Community > Posts By > Madcatlady01

Madcatlady01's photo
Tue 09/20/16 07:28 PM
Disappointed.

Had my first date in many years tonight and though we had fun and he's a nice guy I didn't feel the rush of excitement. So he wants a second date - is there any point?

Madcatlady01's photo
Tue 09/20/16 07:22 PM
Ben Howard - Promise

Madcatlady01's photo
Tue 09/20/16 07:16 PM
I tried it

DNL

Madcatlady01's photo
Thu 09/15/16 01:42 PM
lovely :heart:

Madcatlady01's photo
Thu 09/15/16 01:42 AM
Looking forward to our first date but scared to death!!!!! Be patient with this coward happy

Madcatlady01's photo
Wed 09/14/16 05:11 PM
Tears Louisa Johnson

Madcatlady01's photo
Tue 09/13/16 11:24 AM
Tells you everything you need to know about British sense of humour the Monty Python stuff laugh

Madcatlady01's photo
Tue 09/13/16 01:06 AM
Well I've got no kids but it's still very hard. 25 years since I was last on the look out for that elusive thing called love. Everything seems so different. I'd like to do it the old-fashioned way - you know go out to the pub with some mates and catch a guy's eye across the room. But all my friends are married and rarely go out.

Maybe I should take up a new hobby and go to a class. Maybe pottery?? I could fantasise about a gorgeous hunky man coming up behind me at the pottery wheel as in 'Ghost'happy

Madcatlady01's photo
Tue 09/13/16 12:51 AM
Thinking why does this guy want me to chat to him when he tells me he thinks I need to go to the gym laugh laugh laugh
Can't be bothered with another daft chat - blocked

Madcatlady01's photo
Mon 09/12/16 04:55 PM
Take the route that brings you joy

Madcatlady01's photo
Mon 09/12/16 01:00 PM
Edited by Madcatlady01 on Mon 09/12/16 01:01 PM
Yes it's absolutely terrifying. Don't have a clue with this modern dating lark :blush:

Madcatlady01's photo
Sun 09/11/16 03:34 AM
Edited by Madcatlady01 on Sun 09/11/16 03:41 AM
sorry double post - oops

Madcatlady01's photo
Sun 09/11/16 03:34 AM
I don't see much point in marriage personally I got married because it meant a lot to HIM but I didn't need it to commit to our relationship. ironically I have been faithful and he hasn't. So marriage is an annoying trap I m having to escape from now :rolling_eyes:

Madcatlady01's photo
Sun 09/11/16 02:53 AM
Can't find YOU

WYG

Madcatlady01's photo
Sun 09/11/16 02:45 AM
Really like the way you have written about yourself.

Good luck in your search and have fun tiptoeing round the minefield laugh

Madcatlady01's photo
Sun 09/11/16 02:13 AM
Sweet of you to share that - but revealing vulnerability in a dating site is like throwing yourself to the wolves. Too many wrong-uns hanging around. Be careful and do not be too trusting winking

Madcatlady01's photo
Sun 09/11/16 01:48 AM

Finalize your divorce first, THEN start worrying about dating.
Most folks, even older ones, don't want to start a new relationship with somebody who hasn't finished their last one.

that's true

But believe me a relationship can be well and truly finished before a divorce finalizes it. And if your partner has been cheating and moved on why should you hang about getting bitter? You are entitled to start exploring the possibility of a new start of your own while the process of the divorce drags on.

As for dating at our age - wow very scary. Not been on a date yet just chatted to a few guys and at the moment just chatting to one guy who is seemingly very sincere and genuine but it's early days to be thinking of anything beyond friendship.

It was so simple last time I was single (26 years ago!!!). You went to a pub or club and had a dance and a drink with a guy you liked, he took your number and you waited impatiently to hear from him to make a real date. If they didn't well you knew where you stood :)

I am still getting used to all the technology involved with modern dating. Texting seems to make men very brazen and it's daunting how quick things can get personal. It's a bit confusing. Well I'm confused ohwell

Madcatlady01's photo
Sun 09/11/16 12:09 AM
Yuk
Smoked Oysters laugh

Madcatlady01's photo
Sat 09/10/16 06:40 PM
For me it's negativity. Some people suck out all your positivity with their attitude. I can't stay with someone like that.

And people who bear grudges and won't forgive easily. When they talk like that I wonder is it just a matter of time before I step out of line in their eyes??

Give me someone able to move on, not be stubborn and feel the joy of being alive!!!

Madcatlady01's photo
Sat 09/10/16 06:21 PM
Thinking why do I always wake up in the middle of the night?