Community > Posts By > Britty

Britty's photo
Mon 12/15/08 08:51 PM

That has nice lyrics, beauty. I shall have to see if I can find the music.

flowerforyou

Britty's photo
Mon 12/15/08 06:41 PM

No, it does not Krimsa.

You would not be asking their beliefs you would be asking their understanding of certain doctrines.

The bottom line is one has to believe that Jesus is God and the Savior of mankind. He obviously did not.

Going to church does not make Hitler a Christian.
No doubt he would be seen with powerful Christian leaders, what else would gain him the support of so many?

Pictures can lie, so that is not proof of anything.

You don't become a Christian by being photographed with Billy Graham.

I have stated what I have to say on this subject.
so I bid you goodnight.

Britty's photo
Mon 12/15/08 06:29 PM
I love both of those songs Daniel.

As the Deer
Written by Martin Nystrom

Psalm 42:1
"As the hart panteth after the water brooks,
so panteth my soul after thee, O God."

As the deer panteth for the water,
So my soul longs after you.
You alone are my hearts desire,
And I long to worship You.

Chorus
You alone are my strength, my shield;
To You alone may my spirit yield.
and I long to worship You.

I want you more than gold or silver,
Only You can satisfy.
You alone are the real joy giver
And the apple of my eye.

Chorus

You're my friend and You're my brother,
Even though you are a King.
I love You more than any other
So much more than anything.

Chorus

flowerforyou :heart:

Britty's photo
Mon 12/15/08 06:07 PM

Abra,

No sensible person could blame Christianity for Hitlers agenda.

As for the old Testament - there are things in there that are difficult to understand. I do not believe it is something that can be adequately addressed in an online post.

I somewhat understand your questions and concerns with the bible, I cannot fully understand naturally, I am not inside your head. :smile:

I am not denying any influence upon Hitler, and I certainly do not ignore history, when I came from a country that knows too well the evil that man would have perpetrated had he and his 'nazi war machine' not been stopped.

We absolutely should not ignore it and indeed it is incumbent upon any right thinking person to watch the words and actions of those in power.
The words may lie, their actions betray them.

One of Hitler's favorite phrases, which he claimed - very unfairly - to have taken from Mommsen was: "The Jew is the ferment of decomposition in peoples."

Trevor Ravenscroft reveals Hitler tried to combine the ideas of Richard Wagner and Friedrich Nietzsche, two polar opposites themselves, with Wagner holding that Jesus was born of Aryan blood. In this case it is easy to see how this may have developed his belief that Jesus was a German.

If that is the case, then he did not believe that Jesus was God and neither could he believe the bible when God speaks to Abram:

I will make you into a great nation and I will bless you; I will make your name great, and you will be a blessing. I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse; and all peoples on earth will be blessed through you. (Genesis 12:2-3 NIV)

In which case he was not a true Christian.

He knew from the beginning he had to win over the
religious groups in Germany in order to gain power. He used them for his own gain.

I do not label him as an atheist, or any other thing however.

Britty's photo
Mon 12/15/08 05:21 PM

Of course it does not mean I am going to turn off my computer, nor does it mean people should not have the right to bear arms.

Unlike being born in the USA and receiving an automatic birthright, one does not automatically become a Christian.

A Christian at the very least has to believe that Jesus is their savior. Nothing to stop someone keeping the label of Christian, Baptist or Catholic, but they don't necessarily believe.

However, to the naive they may use that in order to get 'something', in his case - power.

Chamberlain had been prepared to believe Hitler’s promise that he had no more demands for territory in Europe, but Czechoslovakia proved that Hitler had lied.

Before 1939, many people in Britain had sympathised with Hitler’s aim for German unity – the Treaty of Versailles gave self-determination to every other country, why not Germany? They had hoped that German had just wanted to be secure and united. But March 1939 made it clear that Hitler’s demands for lebensraum and world domination in Mein Kampf were not just talk. The British realised that they were faced with someone who would take over the world unless he was stopped, by force if necessary.

