Community > Posts By > Rhoan

Rhoan's photo
Mon 02/07/11 06:38 PM
I'm a therian (wolf, and leopard). Your not alone.

Rhoan's photo
Mon 02/07/11 06:10 PM
I agree!

Oh.. I know not to piss them off, something a friend of mine learned the hard way. I don't ever plan to be the one to get on their bad side again haha!

My best friend is a tiger therian.. and while she's no kitsune, I've gotten her mad. Ain't fun lol!

Rhoan's photo
Sun 02/06/11 09:15 PM
Haha sure, a lot of people don't know what exactly it is, or you hear a lot of misconceptions. Wikipedia isn't the best resource for this kind of thing, in my opinion.

Your going to run into a lot of definitions of therian, but basically what it is is somebody who believes that they (mentally, spiritually, etc.) a non-human animal. Some believe this is due to reincarnation, being born into another body, some people don't concern themselves with why and just accept it as a state of being.

Unfortunately due to stereotypes and Hollywood, people might associate it with a) furries or b) werewolves, both of which are completely inaccurate. Therianthropy (being a therian) is spiritual, not play pretend or dress up. Nor do they believe they can physically shapeshift lol.

With otherkin it's a similar concept, but a slightly broader definition. While therians are individuals with non-human animal souls (or traits), otherkin encompasses otherworldly beings as well (such as dragons, elves, faeries, etc).

For a lot of people this can sound crazy, I know. Then again, there isn't proof in any religion or spirituality. I know a decent amount of otherkin and therians in person, but I'm always wanting to find more haha.

Rhoan's photo
Sun 02/06/11 03:24 AM
So, I'm here for friends, and It's been hard as heck to find any otherkin from Cali on here (though I did meet one)..

If your otherkin, therian, etc, I'd like to get to know you! Messaging is fine. It's difficult to find kin, and I'm probably too open about my own therianthropy, but I'd rather put myself out there and meet new people.

Hope to talk to more otherkin soon!