Community > Posts By > chris_pc

no photo
Wed 08/18/10 05:17 PM
The fact that this is even a headline story shows how screwed up politics and journalists are when there are far more pressing news stories to be told.
What a freak show event this has turned out to be. Islamophobe racists make me giggle.

no photo
Wed 08/18/10 05:11 PM
Video games

no photo
Wed 08/18/10 05:05 PM

I thought they were Condos.Wow I wonder what the inside looks like?
We found the traffic was already bad.
You spend twenty dollars just on you lol..wow you must be a big eater.We spent 22 for 3 of us.
Maybe I changed my mind about buying you lunch!laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

Two helpings of desert will do it. Ice cream is like heaven

Have you had icecream at licks?Looks like they are huge.

Two helpings of ice cream too. For a skinny guy, I amaze my friends on how much I can eat.

no photo
Wed 08/18/10 05:03 PM
I have to get back to work.

Good night Betty and Vivian. May peace health, love and happiness be with you always.

no photo
Wed 08/18/10 04:59 PM

I thought they were Condos.Wow I wonder what the inside looks like?
We found the traffic was already bad.
You spend twenty dollars just on you lol..wow you must be a big eater.We spent 22 for 3 of us.
Maybe I changed my mind about buying you lunch!laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

Two helpings of desert will do it. Ice cream is like heaven

no photo
Wed 08/18/10 04:50 PM
Edited by chris_pc on Wed 08/18/10 04:52 PM
I love Licks but spend way too much when I go there. How does a lunch bill come out to $20.00 but I do eat a lot when I go.

The buildings are luxury condos called "The Absolute World" which is 5 buildings in total, including the two curvy ones. Problem is that the area does not have any new schools and still needs an infrastructure upgrade. The traffic will be horrendous when all them rich folk move in.

no photo
Wed 08/18/10 04:43 PM
daytime TV

no photo
Wed 08/18/10 04:36 PM
Hi Betty, did you find any good deals? Hope the trip was pleasant. What do you think of the new buildings going up dubbed "Marilyn Monroe"

no photo
Wed 08/18/10 04:25 PM
Edited by chris_pc on Wed 08/18/10 04:30 PM
For the most part, never trying is worse but with an eye on history, there are numerous situations where "it never should have been tried in the first place."

and

If quitters never win, and winners never quit, what fool came up with, "Quit while you're ahead?"

no photo
Wed 08/18/10 04:19 PM
Men like war: they do not hold much sway over birth, so they make up for it with death. Unlike women, men menstruate by shedding other people's blood.

Lucy Ellmann
Anglo-American novelist

no photo
Wed 08/18/10 04:04 PM
Hello everyone. I just got back from a lengthy stint of house and dog sitting for a friend. 3 dogs actually, with one being a very active and a "I don't want to be trained" puppy. It seemed to take more effort than a babysitting gig. I just stopped in to say hi and got to get back to work.

We have BuskerFest here in Port Credit this weekend where street performers from all around the world come out to show their unique acts like juggling, fire-eaters and illusionists to name a few. I lend my time volunteering and have to finish up scheduling volunteers for the event.

I Hope to stoop in again later tonight but if I can't then I just hope everyone is doing very well.

no photo
Tue 08/03/10 04:59 PM
Tim has A/C? Awesome, I am envious but can always go to the local library during the day to cool off.

I am going to leave now. I am on a creativity burst which I want to ride to it's fullest potential.

Stay strong, cool and have a happy and healthy week everyone.

no photo
Tue 08/03/10 04:43 PM
Me too. I am just stopping in for a minute.

If you are up late tonight, take a look at the sky as there is a chance that you may see the green shimmering of the Northern Lights. The sun gave us a burst yesterday and it is expected to hit sometime tonight or very early morning. Not sure about southern areas like TX but PA is a good chance with a possibility of IA.

Hope all is well.

no photo
Mon 08/02/10 06:48 AM
Edited by chris_pc on Mon 08/02/10 06:49 AM

Where was everyone last night? sad I popped in here several times inbetween hopping between threads here in 50+.

I popped in a couple of times but the hallways were empty?? So I then broke a promise to myself and stirred up some dust in the "Political Forumn". Someone had to shine the light of reason in there no matter how futile the attempt.

I am having company today which is a rare event and they are bringing some fresh picked farm produce too. Yummy.

Happy Monday to all. (it's a holiday here)

no photo
Sun 08/01/10 06:57 PM

Interesting.

Also shows the tricks still used in the markets

This is about central banking cartels, not markets. Free markets don't use "tricks". Rothschild was head of the Bank of England-the equivalent of our Federal Reserve.

OP-if this subject interests you, read "The Creature From Jeckyll Island" by G. Edward Griffin and "The Mystery Of Banking" by Murray Rothbard.

Great post "Ladylid2012".

The two works mentioned above by "heavenlyboy34" are both must reads.

Last night I watched Michael Moores' "Capitalism: A Love Story" and irregardless of your opinion of him or his works, the movie does have some great points. I especially like and have researched "worker cooperatives" and "employee ownership" of enterprise, which he talks about in the film. I hope to use a mix of these models in my newest business venture, which I am working hard to make successful and meaningful.

