Community > Posts By > Casemu

Casemu's photo
Sun 11/18/07 03:49 AM
People wouldn't be so quick to ask to delete threads when they're aimed at only creating issues - not trying to solve them. Before you get in a fuss about someone requesting the deletion of the thread, think about what it is you're saying, rather than just blurting it out, and looking foolish.

Back on topic.
God is Not dead.
Note that I used a big 'G' instead of a little g, assuming you mean the God of the universe - the Creator God, the King of Kings, and the Lord of Lords.
If not, then shucks, keep moving along, I suppose.
God cannot be killed. The only reason death is in the world is because -Man- sinned, and created it, despite every opportunity not to have that happen. Since God is sinless, death could not possibly take effect over him - as he is above everything else.

Please try to keep the thread respectful. =\

Casemu's photo
Thu 11/08/07 05:31 PM
I'm from southeast pennsylvania.
Amish country.
:'(

Casemu's photo
Wed 11/07/07 08:54 PM
Suppose I'll chime in here.

First, I think you need to clarify 'Freedom'. God's word could be considered freedom from this world. I'm going to assume that you mean freedom to do whatever you want. I'll go into that one - then.
The simple fact that God's word exists as a set of morals, beliefs, codes, and laws that we, as Christians, are to follow to attain a closer relationship to him. Just like knowing someone in person to person relationships - You need to get to know their being..What they're all about. You need to understand someone before you can get closer to them. Hence, the need for God's Word. In aspect to freedom - it's simply a contrast. Paul speaks about us being slaves to Sin before Christ entered our lives - but now, as Christians, we were slaves to Righteousness - That righteousness being God himself. Now, I personally hate the idea of using the term Slaves, as it's mentioned only a few chapters later that all under Christ are considered Children of God - A much more fitting title, I think. Freedom gives us the choice to not worry about sin, not understanding the sin we do commit, and doing as we please - Not God's will on earth - and certainly not God's will for our lives. Hence, the need for God's Word - to show us the way.

Many, many times. There were a lot of situations, I remember, where I had an opportunity, facing me right in the eye, and I failed to take it because I was worried about what someone would think of me. I'm pretty sure I'm past that stage in my Christian life, but simple things like not taking advantage of an opportunity that God provides..That's just huge. Another set of times is when I'm faced with sin of my past. Where I blindly followed my own will and developed awful habits off of that - ones that I struggle with to this day. I comfort myself in thoughts that God would forgive me, but the guilt of Sin is huge. Something else I've worked past - And now it's just a matter of beating that temptation down when it surfaces, and focusing my mind on the matters of God, not of myself. Paul mentions something in another one of his epistles, which I can never remember which one - He speaks about capturing thoughts, and dissecting them - on whether or not they're of God, or of Satan, and dealing with them accordingly.

Yes. Often. But I've typed enough, and my hand is beginning to hurt, so I won't divulge.

Casemu's photo
Wed 11/07/07 10:32 AM
Bry395,

In answering your question - Yes. That's what consisted of about the first two years of my Christian life. I knew that he wanted me to do something for him, but It took trials, temptations, and a lot of prayer to finally determine what God had in store for me. It took me travelling to Louisiana and working humanitarian aid after Katrina to figure out that -that- was where God wanted me. Now, I'm heading to Bible College in January, and going to Africa in 2009. So yeah, everyone goes through that.

Casemu's photo
Tue 11/06/07 05:40 PM
just tell the ppl of buve u if u wunt to date thaim or not.

That, good friends, is butcherfied English, a common derivative of internet slang that permeates youth culture today.

