Honey Honey
Gimme Gimme Gimme

Cameron

cam83's photo
Tue 05/01/12 12:34 AM
ONLY YESTERDAY by The Carpenters.

cam83's photo
Tue 05/01/12 12:33 AM
Karen Carpenter...her drumming and singing simultaneously was amazing!!

cam83's photo
Mon 09/28/09 07:26 AM
I guess we all have different beliefs on the tribulation. My belief is that there will be a Rapture, believers will be taken up. And then the Tribulation begins. But there will be those that either rejected Jesus, that will turn their hearts to them, in this final time.

But yeah, we live in a world that is so wicked. I wonder if it is more wicked than in Noah's time, where the world was so wicked it had to be destroyed. Even talking about God, or Jesus is considered passe, and in some ways forbidden. Crazy.

I remember going to school and we'd say the Lord's prayer. And now, schools don't do it. They have taken God out of the equation, even for Christmas and that is a shame and sad.

Parents need to stand up for their faith. That's my belief...

cam83's photo
Sun 09/27/09 07:02 PM
Thanks guys for all the warm welcomes and greetings!!!

cam83's photo
Sun 09/27/09 06:33 PM
Fave Books

The Little House series
Anne of Green Gables series (basically I love period pieces)
The Hiding Place by Corrie Ten Boom
The Diary of Anne Frank
The Reader
any JOHN SAUL books I adore...

cam83's photo
Sun 09/27/09 06:27 PM
It's funny, I have only dated one metis guy. I am Metis/Aboriginal myself, but mostly the guys are white, that I date. I don't know why it is. I guess just the type I am attracted to. As for race, the reserve I come from...in order to not have children with serious health defects you can't really marry them there...you need to go far away. An example of this is my great great great great great great grandfather ( I am related to him 7 times)...so it shows how crazy it can get. My parents are related to me, 3rd and 4th cousins. My parents are also related to each other a few times....so I never discourage a Metis/Aboriginal person from marrying a white person or a differnt nationality...

My thoughts,
Cameron

cam83's photo
Sun 09/27/09 05:47 PM
Hi Guys,
Just wanted to say HELLO! I am new here. New beginnings in my life I guess. I am 37 gay male. Very friendly, upbeat, funny and loving person. I love life. I love music...The Carpenters are my most fave group in the whole world (second is ABBA). I think the 1970's gave us some beautiful music.

I just moved here from Edmonton to Quebec and share a place with some good friends of mine, I met in Banff, where I had worked 13 months ago.

I love to dance, have fun, socialize, do karaoke, read, draw, write, go for walks. It is my mission to join a gym, just to get myself more fit.

Other than that. Just wanted to introduce myself!!!

Cameron

cam83's photo
Sun 09/27/09 08:59 AM
For me, definately ABBA, The Carpenters, and Dance Music mix....

I Turn To You-Mel C
It's Raining Men-Geri Halliwell
Blow My Whistle *****
Sandstorm-Darude
Don't Leave Me This Way-Thelma Houston
My Body Keeps Changing my Mind-Karen Carpenter (solo disco)
Copa Copacabana-Barry Manilow
Dancing Queen-Abba
Please Don't Stop the Music-Rhianna
Vogue-Madonna
Poker Face-Lady Gaga
She Bang-Ricky Martin
Waiting For Tonight-JLO
Rapture
Days Go By-Dirty Vegas
Voulez Vous-Abba
Gimme Gimme Gimme(a man after midnight)-Abba
Superstar-The Carpenters
Top of the World-The Carpenters
Love will Keep Us Together-Captain and Tenille
Sound of Silence-Simon and Garfunkle
Keep The Lovelight Burning-Karen Carpenter (solo)
Something In Your Eyes-Richard Carpenter and Dusty Springfield
In Love Alone-Dionne Warwick
Don't Call Me Baby-Madison Ave
Shake Your Groove Thang-Peaches and Herb
Love Theme EVERGREEN-Barbra Streisand
Lost Inside of You-Barbara Streisand
Let Me Fall-Josh Groban

cam83's photo
Sat 09/26/09 08:01 PM
I don't find it weird. Her voice AN instrument and she knew how to use it to full advantage. She could have sung anything!!! Her vocals also just swept the listener into a song. Take SUPERSTAR...or ONLY YESTERDAY, those first few notes and you are drawn into the song....

cam83's photo
Sat 09/26/09 06:44 PM
I wish she were still around. Just imagine all the music she could still be making, between raising a family which was something sadly, she never got to do...

cam83's photo
Fri 09/25/09 02:18 PM
Karen and Richard Carpenter recorded this on their platinum selling album HORIZON back in 1975. She did a delightful version of it.

My thoughts,
Cameron

cam83's photo
Fri 09/25/09 02:13 PM
Hi All,
I would have to say that my favorite female singer of all time is Karen Carpenter. She possessed, in my opinion, the most beautiful of all female voices. She had range-a 4 octave range, but she knew how to use it without extreme vocal acrobatics. She was able to convey loneliness and melancholy into a song, like Rainy Days and Mondays or Superstar to full advantage. Yet, even happy songs like SING or TOP OF THE WORLD had tinges of sadness within.

Her voice, I would say, reminded me of velveteen crystalline. It just had that perfect, smooth quality. Once you heard her on radio, you knew who it was. She could have sung anything...disco, sacred, gospel, r&b, blues, jazz, country, broadway, classical...bascially the world of music was hers for the asking...

She calms me, when I hear THAT voice...one in a trillion!

My thoughts,
Cameron