If a man can lie to a world leader, turn around and kill hundreds of innocent people, why would anyone take the word of such a person to be true without question?

Britty's photo
Mon 12/15/08 04:52 PM
Edited by Britty on Mon 12/15/08 04:54 PM

I don't doubt Hitler was born into a Catholic family and had some familiarity with the religion, enough to use it for his own gain.

In pretty much the same vein as he used the theory of the Aryan race.

"The term Aryan race was used to refer to what they saw as being a master race of people of northern European descent. They worked to maintain the purity of this race through eugenics programs (including anti-miscegenation legislation, compulsory sterilization of the mentally ill and the mentally deficient, the execution of the institutionalized mentally ill as part of a euthanasia program.

Heinrich Himmler (the Reichsfuhrer of the SS), the person ordered by Adolf Hitler to implement the final solution (Holocaust), told his personal masseur Felix Kersten that he always carried with him a copy of the ancient Aryan scripture, the Bhagavad Gita because it relieved him of guilt about what he was doing — he felt that like the warrior Arjuna, he was simply doing his duty without attachment to his actions.[23]

Himmler was also interested in Buddhism and his institute Ahnenerbe sought to mix some traditions from Hinduism and Buddhism"

I do not think we need to blame Hindus or Buddhists for the failings of Himmler or the evil he committed.

Greed and power are the things they seek and they will use anyone or anything to get that.

Britty's photo
Mon 12/15/08 04:29 PM

It appears we have some "lost tribes"

:wink: here, Sharp. :smile:

Britty's photo
Mon 12/15/08 03:21 PM

These are not my favorite verses per se, but
they seem appropriate just lately.

flowerforyou

"Will I dress in such a way so as to bring glory to God, or will I dress in a way that will be pleasant to me?"

The Bible teaches that one should glorify God in the body. In 1 Corinthians 6:20 we read, "For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God’s." The principle is to bring glory to God through the use of one's body and not to bring glory to self. There is a way to dress so as to glorify one's self instead of giving glory to God. Christians, both male and female, should not dress in such a fashion.

James 1:13 (King James Version)

13 Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:

Britty's photo
Sun 12/14/08 05:28 PM

Some really great songs have been mentioned on this page. I love them all.

If We Are The Body - Casting Crowns.
- I like all of their songs, Laura.

HOW BEAUTIFUL

How Beautiful the hands that served
The Wine and the Bread and the sons of the earth
How beautiful the feet that walked
The long dusty road and the hill to the cross
How Beautiful, how beautiful, how beautiful is the body of Christ

How Beautiful the heart that bled
That took all my sins and bore it instead
How beautiful the tender eyes
That chose to forgive and never despise
How beautiful, how beautiful, how beautiful is the body of Christ

And as He lay down His life
We offer this sacrifice
That we will live just as He died
Willing to pay the price
Willing to pay the price

How Beautiful the radiant bride
Who waits for her Groom with His light in her eyes
How Beautiful when humble hearts give
The fruit of pure love so that others may live

How beautiful the feet that bring
The sound of good news and the love of the King
How Beautiful the hands that serve
The wine and the bread and the sons of the Earth
How Beautiful, how beautiful, how beautiful is the body of Christ

flowerforyou

Britty's photo
Sun 12/14/08 05:19 PM

Romans 8.1

There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

God bless you.

flowerforyou

Britty's photo
Sun 12/14/08 05:14 PM

You don't need to lose your shirt to impress a girl, you have a nice smile.

Perhaps you might want to share a little more about you, other interests you may have.

Welcome to the site. I hope you have fun here and make some friends.

flowerforyou

Britty's photo
Sun 12/14/08 05:58 AM

Mathew 6:25 onwards.. KJV

"25 Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment? 26 Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they? 27 Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature? 28 And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin: 29 And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. 30 Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith? 31 Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed? 32 (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things. 33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you."

This is also found in Luke 12.

This is one of my favorite verses because the Lord has shown me how He provides and meets all our needs.