Or he's just got a broken hand.
:(

Casemu's photo
Tue 11/06/07 04:29 PM
I hate that.
There's this chinese guy.
And he gives backrubs.
He got me one day.
And I was completely flabbergasted that this guy decides to walk up and say.
"OH YOU WANT MASSAGE? 10 DOLLAR?" and then starts giving me a backrub. Right in the middle of the mall.
Ugh.
I wanted to punch him.
But I was more relaxed.
:D

Casemu's photo
Tue 11/06/07 03:21 PM
I am not even going to try to argue this.
Goodness gracious, I'm so terribly sorry for offending you by generalizing women in the united states. I'm honestly suprised that you can be offended on the internet anymore, though. I was not trying to do so, It just gradually got worse and worse, with every post. :P So I intend to stop it. Just like that.
Bam!
Stopped.

Casemu's photo
Tue 11/06/07 03:07 PM
Maybe we don't have a sense of humor because American women feel the need to play with our heads all the time. :P

Casemu's photo
Tue 11/06/07 03:04 PM
How did I insult again?!
I refuse to be scrutinized any longer. :(

Casemu's photo
Tue 11/06/07 02:58 PM
I've had a lot of D'oh experiences lately. But maybe that's just because I haven't slept much. :(

Casemu's photo
Tue 11/06/07 02:54 PM
lol. I feel silly for saying that most American women are unintelligent. I apologize.
But some of them are awfully mean.
And I've yet to meet a mean canadian woman.
so.
;D

Casemu's photo
Tue 11/06/07 02:45 PM
Wellll.
I've just had bad experiences with women in PA. :(

Casemu's photo
Tue 11/06/07 02:39 PM
I'm not Canadian. But usually, Canadian women are more interesting than American women, as they, 90% of the time, have more intelligence than most women I manage to meet. In America.
So claps for you.
And whatnot.
And Hi.
;x

Casemu's photo
Tue 11/06/07 02:17 PM
Why, Southeast pennsylvania, of course. :P

Casemu's photo
Tue 11/06/07 01:29 PM
I figured I'd just post it. This was made about a year and a half ago, when I was still eighteen years old. Figured some of you might have the time to read it all. :] It is about me, just to let ya'll know.

I'm 18 years old, and I've been a born again Christian for a year.

Okay, I'm going to start from birth. My parents were divorced when I was three years old, after, from, what my sister tells me, was an abusive relationship on both parts, my mother emotionally towards my father, and my father, I suppose, physically, to my brother, I was never touched, and I thank God for that, but I don't remember much of anything other than what my sister told me about it, and that's the most I can go off of. My mom's story is different, of course. He was an alcoholic, and the last time I saw him was about, twelve years ago. I did the whole visiting thing every other weekend, which was going pretty well for quite a few years, until I was seven or eight. My mom met this other guy at that time, and that's about the same time, from what my sister tells me, my mom told the police that my dad kidnapped us, even though he had us for visitation the day it happened. From that moment on, he barely had any contact with us again, infact, I remember my sister being told on the phone by him that he never had any kids. That kind of rocked me, even though I was young, I understood what he meant, and I have to tell you, that's probably the point of my life where depression set in. I felt like, you know, I was in the middle of this great big patch of grass, that went on for miles and miles, and I was the only one there. No one seemed to take interest in me, and my mother was in a depression of her own. She tried to kill herself three times, from what I understand. I was home one night, and I went upstairs, and saw that she was in her room, and there were tons of beer cans everywhere. She didn't look at me, say anything, or do anything like that. She was crying, it was obvious, but I couldn't really do anything, cause I honestly was scared of what might happen.

This was also about the time that her boyfriend showed that he was an alcoholic as well, and he was very violent. He beat my sister more times than I'd like to remember, and, since I was only eight or nine, I couldn't do much in terms of defending my family. I remember many nights of just screaming for him to stop, and that face…the face that he had when he was doing those things, it's just…horrible to even think about. That happened when I was about eight or nine years old, and it went on till when I was thirteen or fourteen, way too long. Now that I think about it, everyone always tells me that I don't take jokes very well, and if I had to put a reason to it, it's probably because of those events from my childhood. Anyways, my mom is still in that relationship, and while the physical abuse has stopped, the emotional hasn't, and they don't really exist as a couple anymore.

