Community > Posts By > simpleguy1969

simpleguy1969's photo
Mon 05/17/10 10:06 PM
sorry couldn't help oops slaphead

simpleguy1969's photo
Mon 05/17/10 10:00 PM

oh yes, the Roxy and the Troubadour

and there was a place out in the valley...cant remember the name,
but KMET used to sponsor local band nights all of the time.

Damn it KC, now I'm going to be thinking about that till I remember the name :angry:

well, Davey?

any luck?

i can't think of it still......:angry:
sorry to butt in but are you thinking of Chuck Landis's Country Club in Reseda what

simpleguy1969's photo
Sun 05/16/10 11:24 AM
UPDATE : BP says they have successfully inserted tube in leaking well as per BLOOMBERG News. Well done donkeys , now what ?

simpleguy1969's photo
Sun 05/16/10 11:22 AM

Whats up tokers bigsmile

smokin smokin
Like your truck ROW. I've got a '69. Hmmm....

simpleguy1969's photo
Sun 05/16/10 11:10 AM

Unfortunately this is all smoke and mirrors. The leak will only be stopped when the pressure in the oil patch has dissipated and exhausted the supply. BP , the Feds nobody can stop this. The enviromental repercussions will be long lasting and tragic. It will take time to realize the damage from this and the powers that be will try to tell you it is under control but I hope you do your own research. http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Huge-oil-plumes-found-under-apf-1551899726.html?x=0&sec=topStories&pos=2&asset=&ccode=

I use a rubber inflatable ribbed bag to stop leaks in a sewer line when I need to test for leaks.

Don't know why that wouldn't work to stop or slow down the leak until it could be capped or repaired.
Sounds good in theory willing2 , I have used those also and they work really well. I'm just guessing at this , because I am far from an engineer but given that hole in the earth is , give or take , a mile below the oceans surface anything inflatable would only want to rise to the path of least resistance , not to mention the incredible negative pressures that are present that far down. I have worked and still do work in BP's refineries , let's just put it this way , I am relieved to walk out of them in one piece. I always dread working in them , but hey I go where the money is smokin

I'm not familiar with oil drilling. My thought was, when they drilled a hole, they'd line it the hole with pipe.

If that's the case, the inflated restrictor could be placed inside the pipe. They inflate pretty quick and the ribs would secure it to the walls of the pipe.
I agree with you on that , but we must think about a few things here. Bear with me now , the original blowout was caused by a methane burst that quite possibly blew a hole into the ocean floor who knows how big , so in theory , that hole can never be used again. Drilling a relief well will take weeks and in my opinion BP has never had the intention of using the relief well as a solution to the problem. That relief well will be used to retrieve the oil that is still available to them. It's about money and they know for a fact , just my layman's opinion , the leak can never be stopped until the supply is exhausted. It's a dirty business and **** happens but at this point the BIG question is how dirty will this get ? Or even better will they let us know the reality of this event , I think not.

simpleguy1969's photo
Sun 05/16/10 10:54 AM
Lucky Man by The Verve

simpleguy1969's photo
Sun 05/16/10 10:51 AM

Unfortunately this is all smoke and mirrors. The leak will only be stopped when the pressure in the oil patch has dissipated and exhausted the supply. BP , the Feds nobody can stop this. The enviromental repercussions will be long lasting and tragic. It will take time to realize the damage from this and the powers that be will try to tell you it is under control but I hope you do your own research. http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Huge-oil-plumes-found-under-apf-1551899726.html?x=0&sec=topStories&pos=2&asset=&ccode=

I use a rubber inflatable ribbed bag to stop leaks in a sewer line when I need to test for leaks.

Don't know why that wouldn't work to stop or slow down the leak until it could be capped or repaired.
Sounds good in theory willing2 , I have used those also and they work really well. I'm just guessing at this , because I am far from an engineer but given that hole in the earth is , give or take , a mile below the oceans surface anything inflatable would only want to rise to the path of least resistance , not to mention the incredible negative pressures that are present that far down. I have worked and still do work in BP's refineries , let's just put it this way , I am relieved to walk out of them in one piece. I always dread working in them , but hey I go where the money is smokin

simpleguy1969's photo
Sun 05/16/10 10:31 AM

simpleguy1969's photo
Sun 05/16/10 10:07 AM
Bronson - Directed by Nicolas Winding Refn 3 and 1/2 stars , The Football Factory - Directed by Nick Love 4 out of 5 stars and Rise of the Footsoldier - Directed by Julian Gilby 4 and 1/2 stars of 5. In my opinion all well worth watching smokin

simpleguy1969's photo
Sat 05/15/10 09:51 PM
Single smokin

simpleguy1969's photo
Sat 05/15/10 08:51 PM

alot of elderly people online tonight
Who you callin' elderly grumble

simpleguy1969's photo
Sat 05/15/10 08:24 PM
Good question , why am I here whoa I might not want to contemplate that too much . Uhhh think it's time for a smoke smokin

simpleguy1969's photo
Fri 05/14/10 07:48 AM

"Sympathy For Lady Vengeance". The conclusion in Chan-wook Park's vengeance trilogy. Better than "Sympathy For Mr. Vengeance"; not as good as "Oldboy".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzXbV9a5GA4&feature=related
Excellent films Plastic. In total agreement with your review smokin

simpleguy1969's photo
Thu 05/13/10 07:42 PM
Roads by Portishead

simpleguy1969's photo
Thu 05/13/10 06:54 PM
The Oscillator by Thievery Corporation smokin

simpleguy1969's photo
Thu 05/13/10 05:32 PM
The Pusher Trilogy - I highly recommend watching these films. Very gritty with excellent acting , great characters and soundtrack. Definitely not Avatar , enjoy smokin

simpleguy1969's photo
Mon 05/10/10 08:12 PM

Anyone else here like this kind of music ?

I'm psychobilly fan - Southern Culture on The Skids, sweetyflowerforyou
SCOTS are considered psychobilly now ? Hmmm... Well how about we try some Nekromantix , Mad Sin , Tiger Army , Demented Are Go , The Coffin Nails , Mr. Badwrench , The Sharks and the " king " of the psychobilly freakout , The Reverend Horton Heat smokin

simpleguy1969's photo
Tue 05/04/10 09:14 PM
Just watched " Election " & " Triad Election " by Johnny To from Hong Kong. Excellent dialogue driven gangster films , not the shoot 'em up kind. In Cantonese so subtitles are a must , unless you speak Cantonese of course .... smokin

simpleguy1969's photo
Tue 05/04/10 07:45 PM
Crown Of The Thorns by Mother Love Bone

simpleguy1969's photo
Tue 05/04/10 06:26 PM

It's just a number, and I don't feel like I'll be 40 on friday, but yesterday it seems like whatever i did or heard had something to do with me getting older. I got the blues very quickly. I'm better now, but i'm afraid for friday.

I have no idea what is in store for me as far as who is planning what, but i think i'm going to run away for the weekend.
First off let me say HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you a couple days early. Second , 40 is just the number preceding 41 which is how old I am. I am still alive , still working frustrated , still having fun , making mistakes and trying to learn from them , discovering new things and appreciating the old. I may not be where I thought I would be at 41 but there is always 42 smokin

Previous 1