Community > Posts By > fungalinga

no photo
Mon 03/17/08 06:23 PM
Thanks to each of you for the prayers. Of course he is really down today with the news. I am trying so hard to be strong through this all for him.

If anyone has any encouraging words I can relay to him it would be greatly appreciated.

I keep praying for a miracle.

no photo
Mon 03/17/08 06:09 PM
I haven't been on this site in a while. My boyfriend has cancer. He has been taking chemo since December. He just got the news today that another lump was found.

He says his outlook isn't good. I just wanted to ask each of you to please pray for him.

It has been a long haul and he needs lots of prayers. Thanks and God bless you all.

no photo
Thu 01/10/08 04:47 PM
HANDY LITTLE CHART
God has a positive answer:

YOU SAY
GOD SAYS
BIBLE VERSES

You say: "It's impossible"
God says: All things are possible
(Luke 18:27)

You say: "I'm too tired"
God says: I will give you rest
(Matthew 11:28-30)

You say: "Nobody really loves me"
God says: I love you
(John 3:1 6 & John3:34 )

You say: "I can't go on"
God says: My grace is sufficient
(II Corinthians 12:9 & Psalm 91:15)

You say: "I can't figure things out"
God says: I will direct your steps
(Proverbs 3:5- 6)

You say: "I can't do it"
God says: You can do all things
(Philippians 4:13)

You say: "I'm not able"
God says: I am able
(II Corinthians 9:8)

You say: "It's not worth it"
God says: It will be worth it
(Roman 8:28 )

You say: "I can't forgive myself"
God says: I Forgive you
(I John 1:9 & Romans 8:1)

You say: "I can't manage"
God says: I will supply all your needs
(Philippians 4:19)

You say: "I'm afraid"
God says: I have not given you a spirit of fear
(II Timothy 1:7)

You say: "I'm always worried and frustrated"
God says: Cast all your cares on ME
(I Peter 5:7)

You say: "I'm not smart enough"
God says: I give you wisdom
(I Corinthians 1:30)

You say: "I feel all alone"
God says: I will never leave you or forsake you
(Hebrews 13:5)

PASS THIS ON. YOU NEVER KNOW WHO MAY BE IN NEED

The first sentence is pretty powerful!

God determines who walks into your life....it's up to you to decide who you let walk away, who you let stay, and who you refuse to let go."

I need this back. If you'll do this for me, I'll do it for you....

Father, God bless all my friends in whatever it is that you know they may need this day! And may their life be full of your peace, prosperity and power as they seek to have a closer relationship with you. Amen.

Now send it on to five other people, including the one who sent it to you. Within hours you caused a multitude of people to pray for other people. Then sit back and watch the power of God work in your life.

P. S. Five is good, but more is better, who else do you know that needs prayer.

Make it a Wonderful Day!!

Keep people in your circle that are doing more than you so you will never become complacent and you will always strive for more

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle"

no photo
Thu 12/27/07 06:20 PM
GO TARHEELS

no photo
Tue 12/25/07 06:33 AM
As a Dear Friend of mine who beat cancer says.

"Every day above ground is a good day."

When you feel like your world is falling apart and crashing in just stop and smell the roses.

You can't change the past cause it is done however you can change your future. So when you are down and you feel like your world is crashing in take a deep breath things will get better even though you don't feel like it right now.

no photo
Fri 12/21/07 07:48 PM
I don't Amanda personally but I am friends with one of Amanda's father's co workers.

It seems that Amanda was last seen with a Teenage boy. As Amanda is 16/17 years old.

I just can't imagine how her parents feel not knowing where their daughter is besides it being at Christmas Time too. Please keep this family in your prayers. Let's pray that Amanda returns home safely.

Thanks

no photo
Fri 12/21/07 07:36 PM
Amanda Yarborough has been missing since Tuesday afternoon.

She is driving a red car with license plate South Carolina 805-XAX.

The family is devastated.

I do have a picture of Amanda if you would like it sent to you as a forward.