Again, good post. I would also suggest reading up on Islamic Banking systems which is gaining popularity in England. The basic premise being that the bank shares and becomes part owner of the business with no interest rates. If the business fails then the bank takes a hit, if the business succeeds, then the bank shares in the wealth in partnership with the owner.

no photo
Sun 08/01/10 06:44 PM
That just may be the best valedictorian speech I have ever read or heard. I especially liked when she said:

"This part of my life is over, and I want to make sure that no other child will have his or her potential suppressed by powers meant to exploit and control. We are human beings. We are thinkers, dreamers, explorers, artists, writers, engineers. We are anything we want to be – but only if we have an educational system that supports us rather than holds us down. A tree can grow, but only if its roots are given a healthy foundation."

You go Erica, make us proud but more importantly, make yourself proud of these fine thoughts and words.

no photo
Sun 08/01/10 06:29 PM
It's a lazy Sunday and a long weekend here in Ontario. I just had to make sure someone made a post on this most wonderful, first day of August.

It looks like we are in the middle of what is known as "The Dog Days of Summer". Usually this means it is the hottest and most humid days of summer, for both person and beast. A time for family to visit or to go visiting. Some farmers can take a break in preparation for the fall harvest that is still away off, yet closer than what the weather would suggest.

I think it's the perfect time to laze around on the porch, conserving our energy under the blaze of the hot sun, while sipping our iced tea or lemonade.

It has been written that The Dog Days are a time of stagnation, represented by a general malaise of spirit or lack of productivity again, mostly due to the heat. indifferent

For me this year, it is like the second coming of spring and with it the effects of spring fever. ill I am rejuvenated and have been struck with a tremendous boost of energy and inspiration resulting in me being the most productive I have been all year. happy

There are still two community events to look forward to, for which I volunteer my time and although I still have not found a full time job, my enthusiasm and confidence remains high.

I have been working on my business plans and making progress, albeit minor but progress nonetheless. I have also begun writing in between organizing and cataloging my research.

So if you feel that you are not especially vigorous and slowing down during the these Dog Days, don't fret, I think I have enough spirit and moxie to go around.

Or...maybe I am just manic and on an upswing. LOL

Nope, I got a creativity boost and no amount of medicine will cure this particular fever.

So I wish everyone a very good Dog Days and may peace, health and happiness be with you always.

waving

no photo
Sun 08/01/10 04:25 PM

I was commenting not responding. There is a difference.

Is that the way it should be, just shut out anyone not from the Fox mold? Ever hear of the concept "Freedom of speech".

what is the fox mold? can we shut people out of it? how do you know about fox if you dont watch it?

I never said I didn't watch Fox, you assume too much.
The original poster requested I stop reading his posts and I reminded him I was free to read and comment or respond.

The Fox mold is simply radical conservatism. I was not intending "mold" to mean a fungus. Mold was supposed to mean that once a mold is cast, all products of that mold are the same. Most (not all) people who believe what Fox has to say are predictable in their social and political views.

Is that more clear for you? I regret the confusion.

I watch Fox on occasion as well as CNN, BBC, CBC and other news sources. I would never get all my news from one place. Now that is fair and balanced.

yea, i agree... fox probably has the most fair and balanced news.
not like that democrat loving msnbc...

If you truly think (which I don't believe you do) that Fox is fair and balanced, then you clearly haven't been paying much attention.
Fair and balanced is when you gather news from many sources, not any one. Fox and MSNBC are the same as Democrats and Republicans, two faces of the same coin.
Now if you were going to be so limited as to only source one news media it would probably be best to go with Reuters.

lol i don't watch either one, i usually watch cnn. i'm neither repub or democrat, there's things i like about them both, and things i hate about both. need one right in the middle, and i'de be happy with it.

I agree
The much needed third party. Somewhere for people like General Colin Powell and Ron Paul, as well as many others.
I am neither left nor right either.

no photo
Sun 08/01/10 04:18 PM

I respect that,,kudos to you

I just see the moviemaking and music making process as more than a one man deal,,,so many people are involved in and count on income from that cd or that movie, that I cant quite jump to boycotting the whole product because ONE of the people involved doesnt fit my personal moral code

I was gonna forego seeing Salt for that same reason, dont care for what Angelina did with brad and generally dont care for her roles either,,,but then, my brother is a screenwriter/actor/director, and I Realize that seeing that move is not about supporting angelina but also about supporting the person who wrote the script, the other actors and actresses, the staff,,etc,,,,

Excellent point that I never gave much thought to before now.
I have learned and will practice this new viewpoint from this day forward.

Thank-you msharmony

seriously? its hard to figure out tone in print,,lol

I am absolutely serious. I have seen your posts and you are wise with a good strong heart. You taught me something new today.
You probably leave more positive impressions than you could ever be aware of.
To quote one of my favorite quotes, which I hope you accept in the spirit in which it is given. It has deeper meaning than the obvious. and I hope you enjoy it.

"To the world you may only be one person but to one person, you may be the world."

no photo
Sun 08/01/10 04:11 PM

I divorced a child molester, Zero tolerence for me as well! If I could I'd have cut his thing off. In your situation I would delete it all, as close to cutting of his as is possible.

That is just horrible. I can't imagine how you must have felt after finding this out.

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 24 25