Community > Posts By > cpl4life

cpl4life's photo
Sun 03/28/10 05:40 AM
Lol, i almost died laughing myself when I read that on Yahoo the other day, I can't believe people are actually weaponizing pepper in this way. I guess it would be a pretty effective non-lethal force restraint. I'm sure one wiff of that stuff and you'd be stopped dead in your tracks.

cpl4life's photo
Sun 03/28/10 05:31 AM
That's a good point, animals are just innocent for the most part, whereas humans have another side of the brain not instinctual, for instance animals eat only when they are hungry, humans eat for many different reasons, such as if we're depressed, bored, we like the taste of a certain food, now I relate this to the topic is, animals mate only for procreation or to prove dominance like msharmony said, but humans on the other hand mate for many other reasons other than just to procreate, we do it to give us confidence, pleasure (obviously), to prove one's love to another, sometimes for acceptance, and I'm sure for countless other reasons too, but the point is, we make a conscious choice to do the things we do, like to turn to the same sex for companionship and love. Now do I think does this give us an advantage over the animals, I don't think so. I think it is a disadvantage only because I doubt animals ridicule other animals for turning to homosexuality, but humans sometimes kill each other for that very reason. I feel only if this behavior was accepted 100% throughout the world would I then think this would be an advantage for us. And also I hope I didn't offend anyone with this thread, I just really think it's horrible how people who choose to be gay are ridiculed so much for it, I mean I'm not gay, but I don't judge other people if they are. In my opinion as long as no one tries to convert me that way, then I see no problem with it. And sorry if I got off topic a bit on that last sentence.

cpl4life's photo
Sun 03/28/10 05:07 AM
I have to say I feel the same way, if that poem describes the paths you've had to endure in your life, and when you think you got far, you're sent back to before you even started and then it's all over and you must start over and again try to accomplish whatever it is you have to do, and then just as you can feel success, like a flash you're back again to nothing, I really loved the way you expressed that in poetry form, I really can't do that too often, its rare for me to get in a mood to be able to write a descent poem, anyhow I'll shut up now, lol.

cpl4life's photo
Sun 03/28/10 05:00 AM
Hey thanks for the input y'all, I really appreciate the different perspectives you all were able to give me. I guess simply put, religion is up to you, and it is man made, made by us, and also to be questioned by us. I believe we all have our own lives to live, but faith in something, regardless of what it is, that is important, I think its what keeps us going. Maybe it is a God, or spouse, parent, maybe its your kid that keeps you going.

I have faith that there is something out there, beyond the clouds that does watch over us, but they have a cruel sense of humor; because there is cancer that kills children mercilessly, there are roofs of churches that do collapse and kill many innocent people.

And yet, this same entity makes sure I get what I need, so I don't understand this being, and I don't think any mortal ever will, that's why their a God, and we are not. I guess there is another way though to look at the scenarios I just gave, usually when those horrific events occur, it causes us all to band together for that common cause, to help soothe that child in terrible pain, to help the grieving survivors of a horrible catastrophe, so I guess there really is a yen for every yan (I think I spelled those right, lol) or whatever you want to say. I think there is a certain amount of Carma there regardless. I don't post this to change anyone's outlook on the cosmos, or fate, or whatever you want to call it, I wanted to say again thank you for your input, and good luck on all of y'alls searches for whatever it is you seek.

cpl4life's photo
Wed 03/24/10 11:06 AM
I didnt think about that, thanks, I just assumed everyone knew cpl is just short for corporal, since thats what I was discharged as in the Marine Corps, I'll have to start explaining that more, lol. Now I feel kinda silly.

cpl4life's photo
Wed 03/24/10 10:09 AM
I try to keep an open mind to all things really, its just some religions just make me so bitter towards them, and I guess it really is because in every religion or organization for that matter there are always those two faced people. So I guess what I would call myself is just agnostic I guess because I really have no substantial belief on what is beyond the clouds, but I do believe there is something out there watching over us all, just not neccesarily the stereotypical loving God that alot of people believe it is. I mean who's to say the Egyptians didnt have something with their polytheistic beliefs, the Greeks and Romans too for that matter. Maybe there's an infinite amount of Gods for all of the planets in the universe, or there's just one that oversees this vast universe of ours. Hopefully I'm not off my original topic by now lol. Oh well, thats my twisted beliefs on things anyway. And thanks too for the replies.

cpl4life's photo
Wed 03/24/10 09:58 AM
Well thanks for replying y'all, I guess I'll just take it easy and just chill out. Thanks alot for the constructive criticism and some encouragement too.

cpl4life's photo
Wed 03/24/10 05:41 AM
lol, thanks, at least I know now. sad

cpl4life's photo
Wed 03/24/10 05:40 AM
My religion is jaded I guess, I mean this is how I see things, I think the bible is not at all true, but rather a guide on how certain people lived their lives, I think its all symbols and folklore. I believe there are two sides in the universe, positive and negative energies. And its up to you whether you choose to put off negative energy with your actions and words, or you can put off positive energy by doing as good as you can. I'm a big believer in carma, which is why I try to be as good of a person as I can, to try and better the world through my own actions. I mean who knows my beliefs might tie into how another religion feels, I was raised christian so thats the only religion I know quite a bit about. And I personally cant stand christianity, I think alot of people who practice it are hypocritical jerks that are all shallow minded and very judgemental of others. If you're going to follow a religion like that I know you're SUPPOSED to be NON-judgemenal of others and listen to people instead of ridicule them if their beliefs are different, I mean religious freedom does that sound familiar to anyone? Yeah, you know thats a reason why this country was even founded in the first place. So yeah, I feel there is something up there beyond the clouds, I'm just not sure what. Anyways, please tell me your take on my rant, thank you.

cpl4life's photo
Wed 03/24/10 05:22 AM
I personally dont think I look too much different than any other guys my age, but yet I cant meet a good woman to save my own rear end. Is it my face, or is my profile just too dull, I have good qualities that I think good women would love in a guy. I'm loyal, I dont cheat, and am all about taking things slow. I've only had two semi serious relationships and one serious one in my life, and the serious one just ended a couple of months ago, after knowing her for five years. So I guess, maybe I just suck at trying to find a good woman, well will some descent women please give me some constructive criticism please? Thank you.