no photo
Sun 12/16/07 10:49 AM
Recently Marines in Iraq wrote to Starbucks because they wanted to
> let them know how much they liked their coffees and to request that
> they
> send some of it to the troops there. Starbucks replied, telling the
> Marines
> thank you for their support of their business, but that Starbucks
> does not
> support the war, nor anyone in it, and that they would not send the
> troops
> their
> brand of coffee.
>
> So as not to offend Starbucks, maybe we should not support them by
> buying any of their products! I feel we should get this out in the
> open. I
> know this war might not be very popular with some folks, but that
> doesn't
> mean we don't support the boys on the ground fighting street
> -to-street and
> house-to-house.
>
> If you feel the same as I do then pass this along, or you can
> discard it and no one will never know.
>
> Thanks very much for your support. I know you'll all be there again
> when I
> deploy once more.
>
> Semper Fidelis.
> Sgt. Howard C. Wright
> 1st Force Recon Co
> 1st Plt PLT
>
> PLEASE DON'T DELETE THIS . . ALLOW IT TO BE
> PASSED TO ALL IN MEMORY OF ALL THE TROOPS WHO HAVE DIED SO THAT WE
> MAY HAVE
> THE RIGHT TO CHOOSE TO SUPPORT THEM OR NOT! ! !
>
> Also, don't forget that when the Twin Trade Towers were hit the fire
> fighters and rescue workers went to Starbucks because it was close
> by for
> water for
> the survivors and workers and Starbucks charged them! ! !
> JUST A NOTE TO THIS; STARBUCKS HAD STORES ON SEVERAL MILITARY BASES
> IN THE
> UNITED STATES. THEY ARE NOW BEING REMOVED BECAUSE OF THIS. GO GET 'EM
> AMERICA . STAND-UP FOR OURSELVES

no photo
Tue 12/11/07 07:51 PM
I myself met Whoopi Goldberg. She is very nice and down to earth. Yes she is funny in person too.

no photo
Tue 12/11/07 07:47 PM
Has anyone of you met someone famous in your normal day to day life and it hit you who it was after you spoke with them and went on your day?

no photo
Tue 12/04/07 05:03 PM
GO TARHEELS !!!!!!!!!!!

bigsmile

no photo
Sun 11/04/07 09:24 AM
Tell me why a guy friend will tell you his feelings after he finds there is someone else in your life that you are crazy about?

no photo
Mon 10/15/07 09:00 PM
The Bert Show's Big Thank You

Each letter should be heartfelt, handwritten, original, and free of any political statements. The purpose of the letter is to express thanks to the military personnel serving the United States. We reserve the right to eliminate those messages that are political in nature and that do not reflect a positive message in the spirit of Thanksgiving. Those letters will be destroyed.

All letters must be on 8.5 X 11 paper or smaller. Do not use glue, tape, staples, cardboard, glitter or otherwise attach anything to the paper. Decorate using crayons, pencil, etc. Use both side if you like, but use one page per letter only. Do not send cards or photographs. Feel free to include your mailing and email address, if you like and you may get a response. Do not put letters in individual envelopes.

Do not send anything except letters. We cannot accept donations of any kind, and they should not be included or attached to letters.

Please review the guidelines below to submit your letters:

Every individual letter is important, but for organizational purposes, please try to submit letters in bulk whenever possible. Work with your school, church, sorority/fraternity, office, neighborhood, etc. and send all letters bundled as directed below.

Letters should be bundled in groups of 50, 100, or 250 and held together in with two rubber bands, one wrapped lengthwise and the other widthwise. This will help tremendously with sorting. The top page in the bundle should indicate clearly how many letters are included. Do not bundle letters unless they are in groups of 50, 100, or 250.

If you have a partial bundle of less than 50 letters, fasten them together with a paperclip. The top page in the group should clearly indicate how many letters are included.

If you are submitting 10 or fewer letters, the letters can be folded to fit into a standard business-size envelope.

Starting on Wednesday, October 17, letters can be dropped off at any Atlanta-area Taco Mac loaction. These locations can be found by clicking here: http://www.taco-mac.com/georgia.htm

If you prefer to mail in your letters, send them here:

The Bert Show's Big Thank You
3070 Windward Plaza
Suite F 350
Alpharetta, GA 30005

Our deadline is Friday October 26. All letters MUST be received by this day. Letters received after that deadline may not be sent to the military and will not be returned.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

no photo
Mon 10/15/07 08:42 PM
Did you know that if they ask you to receive gifts, cash checks you can turn them into customs. I had applied for a job on a major job site. Got an email quickly that they wanted to hire me. If you read the details of the job they wanted you to cash their checks by putting them into your bank account and wiring them the money less 10%. I contacted the website and turned them in. They gave me the website for the Internet crime police. Yeah I didn't know they had them at that time. You go fill out a form and the attach the email and they check into it. I have also had them to also add me to their friends list too.

no photo
Mon 10/15/07 08:27 PM
Please pass this along to your family and friends. Letters need to be there by Oct. 26 in order to get there for Thanksgiving.

no photo
Mon 10/15/07 08:08 PM
A local Atlanta Radio station is having a big thanks. Q-100 is asking everyone to write a letter to a military personal that will be overseas for Thanksgiving. They need over 359,000 letters that are hand written. I challenge everyone to write a letter. All the details are on the station website. There are some rules of what you can send and not to send. Let's make this a special Thanksgiving for all the branches of the military and show our support. You can find the details at :allthehitsq100. You can either mail the letters to the address on the site or drop them off at a local taco mac. If anyone out of state wants to join in and help us please feel free.

Thanks in advance