Community > Posts By > Fastracerguy

Fastracerguy's photo
Tue 09/04/07 07:16 AM
I don't think that XP is living in the past! I still run Win 98 on my business computers because it is small, fast, and not loaded with a lot of junk features like Vista. Most older software is not compatible with Vista and I believe that is by design. Many years ago, Vance Packard, wrote a book called "Planned Obsolescence" which I think really fits the bunch at Microsoft. It's all about making money. New features call for more updates and more profit, whether the features are any good or not. It's just a lure and forced upon us by a monopoly. New computer buyers have no choice in the matter!

Most of the good features in Vista can be downloaded and installed into XP for free! Did you know that? Thankfully, the new features which are troublesome and worthless can be defeated very easily. Soon, you will see many books arriving on the subject of making Vista work like XP and look like XP. Go figure!

For the average user, Vista will be okay, but for programmers and developers, like myself, Vista is one big PIA. ; )

Bob