Community > Posts By > onesimplelady

onesimplelady's photo
Mon 10/01/07 05:48 PM
Nate, I love the Grandbury area. My son lives in Glen Rose and I was there just a couple of weeks ago and spent a few days there in July. We went to Fossil Rim and Loco Coyote. Great part of Texas.

onesimplelady's photo
Mon 10/01/07 06:01 AM
In Texas,like the rest of the south, it is called a drawl. I was born here and have never lived anywhere else so I sound normal to me.

I do work with people from all over the US and ocassionally Canadians and can usually tell where they come from by listening to them. I have surprised a few by naming their home state. Sometimes, I do have to ask them to speak slowly. I not only speak Texan, but I listen with Texas ears. The clipped, quick words seem to all jumble up in my brain.

We say "y'all"( check the placement of the apostrophe it goes where the missing letters are), and "yep" and "uh huh" and "kinda" and "over yonder". Most everybody is addressed as "Honey". Up the road a bit can be 300 miles. Texas is big. We measure distance in hours not miles. That 300 miles would be a 6 hour trip.

Y'all have a good day and enjoy the diversity of language in America.

onesimplelady's photo
Fri 09/28/07 05:14 PM
It works but where are the people?

onesimplelady's photo
Fri 09/28/07 05:13 PM
I can't believe that as big as Texas is, there are no more people on here posting.

onesimplelady's photo
Sun 09/23/07 07:50 AM
I've not had a problem at all with rude young men on here. Much to the contrary, there seem to be more gentlemen on here than other sites I have been on.

onesimplelady's photo
Sun 09/23/07 07:41 AM
Texas women and Texas men....well, we are sort of a different breed. Geography may change but once Texas is in your heart is stays. You take it with you where ever you go.

onesimplelady's photo
Sun 09/02/07 05:39 PM
Y'all know there is a lot of Texas. How many people on here are west of DFW? I am in Odessa.

onesimplelady's photo
Sun 08/26/07 05:30 PM
Tofu Scramble

2 TBS chopped onion
2 TBS chopped green pepper
small amount olive oil
1/4 cup firm tofu
salt and pepper to taste

Place onion and pepper in skillet with olive oil and cook over medium heat until tender. Add the tofu and scramble it until warmed through.

Tastes like scrambled eggs.

onesimplelady's photo
Sun 08/26/07 05:27 PM
Excellent chili:

4 cups cooked pinto beans
1 package Carol Shelby Chili mix
1 can tomato sauce
2 tbs dried onion flakes
2 cups Morning Star substitute meat crumbles

After beans are cooked and done, add the chili mix, tomato sauce, onion flakes and meat crumbles. Simmer for 30 min to an hour. Add the masa from the chili mix and cook for a few more minutes.

I cook my beans overnight in the crockpot. If you add the tomato and onion before the beans are done, they might develop a tough skin. Sugar in the veggies causes this.