Community > Posts By > kentexas55

no photo
Sun 12/25/16 08:55 PM
Krissy, when my youngest son was in daycare a pair of my clean, laundered granny panties was stuck to his nap time blanket and was found by the teacher. Your story tops mine, though.

no photo
Sat 12/24/16 08:42 PM
I don't know the name but it's playing in my head now. I watched this every year when I was a child. But as a parent I did not want my kids to watch it. The bullying of Charlie Brown was awful, and this was years before it came to the forefront of public scrutiny.

no photo
Thu 12/15/16 09:13 PM
Years ago I had been asleep and dreamt of evil presence so when I woke in the middle of night, I still felt it strongly in the room. I kept my eyes closed, I did not want to see something staring back, and prayed. I prayed to God thanking Him for my blessings (I always start prayers giving thanks) and I prayed that the blood of Christ covered my household, my children, husband. I went on in the same vein since evil runs in the name of Christ. I got up and went into the rooms and prayed over my children while they slept for protection, and just all over the house praying. I stayed up and read some scripture until I felt sleepy and did not feel the presence any more. I agree, do not show fear. Be bold in prayer and mean it.

no photo
Thu 12/15/16 09:02 PM
For me a gastric sleeve helped so much. It controls my intake to a few ounces at a time, although it can be cheated on and weight can come back.

no photo
Thu 12/15/16 08:42 PM
Edited by kentexas55 on Thu 12/15/16 08:56 PM
Wow, you got that right Dixon. Our cuddle time was very intimate for us. It did not matter if it became sexual, we felt more connected holding each other. We would talk about our day, laugh a lot, and just reaffirm our love and count our blessings for having found each other (on a different dating website)...and what a perfect match we were with all our quirks and weirdness that we understood about each other. We were so happy and contented.

no photo
Tue 12/13/16 10:03 PM
It's so important to be able to defend yourself. I took a RAD class a few years ago (Rape Aggression Defense) at our local police station. It was great! It's based on muscle memory so it can be ingrained in case you need it and have to react in an instant. It was free, open to anyone within and outside of the city limit, and it took four weeks to complete. One class a week for a month, with a final testing of an officer all padded up and we get to kick/punch/etc as hard as possible to get away. The big plus with a handgun is you can take care of the threat from a distance, hopefully. So many variables can happen in an instant. And the RAD class is open to gals as young as 13 years old. It's nationwide and I urge any lady reading this to locate a class and take it.

no photo
Tue 12/13/16 09:32 PM
Edited by kentexas55 on Tue 12/13/16 09:38 PM
to Catinidaho: Learning to run a gun as a tool is very empowering. I was not happy just going to an indoor range and shooting, I wanted to learn to really use my handgun. I found a former Marine who is a range instructor and got individual training sessions. I learned how to use my handgun properly, how to draw, aim properly, clear a jam, and other things. I had no interest in guns when I was married to my first husband (28 years). when I realized I was responsible for my own safety, and I met my second husband and he introduced me to the indoor range and a small caliber handgun, my interest grew.

After my dear second husband died a few months ago, I gained access to his gun safe. I went back to former Marine for a handgun refresher and to learn how to shoot my hubby's AR15 and shotgun.

There are plenty of places who have women-only classes, if that is what makes some ladies more comfortable, and it's just fun. I hope this helps answer your question.

no photo
Tue 12/13/16 07:04 PM
Edited by kentexas55 on Tue 12/13/16 07:06 PM
"Mary Did You Know" I think by Mercy Me. Actually quite a few have recorded it. I like Clay Akins version. the first time I heard it my oldest son was a baby, I think...my memory is not great. But I will never forget how it made me feel, holding my son and thinking how Mary held her son Jesus...it's just a very powerful song to me. I don't listen to Christmas songs until a few days before the day. It's so over-exposed.

no photo
Tue 12/13/16 06:50 PM
It's a Wonderful Life. Gone With The Wind...the book is much better, however. The Cowboys with John Wayne. Jaws. The Right Stuff.