Community > Posts By > TexasDarlin

TexasDarlin's photo
Tue 09/11/07 07:48 PM
Thanks, I wish you both the best. I guess I could have put his name up too. He is the only friend I have on my list, Julian123.

It is really special when you have that level of connection with someone. I see the ads for another site, one you have to pay for, and they talk about connecting on such levels and I used to think it was hooey. Now I know it does exist.

TexasDarlin's photo
Tue 09/11/07 10:44 AM
I signed up and went thru the search. I spotted this guy that I was interested in but thought he would never be interested in me, so kept going. A couple of days later I was checking my mail and there was a message from him, while here he IM'd me. We chatted a bit and he dared me to call him, so being who I am I called. We talked for hours. It came so easy and we were so much a like and like the same things, think a like in many ways and we both felt we had found what we had searched for in someone. We talked on the phone and emailed a bit more and finally met. From them moment we came face to face it was as if we had always been together. That was 2 weeks ago, we have been apart only for short periods since then. Life has been hitting us with one challenge after another but we keep going. On our 3rd date my house was robbed, he was here for me and stayed with me, not leaving my side until I felt I could handle it.

There really is no secret, put yourself out there, be open and honest, caring and understanding. Make it clear what you want and dont be afraid to just be you. We have not played any games. We have spent many hours talking, not sleeping at all, realizing we had talked the night away. We have both done something we have not done in the past, totally open up, no secrets. He knows things about me no one else does and I know things about him others do not know.

He is my knight, his armor is battle weary, and a little tarnished, but then my crown is not so shiny anymore either. We are giving this a real chance. We jumped in with both feet and no blinders on.

I hope everyone can find that someone, because when you connect on this level, it really is amazing. I never thought it was possible.

Thursday is 2 weeks since our first date, we are planning on going to watch some jazz under the stars. 2 weeks.. wow.. seems like we have been together always. Who knows where it will go, but we have to take a chance or we will never go anywhere.

Our photo is the main one in my profile.

I wish all the best.. may you find this kind of love and contentment.