Community > Posts By > 3StarsAndASun

3StarsAndASun's photo
Wed 04/17/19 01:41 PM
We all have our hopes and desires for ourselves and other people. I'm just wondering what you guys are fervently praying for at this very moment aside from having a God-fearing partner. I believe in the power of prayer and the wonders it can do to all of us.

Take care and God bless! :)

3StarsAndASun's photo
Wed 10/10/18 08:46 AM
Edited by 3StarsAndASun on Wed 10/10/18 08:46 AM
What you said was definitely spot on sir PoetryWriter ^_^

Thanks for your well wishes too. :) Take care and God bless you!

3StarsAndASun's photo
Mon 10/08/18 07:12 PM
Good morning from the Philippines Nofearinlove! ^_^ Thanks a lot beloved sister! :) God bless you always.

3StarsAndASun's photo
Mon 10/08/18 07:09 PM
Hello mzrosie ^_^ Thanks for the well wishes beloved sister! <3 Happy "Choose"day! Choose to be happy! :)

3StarsAndASun's photo
Mon 10/08/18 08:52 AM
What you said was pretty accurate sir. That's why face to face interaction is still the best because you get to see the reaction/demeanor of the other person. Needless to say, it also shows their true physical appearance without the help of filters or photoshop or what have yous.

3StarsAndASun's photo
Sun 10/07/18 07:58 PM
Edited by 3StarsAndASun on Sun 10/07/18 08:16 PM
When I was still in law school, I tried OKCupid because one of my brothers had a positive review of the said dating site. I've used it as a diversion from stress and also as a platform to meet people from all walks of life. Needless to say, I put myself out there without any hopes of finding "the one". As an NBSB, being single since time immemorial has never been an issue for me. It's not that I'm so full of myself or anything like that, I just feel like when someone is really interested in you, he would definitely find a way to make you feel that he's sincere with his intentions. He's that someone who's NOT into talking to different women all at the same time. Long story short, I have to say that my experience was generally pleasant, but of course there were not so good ones too.

Back in 2013, an American gent from California sent me a message that stood out from the rest. His message was very sincere and I didn't think twice of replying back. In other words, we hit it off fast because I'd like to believe that we're attracted to each other's morals and principles in life. The exchange of messages via email and Fb messenger plus Skype calls were countless that I've failed to realize that I was already falling for him. Yes, I was caught off guard by his kindness and sincerity...something that I haven't felt from other men who tried to pursue me. For the first time ever, I've never felt like a potato... that I was indeed some crispy fries instead laugh He told me about his plans of coming here in the Philippines, and I also told him that if it didn't happen because of one reason or another...that I could possibly be the one to fly out there in the U.S. after my bar exam since I also have a lawyer cousin who's living in California.

Anyway, the sad part was this... He never made it here and he got married back in 2016. He also mentioned that he consulted his family about his plans of settling down here, or to put it bluntly, they feared that there's no water and electricity in our city lol. They feared that he wouldn't be able to survive in this country. To be honest, I got sad because I felt like I was prejudged before they even know me and my background. I was like...do I have to tell them I'm like this and that? Do they really think that all women, esp. Filipinas are the same? Heck, I don't have a "white fever" nor do I feel that love should be based on color. I couldn't care less whether you're black, brown, white or yellow---it makes no difference to me. I don't even consider Caucasians as milking cows or human atms. It just makes me really sad when other people make a sweeping generalization that all Pinays are the same. :( I can vividly remember crying one night in November 2014 because that's the time when he said that he could no longer talk to me as much as he wanted to because he was already seeing someone else... that he felt kind of guilty talking to me and the other woman, who's now his wife. As a Christian, I honestly thought that he's "the one" because we're so alike in so many ways and I even prayed to God about this man...

Life is indeed mysterious as it is with Love. We may have a laundry list of qualities that we desire in a lifetime partner, but all of these things wouldn't matter anymore if we've been bitten by the love bug.

Moral of the story: There's more to this life than the romantic kind of love --- for we are loved by our family and friends, and of course by the Great Almighty. Fret not if you're still single. After all, it's best to wait for someone than to end up with the wrong one. ^_^

And as Alfred Lord Tennyson puts it: "It's better to have loved and lost, than never to have loved at all".

Have a good one beautiful people! Take care and God bless. <3

3StarsAndASun's photo
Mon 09/11/17 08:02 AM
Hello Mooooosky. Thank you for your well wishes sir. Take care and God bless you! :)

3StarsAndASun's photo
Sun 09/10/17 07:16 AM
Hello Shaun! Greetings from the Philippines. :)

First off, thank you for the kind words. I'm really, really, really humbled. Maraming salamat. Second, I hope none of your friends and family members were affected by hurricanes Harvey and Irma. Please know that we're thinking about you guys and we're hoping and praying for everyone's safety. (Sending our virtual hugs to you guys)

Your message was really inspiring and I hope the same for you sir. You deserve to have the love that will last this lifetime and I'm so sure that when you finally meet her, you two will be such a cute and powerful couple! Keep the faith!

