Community > Posts By > sunshinedreams

sunshinedreams's photo
Tue 03/16/10 08:49 AM
last dead show- yes, Soldier Field. Don't remember who opened to tell you the truth... I think Bob Dylan was at some that year. Did you go to that show? I remember 2nd set opened with Shakedown, and boy did we boogie!

sunshinedreams's photo
Mon 03/15/10 06:02 PM

I have camped many places but I think Alaska was the best. I have a hybrid trailer where one end folds down into a tent and the other end folds down into a ramp so I can put my Harley inside. I have put thirty thousand miles on the trailer from Big Bend to the Arctic Ocean. I pull the trailer with a four wheel drive v8 jeep so I have a lot of flexibility in weather and road conditions.

I dream of a great Alaskan adventure!!!!!

sunshinedreams's photo
Mon 03/15/10 05:57 PM
I LOVE camping!!! I prefer to hang a small tarp with a bed roll in case it rains- hung in such a way I can still see the stars, but otherwise totally outside : ) Anyone ever heard of the Dolly Sods Wilderness area in WV? I spent close to a week out there by myself last summer, and it was wonderful... I like to backpack, but am still figuring out how to take less and less- seems no matter how hard I try, I still pack too much!
"Glamping" can be fun too! car camp in enough of a wilderness area that you are still out there... but not so far in so that things like cold beer, wine, musical instruments, good food- can be carried in...
I spent a whole summer glamping with my son a couple of years back! Divine summer neither of us will ever forget biggrin

sunshinedreams's photo
Mon 03/15/10 05:47 PM
just have to say that I miss my '71 VW bus! she was a beauty!!!

sunshinedreams's photo
Mon 03/15/10 05:44 PM
forgiveness... perhaps one of the most difficult things to give at times, but it is a necessary medicine of healing~

sunshinedreams's photo
Mon 03/15/10 11:46 AM

I actually preffered Garcia Band shows to Dead shows...if it's actually possible to compare. I saw a GREAT Garcia Band show back in, uh. 90 or 91 in believe at War Memorial in Rochester. I've been hopin' to find that show.....:tongue:

I never saw a JGB band show, unfortunately. Certainly love the recorded music and bootlegs I heard, but missed out on that one :cry:

sunshinedreams's photo
Mon 03/15/10 11:43 AM
I want the poem "Dimensions" by Laura Riding on mine... would type it to show everyone, but I think it's too long for a post~ but it's a wonderful poem if anyone feels like finding it happy

sunshinedreams's photo
Sun 03/14/10 06:37 PM

trying to put a link on here, but it's not making it into a link??? anyway... if you take a moment to get to the link, it is pretty darn funny!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnQw-ZsEaek

Here ya go... :wink:

thanks Angel!

sunshinedreams's photo
Sun 03/14/10 06:36 PM

Oh MY!!! ouch!!! I'd need to hook some wheels to those babies to get around~

sunshinedreams's photo
Sun 03/14/10 06:31 PM
Edited by sunshinedreams on Sun 03/14/10 06:34 PM
trying to put a link on here, but it's not making it into a link??? anyway... if you take a moment to get to the link, it is pretty darn funny!!!

sunshinedreams's photo
Sun 03/14/10 07:36 AM
Oh, how I would love to go!!! Haven't been to Cancun yet~ taking your girls with you?

sunshinedreams's photo
Sun 03/14/10 07:32 AM

Oh, you guys are making me so happy! Yes, I don't remember all the details :wink: but I enjoyed the ride! great tunes ya'll mentioned- can't forget Franklin's Tower! I took my 8 year old son to see Phil and Bobby a couple of weeks back- it was cool to show him the scene (microscene compared to the old days)...

That's Ratdog right?....saw them twice, great band. Miss the GD, saw Jerry in one of his last shows...Memphis.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaT4U-nS7rM

Yep! Was that the Jerry Garcia Band in Memphis? I saw the last dead show in chicago... one of my friends was asked by the police if she would trust them- they handcuffed her and led into the show, front center of the floor, and told her to enjoy the show!!! Miracled by the Chicago Police Department at the last dead show! HAHAHAHA!

sunshinedreams's photo
Fri 03/12/10 05:25 PM
I agree- one of the best movies ever made! And hope is key to happiness, along with faith and love~

sunshinedreams's photo
Fri 03/12/10 05:02 PM
YEAY!!! to ALL parents that try!
All this talk about single parenting makes me feel for the kids who have zero parents who want to step up... Not trying to be a downer, just hope we can all take a moment to send our prayers, hearts and warmth out to those lost kids who are left behind and alone or in the system...
SO glad my son has so many people who love him- even if the ex is a pain to deal with~

sunshinedreams's photo
Fri 03/12/10 04:57 PM

Take her keys so she cant just walk in. Its kinda the opposite on my side my husband cheating on me so me and my girls had to move in with my parents but this isnt the first time its happened between us and i keep forgiving him and moving back in. its happened 4 times and everysingle time i am heartbroken and devestated. tonight is now my second night with out him for good now. divorce her and get it overwith before she wants to come back and you get hurt again

Good for you!!! It takes so much strength to do what you have done- don't take him back ... "hurt me once, shame on you, hurt me twice, shame on me". People rarely change, and it sounds like he has had plenty of chances...
My point of this post is- even though I don't know you, I am proud of you for being so strong!!!

sunshinedreams's photo
Fri 03/12/10 02:25 PM
Oh, you guys are making me so happy! Yes, I don't remember all the details :wink: but I enjoyed the ride! great tunes ya'll mentioned- can't forget Franklin's Tower! I took my 8 year old son to see Phil and Bobby a couple of weeks back- it was cool to show him the scene (microscene compared to the old days)...

sunshinedreams's photo
Wed 03/10/10 05:19 PM
YEAY!!! I lost count around 50... the best job I ever had- selling garlic grilled cheese and beer on Shakedown :banana:

sunshinedreams's photo
Wed 03/10/10 05:13 PM
my favorite music? #1 the Grateful Dead (I miss Jerry)- love jam bands, reggae, well just about all music except country (no offense)... any more dead heads out there?

sunshinedreams's photo
Wed 03/10/10 05:10 PM
I have the most awesome son a mama could ask for!smile2

sunshinedreams's photo
Wed 03/10/10 05:06 PM

yes... and by the way, I lived in WV for 8 years... I LOVE and miss it SO much!!! Tucker county- heard of it?

Ah, testimonials are just nice comments people write on their friends' profiles.

I moved here recently, not familiar with many areas here yet. It is a beautiful state though.

Oh, thanks!
well, if you wanna get way into nature, let me know... I could tell you about some awesome places. If you are a city girl who doesn't like nature... I suggest out of state travel winking

Previous 1