Well, About the time that my mom's boyfriend was finally put into rehab for the…first time, I think, out of two, I was entering into eighth grade. I had a normal school experience...a few friends, that, of course, I told absolutely nothing about. I made a lot of jokes during my middle school years, in the middle of class, which was strange, now that I think back on it, and I really don't understand it. But in eighth grade, I started to have some serious issues with one of the kids that seemed to follow me around a bit. He started to really get on my case about things, and picked on me about all these different things, probably anything you can imagine. I lost faith in myself, because I was so used to doing nothing about being stepped on.

My mother, that I can remember, never really showed me that she loved me, she was always too sidetracked by other things that seemed important to her life. My sister had a drug problem, which she dealt with in probably the worst way that you can, and ended in my sister moving out of our house at fifteen, I think. She lived with friends until she was eighteen. Her alcoholic boyfriend seemed more important than her thirteen year old son, which, obviously, bothered me.

Back to school, and I will spare you the three years of endless insults and picking on, from now a few different 'friends' that had seemed to gathered about to speak down on each other. I couldn't get out, because they wouldn't leave me alone, so I couldn't change things myself. Things had been boiling up in me for a while, with the things going on at home, and at school, by eleventh grade, I was blown out. I couldn't stand going to school anymore. Anxiety attacks, making myself sick, and lying about how I was feeling is all that I used to get out of going to school, and I was successful. I'd miss the bus by accident some times, and by the end of the school year, I had skipped out forty days plus. I was skilled at avoiding school, but it wasn't enough. I broke down to my mom one day, which, now that I think about it, seems to have been the only time my mom actually sat down and talked to me about something. We finally resolved to home school.

I was home schooled through my public school for a year, and I passed. My senior year, my sister, who I was living with to do my schoolwork, didn't want to do it anymore, so we found another place, that was pretty cheap, to do things through. By chance, and we didn't think about it at the time, it was a Christian school. Something my mother would come to regret. My work was all bible related, something that was never mentioned in the household I'm in. I slowly, but surely, found myself reading it more and more, and becoming genuinely interested in it. It was something that I could turn to for answers that actually seemed Logical to me, and it made me feel good. I felt as though I could get a little bit of peace in my life, just by reading a little bit of that book. Anyways, In October of 2005, I was working with someone I know at my old job, and she invited me to come to church with her that Sunday. I figured it would be interesting to see, and tagged along. That Sunday morning, the Pastor was talking about how visitors to churches decided whether or not they want to stay at that church seven minutes into the service. I glanced back at the clock, and I had been there for an hour and ten minutes, and I was enthralled by what he was saying, and how everyone was treating each other, and how everyone seemed to genuinely love one another, and accept them for who they are. I accepted God into my heart that day, and I have to tell you, I haven't had the most wonderful time since then. My life was not magically made peaceful, I did not suddenly have thousands of friends, my problems were not all corrected when Jesus came in. I still had my trials, temptations, but the one thing that Jesus did help me conquer, was the very thing that held me back as a person for most of my teenage life. Depression. And I can tell you, it isn't completely gone. But that promise that Jesus gave me when he died on the cross, of an eternity spent with someone who loves you beyond what our own human minds can fathom...that keeps me going.

Psalm 23:4

Even though I walk
through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
they comfort me.

Casemu's photo
Mon 11/05/07 04:05 PM
Huzzah! Hiker, you made my day. :D

Casemu's photo
Mon 11/05/07 03:48 PM
I don't want to die of boredom. :( I'm trying to ressurect myself from it. :]

Casemu's photo
Mon 11/05/07 03:44 PM
My word, I don't think I have a thing to do tonight. :'(

Casemu's photo
Mon 11/05/07 03:28 PM
Squirrels.
;x

Casemu's photo
Mon 11/05/07 02:49 PM
I think most people are just lazy.
But if you're going to go through the effort of making an account on here..Why wouldn't you just take the whole two minutes to upload a picture, and write a few sentences? Some people are just stupid.