Community > Posts By > itsapaul

itsapaul's photo
Thu 01/19/17 08:59 AM
Python for me, JQuery and PHP for web stuff on occasion

itsapaul's photo
Thu 01/19/17 08:35 AM
Certainly not impossible, I've had two relationships in the last couple of years thanks to dating sites. One ended mutually and we're still good friends, the other, not quite so mutual, when I received an email on Christmas eve !!!
I perhaps naively assume that the profiles are true and experience has thus far borne this out, the problem is that people only write the good things about themselves, nobody lists practicing alcoholic in their hobbies for example.
I don't personally see the point in being untruthful, it's usually obvious the first time you meet somebody. First thing I look at, the photograph (ok I admit to being just a bit shallow), the second thing the profile, the description of the person and not just a list of hobbies. A profile that just says 'Hi' and I generally move on, a description that strikes a note and I'll probably ignore the photo.

Next step, update my photo and re-write my profile I guess :-)

It is a little like a supermarket though and for me being a little reserved and finding it difficult to approach somebody that's not a bad thing, certainly as a painfully shy younger man it's a lot easier nowadays.