Take care and God bless you always Shaun! :)

3StarsAndASun's photo
Sun 09/10/17 07:06 AM
Hello Qaiserb! Good evening from Manila.

No worries at all. I'm also open to meeting other people for friendship and fellowship.

Take care and God bless you! :)

3StarsAndASun's photo
Sun 09/10/17 07:04 AM
Hello Mr. Poetry writer. :) Thank you for the kind words sir. I have thought of putting full body photos, but my previous experience from other dating sites was enough for me to be scared and feel really uncomfortable.
:(

Thanks again for sharing your thoughts. Take care and God bless you! :)

3StarsAndASun's photo
Sun 09/10/17 06:57 AM
Thank you for sharing your thoughts sir. :) The reason why I didn't put any full body photo was because I had a lot of scary online dating stories to the point that it made me feel really uncomfortable. I was objectified and I've even received indecent offers even if it's clear in my profile that I was not looking for a hook-up or casual encounter. My photos were not even salacious/lecherous in nature. :(

Again, thanks for taking the time to read my profile. I appreciate that a lot. Take care and may God bless the work of your hands. :)

3StarsAndASun's photo
Sun 09/10/17 06:44 AM
Thanks a lot for the kind words sir. I'm deeply humbled.

Take care and may God bless you more! :)

3StarsAndASun's photo
Sat 09/09/17 11:33 AM
Hi there! I hope this finds you well. :) Is there anyone who's willing to share his/her take on my profile? Everything that I've written there really speaks a lot about who I am and what/who I'm looking for.

Thank you in advance to those who would take the time to read it. Take care and God bless you! :)

- Beth -

3StarsAndASun's photo
Thu 07/27/17 07:29 AM
Edited by 3StarsAndASun on Thu 07/27/17 07:31 AM
Hello. Greetings from Manila. waving I hope this finds you well. I just wanna know your thoughts about someone who's never been in a relationship in his/her entire life. (No boyfriend since birth/No girlfriend since birth)

1. Does that make him/her more or less desirable?
2. Are you willing to get to know him/her deeper considering that he/she never had an experience being in a relationship?
3. What if he/she is a V-card holder and doesn't have plans of giving it before marriage, would that make you feel proud or frustrated as his/her gf/bf?

Thanks in advance to those who would take time to respond. I appreciate your kind gesture. Take care and God bless! :angel:

3StarsAndASun's photo
Fri 04/07/17 09:31 AM
Edited by 3StarsAndASun on Fri 04/07/17 09:48 AM
I don't know why I got teary-eyed when I read about this topic. Maybe because I thought I already found "the one" a few years ago. For an NBSB like me, being single has never been an issue, but there came a time when someone walked into my quiet but happy world and changed it. We both didn't expect to fall for each other, but we did. Unfortunately, he's from the other side of the world and we didn't meet in person. Just pure calls, emails and videos almost everyday. I was at my happiest whenever I got the chance to talk to him. Long story short, I loved him but he only liked me. A few months later he said that he's already seeing someone. Now, they're happily married. I still wish him well though. I know I will meet that special someone in God's perfect time...

3StarsAndASun's photo
Thu 04/06/17 10:15 AM

A pretzel. True to the cliché.
We Germans are so fond of those, we use the word even as a verb :)

Every once in awhile I will come across fresh Pretzel buns.
Sloppy Joes on a pretzel bun is awesome!

There was a small hot dog stand here called Sloppy Dogs

that featured a "German Dog on a pretzel bun.

Note: Sloppy Dogs went out of business so that is just a pic of a hotdog in a pretzel bun not a Sloppy Dogs German Dog.

I have had Alligator Sausage on a pretzel bun with Hot mustard and sauerkraut...Worthy!

Wow, looks yummy! haha:smile:

3StarsAndASun's photo
Thu 04/06/17 10:12 AM
Cracker crumbs? I'm not sure about the steam either. This sounds new to me. It's really interesting to know that there's so much to learn from every country/culture. Btw, do you mix the cracker crumbs with something else or just eat them directly? :)

3StarsAndASun's photo
Thu 04/06/17 10:04 AM
lol I thought bourbon was some kind of steak :smile: I don't drink, so pardon my ignorance. You should still get something to eat sir. You might get ulcer in the long run.

3StarsAndASun's photo
Thu 04/06/17 10:01 AM
Aren't you gonna get tipsy with that though? :smile: The sour cream and onion potato chips is a winner! I'm trying to eat healthy though that's why I try to avoid, if not limit stuff with empty calories.

3StarsAndASun's photo
Thu 04/06/17 09:53 AM
Wow, that's yummy! Is it the traditional pretzel? There's a famous pretzel joint here in the Philippines and they serve really delicious pretzels like those made of almonds and cream cheese, nutella and a lot more. They also come with dips like cheese, garlic mayo, chocolate etc. :thumbsup: Speaking of German cuisine, I don't think I've ever tasted one. Gotta check that out soon!

Previous 1