Community > Posts By > TorqueTraction

TorqueTraction's photo
Sun 12/18/16 05:58 AM
WELL THAT ONE FLEW OVER THE CUCKOO NEST.......

yep. good luck OP. lmaooo

TorqueTraction's photo
Sun 12/18/16 05:40 AM
Actually, since Windows 10 wont work on all machines, you need to check with microsoft and find out if you CAN run windows 10 on your machine, before you look in to how.

the tool automatically verifies this. I was able to run windows 10 on a machine built in 2009 without UEFI BIOS.

I think one of the biggest concerns with those 10 that hasn't been said is the golden keys. If you do not know what I'm referring to Google it, that alone should make anyone want to switch and learn something. if you do install Ubuntu just make sure to keep a recent known working slipstream backup because as a root user that's learning it's very easy to quote break something.

TorqueTraction's photo
Sun 12/18/16 05:30 AM
checking in. Job relocated me from Atl->Houston TX->Bham->mobile. Still don't know any locals really. Beach people are mostly on vaca.

TorqueTraction's photo
Sun 12/18/16 05:26 AM
PHP, Sass, Python, Java, C++ there are just to many to only pick on good one

c+ sucks just as bad as .net

Don't forget about ruby.

TorqueTraction's photo
Sun 12/18/16 05:23 AM
I need help downloading Windows 10

As a platform engineer I support both Microsoft and open source OS. Linux kernels have a steep learning curve, ubuntu being the most user friendly.

if you do not know how to upgrade I suggest you stick what you know, Microsoft. Use Clonezilla to create a bare metal backup of your machine prior to any upgrades so you can always go back to Windows 7.

Here is a link to the Windows update KB that executed the Windows 10 upgrades over the summer. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10/