Community > Posts By > georgeknows

georgeknows's photo
Sat 05/08/10 08:13 AM

I believe in really good tires for my car.

Me too. Save fuel money.

I totally believe in the Big G. and what he will do or won't.

This sounds like determinism, which is inherently flawed.

georgeknows's photo
Sat 05/08/10 08:06 AM
Family guy is overrated in my opinion. I don't like the non-contextual jokes.

georgeknows's photo
Sat 05/08/10 08:00 AM
Edited by georgeknows on Sat 05/08/10 08:03 AM

If a technology CAN be misused, it WILL be misused.

Indeed, but that's not a reason to abandon it. By that logic we shouldn't drive cars because they have been used to run people down. We shouldn't travel by air because of 9/11. Oh and we shouldn't use the internet because it's aided in conspiracies, pedophilia and terrorism.

Oh and to OP, I agree, eventually we'll have a much more accurate way of predicting, just at the moment, the cost of the research isn't equivalent to the benefits. Chances are it will be abandoned and then taken up again in the near future when genetic techniques are much cheaper and more efficient.

georgeknows's photo
Thu 05/06/10 03:50 PM
TLDR

georgeknows's photo
Thu 05/06/10 01:30 PM
I think you should be examined if you WANT to go to other countries!

georgeknows's photo
Thu 05/06/10 01:20 PM

If energy cannot be destroyed just transformed, and we essentially are made of energy. Does that mean we live on just in a different sense?

No. Energy =/= life. It sounds very poetic, but unfortunately it's just not true.

georgeknows's photo
Thu 05/06/10 01:13 PM
I'm not a parent, but I'm a vegetarian...so I always eat my veggies woot!

georgeknows's photo
Thu 05/06/10 12:48 PM
The problem with screening for genetic diseases is that many genes can contribute to the overall phenotype. Not to mention environmental factors. Like Diabetes, both 1 and 2 have around 800 genes which can potentiate the disease, or help it start. It's not easy to predict this stuff.

Not to mention even though the genome has been sequenced, we don't yet know what over 30% of the protein coding genes actually code for, or how single nucleotide polymorphisms will affect those genes.

georgeknows's photo
Thu 05/06/10 12:36 PM
I like listening to bigger bands, the production is appealing. Going to gigs, it's best to see the locals though. Better atmosphere.

georgeknows's photo
Thu 05/06/10 12:23 PM

that is an awesome picture!

A kracken is a giant squid? You learn something new everyday!

georgeknows's photo
Thu 05/06/10 12:21 PM
Being alone is ok sometimes!

georgeknows's photo
Thu 05/06/10 12:09 PM
Hey, I'm new too. I don't really know the protocol of dating sites, so I guess I'm going to try and blag it on the forums.