Community > Posts By > waltonxx

waltonxx's photo
Mon 03/20/17 03:55 PM
Many people who have only been in a relationship for a year or two feel that the fireworks and romance they start off with will last forever.

But for those who have been through.longterm relationships and have experienced the FULL gamut of love from the butterfly feelings , to the mild annoyance with each other to feeling like room mates, enemies or even strangers......

How do you define committed romantic love ,and the broad spectrum of pleasant and unpleasant experiences that it encompasses?

I would hate to think love is merely a feeling as many people believe it to be because our feelings as humans are super fickle.

I would also hate to think of love as the joyless commitment to uplift your partner as it seems to become for many couples in the longterm.

So is love a feeling? A daily choice? Ongoing acts of service ? A joyful labour ? All of the above?

And since love is not always a happy go lucky feeliing , how do you guage if the love can still be salvaged or if it has in fact ended?

Love is an action. I don't mean to be religious but read 1 Corinthians 13... That my definition of love