Community > Posts By > OpenVista

no photo
Fri 02/17/17 02:03 PM
Being in love is exciting. It's that first few weeks/months in a relationship. Everything is new, vivid!

Loving someone includes being in love but it grows beyond that. Loving someone means learning to live with the person and appreciating them even when there is no excitement involved. Finding a person who just fits. Like an old item of clothing, it's not exciting to put it on, but you wouldn't know yourself if you didn't have it when you wanted it.

People in love with being in love only see the first part. When things get "boring", they aren't willing to make the transition. So they go from one "start" to another, never letting anything grow beyond that initial blind phase.

Different strokes for different folks.

no photo
Fri 02/17/17 11:59 AM

OpenVista,
Thanx for the kind reply but I assure you I am not completely engrossed in this. It is a curiosity, yes, but it is just that...Something to think about.

I really like science fiction. Not that stuff you see on the Syfy Channel, the good, thought-provoking stuff that gets really deep into the science.

I'm not really asking specific things. Merely presenting my views for others to ponder. I like to try to keep my views close to known and theorized science if possible. I believe science is a truth where religion is a suggestion to elicit a behavior.

When I died, what I experienced did not fit what others claimed. I saw it as a scientific process not a religious experience. Had I stayed dead, I know that my brain would have eventually shut down and I would have sensed nothing ever again. As it so happened, my brain did not completely shut down before I was revived. There were still chemicals firing synapse in there.

Its fairly easy to force an Out-Of_body experience and a simple matter to recall before I was born (in the womb). Dying is also a process that has body function. That is, until you are completely dead.

Having a scifi mind. Part of my energy discussion is to imagine how mankind might exploit energy in the future. "Ride the lightning" so to say. Perhaps one day we may actually be able to ride the lightning as a means of travel.

Imagine being able to tap into the baseline energy of the entire Universe and move to any desired location at the sheer thought of it? Like quantum entanglement but in real time, location to location instantly.

Imagine an entity that is energy based instead of carbon based. Billions of years old and immortal and able to travel instantly to any place in existence. Existing in the matrix of energy they might even be able to enter the realm of dreams, desires and nightmare because those also have energy in them.

Energy is complex, yet simple. It can be looked at purely scientifically or with philosophy. This topic attempts to explore both.

Cool.

Like you, I like to play in these waters. Thanks for the space to offer a perspective on something I also have thought a lot about.

You certainly do have an active mind.

no photo
Fri 02/17/17 11:11 AM
Personally, I like hot chocolate (the DRINK! Get your mind out of the gutter!!).

happy

no photo
Fri 02/17/17 10:55 AM
Tom,

I like the way you think, but I confess, there is no way another person could possibly dive into your comments and tease out what you are asking (not to mention answer it!) without spending more time than we selfish beings like to offer to each other.

That said...

Buddhists talk about this all the time. There is no doubt. Science and deep meditative spirituality (like MANY MANY hours of meditation by a LOT of people through thousands of years of history) are in complete agreement. We ARE energy. Everything you see around you IS energy. Physical form is a nice convenient way to interact with each other and with our world, but once you wrap your head around the concept of energy (as you have now done), you realize we are in fact ALL just manifestations of the same source, interacting briefly and then morphing into another form for whatever that form brings.

Energy is another avenue into the simple reality of life: Life Is Change. Nothing is constant. Absolute zero would be constant. As such, it cannot "exist". It is the definition of a lack of existence.

Don't try to hang on. It just hurts, because change happens whether we fight it or not. Go with it. Resonate with the energy and see where it takes you.

Easier said than done.

I've always been a fan of what some claim are the last words of the Buddha. Note that more "learned" sources say these words are inaccurate, as his actual words were recorded and are not these, but so be it. If these weren't his last words, then to my mind, they should have been:

Do Your Best

no photo
Fri 02/17/17 10:40 AM
Warning: I have unusual taste in film. I've been told that now many times!

That said, my favorite love story is Sex and Lucia by Julio Medem. Two more warnings: in Spanish with subtitles and it's a tragedy (though with a moderately optimistic ending).

no photo
Fri 02/17/17 10:35 AM
Happiness is everywhere, just as is its opposite.

How we see the world is not what we see (or don't).

There's nothing like being deeply sad sometimes. That makes me happy.

Weird, huh?

We live in a mysterious world.

no photo
Fri 02/17/17 10:19 AM
Edited by OpenVista on Fri 02/17/17 10:21 AM
There is a crack in everything.
That's how the light gets in.
--Leonard Cohen, Anthem

The light is out here. Keep your eyes open.

Good luck.

no photo
Fri 02/17/17 10:10 AM
A girlfriend/boyfriend/wife/husband is not something you "have", although the language makes it sound like that.

It is a girl who is your friend -- such a good friend that you like spending more time with her than with most of your other friends.

Now as to making friends, that is a mysterious process to me, I admit. I find that my friendships have appeared in seemingly random places, and never have I controlled the "making a friend" process. It just happens, or way more often, it doesn't.

None of this is terribly helpful, and I apologize for that. The best you can do is be social. Put yourself among people doing things you enjoy. The more people you meet and talk to and enjoy yourself with, the better your odds.

Best of luck to you.

no photo
Wed 02/01/17 01:21 PM
I was born in a place and a space that I am no longer.

no photo
Wed 02/01/17 07:59 AM
Lefty,

I was once in a conversation with a friend about a relationship that I was obsessed over at the time, and I vented for 20 minutes about what she did, what I did, what I should have done, etc...

At the end of my rant, my friend said just one word: "Drama."

Your story is too dramatic. I don't mean that as a crack at you. I genuinely sympathize. But I guarantee you if there is this much drama, it's not love. Love is simpler than drama, and it's not obsessive. Drama is actually a sign that the relationship is NOT the right one, counterintuitive as that may seem. It's a sign to put your energy into other areas. Let this go! This is what drama is telling you. Even if she comes back to you, which you now see as your goal, don't do it! Let this go. It's your happier path forward, guaranteed.

I hope you come to sense the difference between these two modes. Your life will improve immeasurably when you do.

Best of luck to you.

no photo
Wed 02/01/17 07:29 AM
Romance is the prelude to love.

Romance is that time during which you still don't know enough about the one you're interested in, so you can fill in all the details about them yourself without regard to reality.

Over time, reality will manifest, and either romance will transition to love or it will burn out.

I heard once that there is a biochemical response which actually "creates" the feeling of romance. It lasts about 6 months, if I recall correctly. After that, you "return to your senses".

Enjoy the ride.

no photo
Wed 02/01/17 07:16 AM
Enjoying the view out my window.