Community > Posts By > Casemu

Casemu's photo
Mon 11/05/07 02:45 PM
I'll be pretty blunt with you.
Most -competant- christians don't believe Natural disasters are punishments of God. That's just..Completely untrue. I don't know why people would believe that. We live in a world of sin.
Natural -DISASTERS- are a part of sin.
Period.

Casemu's photo
Mon 11/05/07 08:51 AM
I demanded that I make my own post more nice.

The high priest said to him, "I charge you under oath by the living God: Tell us if you are the Christ,[e] the Son of God."

64"Yes, it is as you say," Jesus replied. "But I say to all of you: In the future you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Mighty One and coming on the clouds of heaven."

65Then the high priest tore his clothes and said, "He has spoken blasphemy! Why do we need any more witnesses? Look, now you have heard the blasphemy. 66What do you think?"
"He is worthy of death," they answered.

67Then they spit in his face and struck him with their fists. Others slapped him 68and said, "Prophesy to us, Christ. Who hit you?"

Casemu's photo
Mon 11/05/07 08:50 AM
Jesus, “I charge you under oath by the living God: Tell us if you are the Christ, the Son of God" (Matthew 26:63). Jesus responded, “Yes, it is as you say, ‘but I say to all of you: In the future you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Mighty One and coming on the clouds of heaven” (Matthew 26:64). The Jewish leaders responded by accusing Jesus of blasphemy (Matthew 26:65-66).

Huzzah.

Casemu's photo
Sun 11/04/07 01:14 PM
And see where things go.
Alright.
I'll start off with the groundwork.
I'm a Christian.
Now..I know lately there's been a lot of talk about different 'Kinds' of Christianity, and that really bothers me - as the only 'kind' of Christianity I know is that from the bible itself.

I'll explain.

I was not born into a Christian family. I had a horrible upbringing, ripe with alchoholism, abuse, divorces, and generally a lot of unrest. I wasn't paid much attention to. I was..One of the Least of these.

Now.
My faith stems from the fact that I have a deep, vibrant relationship with Jesus Christ. I was saved, 'Born again', when I was seventeen. Two years ago. I have questioned my faith, but everytime I've done so - and researched my answer, I've come to only one conclusion - That it must be true. My family has called me disgusting, a disgrace, brainwashed..Every name under the sun, but it hasn't changed my faith in Christ. That..resoluteness. That..ability to hold on, despite incredible odds - I think that is what defines a relationship with Christ. I think -that- is what defines real Christianity. Now, I'm aware that many 'Christians' today are just Christians by name. They want to be a part of a social group, yet they don't really know much about it - they go through the rhythm of things - church, sunday school, home, maybe a prayer meeting here or there - but there isn't anything real to put behind their faith. In James, it says that Faith without good works is pointless, just as good works without faith is pointless. I firmly despite the religiosity of many churches today, who think it's alright to just go through the motions, and not make an effort to truly reach people, explain their faith, and be as early church christians were - examples of Christ. Now. I know the early church had its own share of problems, and the same thing is true today as it was two thousand years ago. I'm saddened that so many people are detered because of simple blind faith. Jesus never rebuked anyone in hate. It was -always- in love. Now...There are people, Like this..Westborough Baptist Church, who feel the need to go around picketing signs that 'God Hates Fags', and 'God Hates America'. Thats not true. Not every christian is like that..Infact, that's..What I think, is a good example of the false prophets mentioned all over the New Testament. There will always be people like that in the world, but it's the job of Christians, true to God, and true to their Faith, to stand up and represent Christ for who he truly was. A loving, Compassionate God who rebuked in love, explained things, and lived a life worthy of God. We will never be perfect..But that's the process of discipleship. :)

I broke off on a rant.
Awfully sorry. :)

Casemu's photo
Sun 11/04/07 05:02 AM
Are we the only ones checking this every two minutes? :P

Casemu's photo
Sun 11/04/07 04:53 AM
I'm dragging two boxes of stuffed animals to church this morning for operation christmas child. Huzzah. :O

1 3 Next