A_Midsummers_Dream's photo
Mon 07/13/09 12:58 AM

I am no god, i am only me. That has always been enough for me.

I wasn't trying to equalize our prescence to that of God's. What I was trying to say to Adventure is only that those who walk spiritually with God are as much a part of Him as humanly possible. None of us are God but in allowing His prescence to surround us and be with us always we are allowing ourselves to be enveloped into who He is and what He stands for.

Mon 07/13/09 12:33 AM
In one of the many written Histories of God there is yet another story stating something along the lines that, once God was a powerful entity who chose to "speak" to few man spiritually. Upon the death of his son Jesus Christ the Curtian of the Tabernacle was ripped and the Lord's spirit rushed through the land freeing Him to encounter many more people spiritually.
I bring to mind this story because, for those who truly believe that they encounter God everyday, and for all of those who seek spiritual enlightenment through and with Him, and for those who want the kind of relationship that allows God to be apart of everything and everyone around them , then they are simply, that that they are, there for making them, I Am that that I Am.

Mon 07/13/09 12:01 AM
I agree with the others that if it's ok with the person it should be ok, but if you're asking the question then obviously it's not ok. Also the thing that gets me is that it's not neccisarily that your asking the question as it is what you're asking. People question everything. It's human nature, but it shouldn't be about finding or not finding someone "better". The question shouldn't be "Is it ok to settle because you don't think you can find some one better?" What should be be asked is are you not settling because you feel there is someone better out there? Regardless of the fact that you don't think you could get some one else, if you don't think the person your with is the best and you feel like you're "just settling" then perhaps it's time to reevaluate you're wants for a relationship and revaluate the one you're in.

Wed 07/04/07 09:21 AM
CCP
I know exactly what you mean. I feel the same. There are people that you are just suppossed to meet and others a long the way happen to be there. Perhaps to lead you to that person you are suppossed to meet. I met my bestfriend of 12 years in fourth grade cause I smacked a boy in the back of the head with my note book for calling me stupid and got sent into her classroom, and at lunch she came and sat by me and we've been friends ever since. We're the good kind of friends, where every now and then we lose contact, but for some reason we always find eachother agian. She's the only one I've ever met like that.

Truly
MSD

Wed 07/04/07 09:13 AM
Oceans

I want to go to Portugal, France, Spain, Italy, and Germany. I'm sure some other places will attract my attention. I am in the process of attempting to learn and get a handle on the languages for the countries I've listed. Not a good idea though to decide after only 2 years of French and 1 year of Spanish to take on so many languages. I love challenges though, and as much as I love this country, I want some real life experience.

To others

I enjoyed hearing what you had to say. Many of you encouraged me and many of you gave me some feedback that I needed. I am sorry if I did infact come off as unamerican. I've learned from this post to be more specific with what and how I say some things. I would really like to hear more from you guys. Thanks for commenting.

Fanta

I did just get out of highschool. I'm enjoying my last summer of home cooked meals and family time before stepping out on my own.
I think part of why I want to leave so badly s so when I come home I'll have a better understanding of things happening right here in my homeland. I am not quit ready to leave, and when I do I know it will be very hard and I will be very lonely. But I really want that experience and to know or at least feel like I made a difference over there. Then when some child now is 30 or 40 and comes to America they will come with the same spark and fire because they met an American woman long ago who made a difference to them. That's what I want. I know I will always be American, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Truly,
MSD

Wed 07/04/07 08:52 AM
Fanta

I did not mean to dump on our country, in fact in the post I made I say I am an American and I am proud to be one. I love this country, but I know that I'll be put to better use else where. I know I'll miss this country for the reasons JJ mentioned. My family is here. This is all I've ever known, but I want more that this for me, right now. Not because I don't want to be American, but because I want to know the world. I don't want barriers between me and anywhere I am.

jj

You understood what I ment, thank you.

DC

I did not mean to create the assumption that all Americans are ignorant. If it came out that way I apologize, fo the misunderstanding. I should have been more specific.

Thanks all,

Truly,
MSD

Fri 06/29/07 09:30 PM
Wasn't it though.laughlaugh laugh laugh

Truly,
MSD

Fri 06/29/07 09:22 PM
that I am unamerican, because I do not wish to stay in the U.S. when I graduate from college. I want to go overseas, with the languages I am learning, and help them. I want my talents to be put to use where they will be appreciated regardless of my race and country. I know that if I stayed here I would not have an impact because in this country, my country, our countrty we take things and don't give back, we don't appreciate the things that are given because most don't know what whent into getting them, we are at the top of the totempole in this world right now, and many act like we're some third world country starving to death and dieing in the streets. I am not saying that we don't have problems of our own. We have corruption and crime taking place everywhere, people hyped on drugs dying in gutters, people shooting others, etc. The help we get we don't except, we think it's our right.

