Community > Posts By > marlinthomas

no photo
Thu 01/03/08 06:13 PM
Not to mention the exorbitant profits to be made from the primitive fears of the faithful

no photo
Thu 01/03/08 06:11 PM
Detailed, clever hogwash, but hogwash nevertheless. Bits and pieces of real stories, embellished to beyond credulity, beyond plausibility, and sold en masset coerce confuse the gullible into praise/glory hogwash. obuscation taken to new heights. Utter nunsense. Bad pizza dreams, brought to light.

no photo
Thu 01/03/08 05:42 PM
Happy New Year and a high colonic to the lot of you

no photo
Thu 01/03/08 05:40 PM
All agruments about this topic just drip with the ludricous. How intelligent (!) adults waste valuable electrons on such drivel never fails to amaze me. Idiocy must surely be a prerequisite to such discussions. Me and Jesus both agree on this.

no photo
Thu 01/03/08 05:35 PM
eleven angels can dance on the head of a pin. It's a prime number, as is 13, and as 3. The flood of hogwash, regrettably, takes away the possibility that there could indeed be a creator, who may have said, "Let there be a big bang!" and let us then see what happens.

no photo
Sun 12/30/07 10:28 PM
Just needed to vent here about something truly ugly and disturbing to me: Flavor Flav (why is this guy on tv?) and the burned out skank he hangs out with (is she supposed to be - easy, stomach - sexy?) I really could have used italics there. This is being shown, their public displays of affection, their 'high life' in expensive hotels; decent bellboys summoned to give these two hideous nude people champagne in the bathtub... as if this is somehow erotic. It isn't, and I wouldn't look at all, but they are showing this on the cable screen for the TV GUIDE; if you want to know what's on the air, you can't miss these two exhibitionist weirdos at work, slapping each other, kissing each other, committing conspicuous consumption crimes -- the thrust of my question is, am I the only one who feels like hurling when I see them? Wildly curious.

no photo
Wed 12/26/07 01:07 PM
Well said, dude, very very well said indeed! The kick is good!

no photo
Wed 12/26/07 11:57 AM
It varies wildly, because women vary wildly! Virtually every woman has a special quality, unique to her; I like to look for it! It could be her hair, her posture, her smile, and of course we'd be lying if we forgot those anatomical features unique to women -- I've loved breasts, for example, ever since I was a newborn baby! -- But in the final analysis? I love pretty faces. Pretty, clear eyes, well-defined cheekbones, a lovely smile, pointy chins, bangs in the eyes, the overall composition of the face, clear skin, a bee-stung lower lip. It probably sounds weird, but I'd have to say I'm a face man!

no photo
Mon 12/17/07 12:29 PM
Welcome, hunnybun. I love this site, it is the best. Not a lot of bad vibes, and if someone gets weird on you, just click a few times, you'll be in a whole 'nother state! It's beautiful, and I have chatted up some very cool people here. Soy un hombre sincero -- Marlin Thomas

no photo
Mon 12/17/07 10:44 AM
...And not wanting to be a poor sport about this, what was this thread about...? (I'll behave, if it will help...)

no photo
Mon 12/17/07 10:39 AM
Jazzie -- am noting with interest that most of the males in this frame, are musical types, and your name is, well, Jazzie, you know? (Never claimed to be the sharpest bulb on the tree!)laugh If it is my lack of a picture that is messing me up here, the only known photos of me are on the Crumville website, on myspace. I am the skinny dork playing rhythm guitar on stage left, with the aussie-style bush hat I use to disguise my pointed head... it was 110 degrees when that was shot, so I appear to be even more vacuous than I normally am... Marlin

no photo
Mon 12/17/07 10:31 AM
Jazzie, you are a stunning creature, makes me sad that i'm mostly a relic! But being an object of fantasy is something, is it not? What is really on your mind this A.M.? over. Marlin

no photo
Mon 12/17/07 10:28 AM
Jazzie -- Yes, it is you to whom I address these humble syllables (spell check!). Marlin

no photo
Mon 12/17/07 10:23 AM
Well, you certainly seem engaging to me! Why do you ask? - Marlin

no photo
Sun 12/16/07 12:55 PM
'love hearts' is perhaps the most creative mis-spelling I have ever seen in my life. Marlin Thomas

no photo
Sun 12/16/07 12:16 PM
call me simple, I would just like a straight up sirloin steak, like Black Angus makes, medium rare, with the baked potato and chives, the light salad with bleu cheese dressing

no photo
Mon 12/03/07 07:01 PM
I'll Follow the Sun...

no photo
Tue 11/27/07 02:52 PM
a game show host as a legend? No. Steely Dan is a legend. Excaliur the sword was a legend. Sgt. York was a legend. A guy who reads glib words from a teleprompter? Not a legend.

no photo
Mon 11/26/07 05:13 PM
Your life is tumbling over
And there's always trouble somewhere
Kind of makes you want to wonder why
And life is such a struggle, yes,
And people get so crazy
But they get along you're wondering
"Why can't I?"
'Cuz you're just another spirit
And you're stuck between the Earth
And the Sky

And where this road will lead you
No map will ever tell you
You never know you're getting
Low or High
And whether it was worth it
All these tears
And all this laughter
All this time that keeps
Right on rolling by
'Cuz you're just another spirit
And you're stuck between the Earth
And the Sky

Oh, baby,
Don't you worry
I know, I know
How you feel
Life may feel different to you
But life
Is for real
And love
Love is real
But you're just another spirit
Stuck between the Earth
And the Sky

Lyrics by Marlin Thomas
(Crumville)

no photo
Sat 11/24/07 11:08 PM
Abracadabra - Marlin Thomas here. Read your comments a couple nights ago and liked what I was hearing. Absolutism on either/both ends of this argument is of no help, generally speaking. It occurs to me that the group consciousness of the creatures who more or less advance from the primordial chemical 'stew' in question is, in fact, the Prime Intellect in the end. It may be that linear time applies only to 'where' and 'when' we are. The old, 'chicken or the egg' thing keeps coming up, lame as it may seem. God is our collective electromagnetic/soul vibrations, emanating into space/time, to become Him Who Is.
And then again, I may just have an extreme allergy to the mushrooms on the pizza I just ingested. Who can be knowing? Bless the lot of us, I say.

Previous 1