Community > Posts By > Dusk86

Dusk86's photo
Wed 03/01/17 01:19 PM
Im gonna speak from a little personal experience....

I am not a jealous guy. I do not play games and have been 100% honest in every relationship I've had. That being said I have dated 1 stripper and 2 "cam models". I dated the stripper for about 2 months and to be honest I didn't really care that stripping was her job. That may have been for a few reasons though. 1. I wasn't in love with her. She was a pretty great person but I know I was not in love. 2. I did not meet her at a strip club. I was at a Halloween party at a bar. Im a very shy guy but she actually had her friends come over to me and ask if I thought she was attractive and if I'd be willing to talk to her. I was flattered and we had a great night. 3. The club she worked at was strictly "hands off" and was only topless. I have 0 issue with strippers...my view was always "well if the guys aren't actually touching them and it isn't prostitution then I really don't see how its any different from anyone else making a living with their body (i.e. models, athletes, etc".

Now this might sound weird but where the jealousy really hit me was when I dated the cam models. Even though the men can NEVER touch them and usually will never even find out their real name/age/location...it becomes insanely hard to keep a clear head. The women is getting THOUSANDS of messages a day and acquires "fans" (usually older guys) that have vast amounts of money to send the woman hes into. I am not wealthy so I became pretty paranoid about the whole situation. The first camgirl I dated (I was about 24) was truly the love of my life. The 3 years I was with her were the best I ever had and despite being a very popular model, she made EVERY guy know she was taken and would not talk to them outside her chat room. I eventually proposed to her and she quit that job immediately despite making more in a month then I could in a year. Things were great for a while....but lets just say things ended badly and not because of her profession.

The second camgirl I dated (ugh...I never learn) brought up the same paranoia and jealousy, again though the relationship did not end due to her job. I ignored some of my hardline redflags and it just proved why I had them in the first place (To much of an age gap, she was very demanding and selfish, also had a child).

Anyway, to your original question... can you fall in love with a stripper? Absolutely. Though I think you will always have massive trust issues if you started your relationship by meeting her at her job and will inevitably lead to a bad end. If you trust her and shes open and honest about everything with you, well then its possible. If you are even remotely jealous it will most likely fail though.

Hope that helps! Feel free to ask me anything else if you wanna know something.

Dusk86's photo
Wed 03/01/17 12:28 PM
Hello!

By the dates of last posts it seems like this forum is...err a little dead, but I figured Id try anyway.

Im just getting back into online dating and so far things have been...slow to say the least!

Just putting myself on here and hoping to meet some new people. If there's anything you would like to know about me, please don't hesitate to ask! :)

Dusk86's photo
Wed 03/01/17 12:22 PM
Hello!

Not exactly new to online dating but it has been a while since I put myself online again.

In the past I usually made my profile pretty detailed but found that rarely does anyone actually read it. I then switched to a "basics" format but that hasn't worked any better.

While I appreciate any and all input I really would like to hear what females have to say. Mainly, what do you prefer a guy have in his profile? Also, I would't mind some brutal honesty about my appearance. Am I simply not attractive? I am in no way fishing for compliments, but at least I can adjust my thinking if I have the wrong idea about why I so rarely get views (is it looks? what I say? some combo?).

Thank you for any advice!

Dusk86's photo
Wed 03/01/17 12:09 PM
Hey everyone, just wanted to introduce myself and see how active this community is.

I have tried a few other dating sites recently and have been SEVERELY disappointed. I hope I have some better luck here.

Just curious though, have any of you encountered what I have on some of these...other sites? Two I had used in the past (quite a few years ago) seem to have some weird stuff going on and I really hope here isn't the same.
When I used these sites years ago, Id get about 15-20 views a week and maybe 5-10 messages a week (I know that's not huge but I was happy about it) Now on both those other sites it seems like if I get 1 view a month I am lucky, and never mind a message! I really do not think my looks have changed and my personality hasn't so it seems like my profile is not being shown (both those sites now push for *upgraded* membership HARD).

Anyway, sorry for the little rant. Any advice or input would be greatly appreciated! Also, open to just making new friends to talk to :-)