WE ARE IGNORANT, and ignorance is not bliss in my book.

I understand if I get slammed, but I know that I am an American; regardless of where I go, or what I do. But I would rather be anywhere over there helping, then here.

Truly,
MSD

Fri 06/29/07 08:53 PM
I don't like guys to come up and think that I'm a peice of meat. I have eyes, believe it or not I have a whole face.noway I think that guys share those same feelings. One of the quickest ways to turn my head the other direction is to act like a pig. I like conversation. When I was younger the flattery was good, but now I'm not so vain. I just want a guy to know how to speak without having to practice it infront of the mirior.

Truly,
MSD

Fri 06/29/07 08:45 PM
ChubbyCherub,

Good luck in your search for answers. You may find that the more you learn the more you want to know, and the more you know, the more there is to be picked at by others. Some will challenge you to broden your horizon(AB), some will do their best to explain it without bias and yet keeping to their beliefs,( TLW), some who are on the path of their own will offer good conversation and possible answers(me) in hopes of getting to the end of the journey, and then the ohhh so lovely forceful, press the issue, their religion is the only way to be saved from the fires of hell will show up.
I hope this path you walk helps you find what your looking for.

Truly,
MSD

P.s. I think the saving thing was put to give you a heads up. Some people can get visious and this is definanetly a conversation starter. Don't be surprised at what you get in this thread. The first couple will answer you, the next will answer others, and so on and so forth and eventually everyone will forget the question that was asked.

Fri 06/29/07 08:31 PM
Most of the time I just start up a conversation, randomly. Then it's not like I'm hitting on them it's just like hey what's up? A lot of the guys I've met like a genuine girl, someone who can just pick up a good conversation instead of all the corny pick up lines and "accidently" running into you, etc. The ones I know get put off when a girls up in their face like, hey your hot wanna be my buddy:wink:.

I do however think that it shouldn't always be up to the guy to make the first move. Like you said, it is the 21st century.

Truly,
MSD

Fri 06/29/07 08:24 PM
Families getting together at a goodfriends house, water gun fight, BBQ, the whol 9 yards. Hope everybody enjoys there 4th as much as I will.

Welcome gigijane. Hope you have fun. flowerforyou

Truly,
MSD

Fri 06/29/07 08:19 PM
I don't really have that answer, and I'm not sure that anyone does. When I had that question, I was handed the book Memnoch the Devil by Anne Rice. It didn't exactly answer that question, but it challenged the way I was used to thinking about religion. Very good read. It gives a totaly different perspective. Hope I helped.

Truly,
MSD

Fri 06/29/07 09:21 AM
I liked it, to me it's sorrta has that love everybody regardless of whatever even the people you can't always tolerate. Thanks for the good read.

Truly,
MSD

Fri 06/29/07 09:13 AM
funny and charming

Thu 06/28/07 10:03 PM
Nicely put DifferentKindOfWench.

Night all,

Truly,

yawn MSD

Thu 06/28/07 09:35 PM
Goodnight Spider. Sweet Dreams.

Truly,
MSDflowerforyou

Thu 06/28/07 09:34 PM
Miles

I believe that anyone who believes in anything is lucky and to waste my time mixing words with people the way I was, was quite wrong of me. I hope you have a lovely early early morning flowerforyou

Truly,
MSD

Thu 06/28/07 09:26 PM
Spider
All I have to say as of now, is that I hope you understand regardless of what you say I do not believe that you can save me. As far as I am concerned I do not need saving. I have chosen no religion since I was 8, I have read no bible since I was 8, and I have no longing for Jesus because my God lives with in and around me now. The hole in my heart is not for a god it is the space I offer to those who want a different understanding. As far as I am concerned I saved myself when I got away from people who preached Jesus as the absolution. My soul is saved by the god that is in my heart and the path I wander now I offer to those looking for an undertanding that reaches beyond the mind set of you and others like you.

Truly,
MSD

Thu 06/28/07 09:10 PM
DifferentKindOfWench

"I still have to keep Jesus and God separate tough. Rather than being one and the same, I interpret this as the light of pure spirit and total life of the word/God emanating through Jesus as he has attained that pureness of spirit by living/breathing the true word."

A challenge to the way I think, yet an interpertation I finally understood, and one of the first non insulting posts I've read in the last half hour. Thank you. I now can begin to undertand the point of view of someone I have recently exchanged words with.

Truly,
MSD

Previous 1 3 4