Community > Posts By > Silkbutterfli

Silkbutterfli's photo
Wed 07/02/08 01:57 PM
Love the song, but I really wish his looks matched his voice. He sings so sexy but doesn't look that sexy.

Silkbutterfli's photo
Tue 07/01/08 02:11 PM
That was very beautiful. Very well written.

Silkbutterfli's photo
Sat 06/14/08 12:13 AM
That was great. I really like it

Silkbutterfli's photo
Fri 06/13/08 08:40 PM
Good, bad, or indifferent, I'll keep my memories. Learn from the bad and smile at the good.

Silkbutterfli's photo
Fri 06/13/08 03:24 AM
I would hate for her to read anything I wrote.
I thought that was very touching and it is a shame that people do things like that to their kids.
Keep up the good writing!!!!!!!!

Silkbutterfli's photo
Wed 06/11/08 07:35 PM
ST. LOUIS (June 11) - Anheuser-Busch Cos., the biggest U.S. brewery, received a $46 billion buyout offer Wednesday from a Belgian brewer that might be too good to refuse.

The maker of Budweiser beer disclosed late Wednesday that InBev SA, whose brands include Beck's and Stella Artois, delivered an unsolicited all-cash bid of $65 a share. It's unclear whether senior Anheuser-Busch executives think the deal makes sense, but shareholders may be drawn to the offer that represents a sizable premium over the company's closing price of $58.35 Wednesday.

"Anheuser-Busch said that its board of directors will evaluate the proposal carefully and in the context of all relevant factors, including Anheuser-Busch's long-term strategic plan," the company said in a statement. "The board will pursue the course of action that is in the best interests of Anheuser-Busch's stockholders."

A spokeswoman said the company would not comment beyond the statement.

Speculation has been rife in past weeks that a takeover bid was coming. The beer industry has been consolidating in recent years amid rising ingredient costs and stale demand in the United States.

Shares of the U.S. brewer surged almost 8 percent to $62.84 after hours, when the announcement was made. They had risen 2 percent in regular trading earlier in the day, when rumors of the deal were reported on CNBC.

Opposition to a potential takeover has already been fierce in Anheuser-Busch's hometown of St. Louis, and elsewhere in the U.S. The brewer employs 6,000 people in St. Louis, and many workers are worried InBev will cut jobs as the companies consolidate.

Web sites have sprung up opposing the deal on patriotic grounds, arguing that such an iconic U.S. firm shouldn't be handed over to foreign ownership.

"I am strongly opposed to the sale of Anheuser-Busch, and today's offer to purchase the company is deeply troubling to me," Missouri's Republican Gov. Matt Blunt said in a statement.

InBev was formed in 2004 when Belgium's Interbrew merged with South America's biggest brewer, AmBev. Since then, the company has cut jobs in several European countries even as its sales were boosted by strong demand in Latin American countries.

Anheuser-Busch executives have made cost-cutting a goal over the last two years. Sales in the United States have been stagnant as consumers turn toward wine and cocktails, and the rising costs of ingredients have bitten into profit margins.

Last year, Anheuser-Busch turned a profit of $2.12 billion, up nearly 8 percent from $1.97 billion in 2006. But its core brands of Budweiser and Bud Light continued to lag as sales of craft beers and imports rose.

While the InBev deal looks sweet on paper, it's far from a sure thing. Anheuser-Busch did not release details of how InBev planned to finance the deal, and raising so much capital could be tough as banks tighten their standards during a global credit crunch.

Silkbutterfli's photo
Wed 06/11/08 07:21 PM
I couldn't believe this when I saw it. Its as bad as doing drugs when you are pregnant. Just plain stupid!!!!!!

Silkbutterfli's photo
Wed 06/11/08 07:17 PM
Edited by Silkbutterfli on Wed 06/11/08 07:18 PM
How can a parent be this stupid?

There are few greater causes for celebration than a brand new baby, but one Polish mother started her celebrating a bit early, showing up at the delivery room with a blood alcohol level of 0.12, which would be the equivalent of drinking an entire bottle of wine.

At birth, the baby's blood alcohol level was 0.29, a level she should not even be close to attaining until well into her college years. The drunk mother could face up to five years in prison because of the celebration (or self-medication, whichever the case might be) for child endangerment.

I've known several people who drank before they even knew they were pregnant and the guilt over possibly harming the development of fetus they didn't realize was there was crushing. I can't imagine purposely getting drunk knowing full well that the baby is partaking everything you are.

Doctors say so far the baby appears fine and I hope for the child's sake she suffers no ill effects from her mother's poor judgment.

Silkbutterfli's photo
Wed 06/11/08 07:15 PM
me either sad

Silkbutterfli's photo
Wed 06/11/08 06:56 AM

Am I wrong for wanting to hold you?
for taking taking you and giving you me
for protecting you
for listening to you
for being there
Am I wrong to say I cant put how I feel about you into words?

Wow, that was beautiful.

Silkbutterfli's photo
Tue 06/10/08 11:19 PM

dads....

do u normally let any women be around your children??
and if u did in a casual friendly type setting..
does it mean anything???

Well i'm a new dad so ill sit back and watch:smile:

By the way Shadow, congrats on the new baby. He is a cutie!!!!flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou

Silkbutterfli's photo
Tue 06/10/08 11:12 PM

Very eloquent and beautifully said.

Thank you Silk...:smile: :heart:

...what an adorable baby you have there!!! So sweet ...for the babe flowerforyou

That is my youngest granddaughter. Isn't she beautiful. We finally got another redhead in the family, lol. I thought I was to be the last.

Silkbutterfli's photo
Tue 06/10/08 03:46 PM
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Silkbutterfli's photo
Tue 06/10/08 03:40 PM
Hi Daniel, that was quite beautiful

Silkbutterfli's photo
Tue 06/10/08 03:39 PM
Very eloquent and beautifully said.

Silkbutterfli's photo
Tue 06/10/08 03:37 PM
Very nice. I think I would like to be a panther.

Silkbutterfli's photo
Tue 06/10/08 01:34 PM
happy I am working on it. Moving this weekend to a place that will hopefully be better for me and my daughter. Met someone here that may have potential (we shall see). Time will tell.

Silkbutterfli's photo
Tue 06/10/08 01:25 PM
We don't get hurricanes or tornados, just earthquakes. I am still in Reno and we have been getting hit with them big time.

Silkbutterfli's photo
Tue 06/10/08 01:20 PM
High today will only be 75 but we have 20-30 mph winds. I don't like the winds

Silkbutterfli's photo
Tue 06/10/08 01:13 PM

Wow, Silk. Powerful and beautiful flowerforyou :heart: :heart:

Thank you. At some point and time, you gotta get back in there and try again

2 4 5 6 7 8 9 24 25