to do this kind of work, the same holds true for parents. People will be selfish if they are so inclined and having a child with special needs will not change them all that much.
And people with empathy in their hearts to help another simply realized we are all in this together and that will be the only way clearly out of the mess the rest of the human population has created.
And just as one bad apple will make the rest look bad, am always reminded of the saying:
'The more people I know, the better I like my dog' or something along those lines.

Shasta1's photo
Fri 11/12/10 12:11 PM
One- I wonder why the Feds are involved...they don't care about individual safety. Probally some higher up politicians promise to make another money, or himself.
Two- Nothing is EVER free. They go in there and 9 out of 10 there will be charges for that or something else ensuing- esp @ the dealers.
Three- 550 vechicles with problems and 1500 complaints isn't a high number, again... whats in it for someone?
and lastly...the catlylictic converters have caused way more headaches but they haven't recalled them... lets get our priorities straight Ford.

Shasta1's photo
Fri 11/12/10 11:56 AM

Will someone please boot this to the Politics thread?

It wasn't at the beginning and it still isn't very humorous.

Shasta1's photo
Thu 10/28/10 03:12 AM
Totally agree.

Welcome to life my dear. Everyone in some way or form has experienced the negative you had to some or the same extent, in one form or another. So...what did you get out of the experience, hopefully not permanent damage that will eventually make you more and more bitter and cynical in life? PLEASE. We certainly don't need any more of that anywhere.
You got alot of great replies on here, and one thing I noticed in a few of your replies to these people was cyinicism, maybe a little unwarranted harshness and a attitude of who asked you?
Mind you, am in a peaceful, objective state myself at this time. Perhaps...you are already receiving a little karma by this persons deed? You say you helped her, there has to be more. Were you expecting a little more out of her work,
were expecting something..only you know IF you examine your behavior. What we are thinking/feeling does indeed come out in our lanquage, body, facial and vocal (slips or not) even if we think it's been hidden.
Look at life as some sort of test. To give in to disgust, hatred, bitterness over a few hundred dollars is failure. To get the message behind it, (for it is a lesson) and avoid changing your persona into something more angry, justified, righteous, etc is the ultimate win.
You certainly don't think life is just simplicity and you float through it without incident?
Acceptance is the key. People are going to do the unexpected and you may just get run over by that runaway truck once in awhile. Accept that you cannot change others- expect some turbulance at times and in the end work on forgiving her, it's just not all that bad considering what ALOT of people are going through and losing these days. BTW, 1 1/2 wks ago had my 1200$ lap stolen from work from a room that is supposed to stay locked and only certain people should be allowed in there. The week before I gave a man who had been laid off a hundred dollars to get me something for my truck that it needed. He never came back with the money. I set them both up to happen unintenionally, so. Does this make me angry? No. Empathy that these are hard times and desperate times bring out desperate measures. And the reality that they must need it much more than I at that time to take those things..
Do some spiritual reading from some of our great teachers who have come, to get your head twisted right again.
Good Luck.

Shasta1's photo
Fri 10/15/10 12:47 PM

Why its my favorite time of year

Better than Christmas in my book..

Yeow I haven't seen her show in ages...the station shots were as good as the d rated horror movies she'd dig up (get it- dig up:tongue: whoa).
OK stop groaning, I'm off to work AGAIN...

Shasta1's photo
Fri 10/15/10 12:26 PM
What people may say about you is none of your business.

Shasta1's photo
Fri 10/15/10 12:24 PM
Todays my Thursday..

Shasta1's photo
Thu 10/14/10 11:52 AM
lol

Shasta1's photo
Tue 10/12/10 10:53 PM
clumsy.

Shasta1's photo
Tue 10/12/10 10:52 PM
a person that showed up, who turned out to be a gift.

Shasta1's photo
Tue 10/12/10 10:51 PM
About 1/2 way, they'll get it down to a science, confidences will go up and am thinking it will start going faster than that. Hopefully.

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 24 25