Another one is

from ps 46
"Be still and know that I am God"

We surrender in order to know that God is in control, Ribbono Shel Olam, Master of the Universe. When we give up relying on our own abilities, we are then able to experience God's all-sufficiency, Ex. 14.14.

Britty's photo
Fri 12/12/08 09:48 AM

Oh god, a photo does speak a thousand words. That is better than all the dam quotes combined.

It can also speak a thousand lies.

Britty's photo
Fri 12/12/08 09:43 AM

Krimsa Mein Kampf is a poor argument since it was written long before Hitler came to power.When he was thrown in jail he probably only had 20-30 brown shirt followers if that.If you can find something Hitler said after he was in control of Germany and after he started the war it would have alot more meaning since before the war he was basically a nobody and what he thought about Christianity good or bad wasn't important to anyone.

Our debate is if the Catholics not only supported Hitler but also carried out Hitler's orders.The picture did not impress me.Since Hitler and his SS Army took over and conquered everything in his path it's safe to say the churches were not only targeted because of it's resistance but also the church in general had no choice but to go along with Hitler's movement or die.It was common practice for Nazis to burn churches regardless of denomiation.In the photo both bishops seem to be very uneasy about giving the heil Hitler salute.Neither one of them is doing it right and one even has his eyes closed.Both bishops only have their arm semi erect and it's not high and straight like it should be.Neither one of them looks happy or enthusiastic about it either.It was not uncommon for the Nazis to take photographs and shoot films showing Jews leading normal life's(shopping,gardening,operating stores)while they were shipped to concentration camps.Even after the Jews were sent to concentration camps the Nazis made films showing the Jews leading happy lives in the concentration camps.It was all a lie of course but to the people they were showing these movies to they had no idea the Jews were getting slaughtered in mass numbers.

I would have to say that photo was shot against the will of the bishops for the sole purpose of Nazi propaganda and to give the illusion that the churches stood behind them and their cause.

Spidercmb's quotes are not only more recent but they were quoted after Hitler came to power.

Well put.

Photographs do not equal proof.

The "Cottingley Fairies" are evidence of that.

Britty's photo
Fri 12/12/08 09:12 AM

From the need request I posted above...

I do not have money for household items. I am out of computer paper, dog food, Diabetes medicine, and other things that are necessities and not frivolities.

... my Diabetes medicine I needed ($1.00 co-pay)
... 5-1/2 lbs of dog food ($2.00)
... 4 rolls of T.P.... ($1.00)... lol

Its less than 24 hours since I posted this prayer request, and I have more than when I started.

Oh, I got a dime with that five dollar bill and that one dollar bill. But when I came out of the grocery store where I returned the soda pop bottles, there was a Salvation Army bell ringer standing out in the very cold weather. I think the temperature here in Michigan was about 15 degrees tonight. And this fellow was standing out there ringing his bell for the Salvation Army.

I couldn't just walk past him and not give at least something, so I put the dime into his red can. I know it isn't much, but I am very much needy myself. I stopped for a few moments and I thanked the fellow for standing out there and ringing his bell. I told him it was for a very good cause.

Praise the Lord, and thankyou for sharing.

I am sure the Salvation Army bellringer appreciated you stopping by and showing your appreciation for his efforts.

Mathew 6:25 onwards.. KJV
"25 Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment? 26 Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they? 27 Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature? 28 And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin: 29 And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. 30 Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith? 31 Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed? 32 (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things. 33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you."

flowers waving :banana:

Britty's photo
Thu 12/11/08 04:47 PM
I have read the story of Gilgamesh.

In December 1853, Hormuzd Rassam, assistant to Henry Layard who had begun the dig at Nimrud in 1845, excavated the palace of Assurbanipal at Nineveh and did not realize what he had found until they were translated by a George Smith at the British museum.

There is also another story that contains details about a flood – the Atrahasis Epic. There is debate over which story came first, the Atrahasis Epic or Gilgamesh. In either case it is recognized that the Atrahasis epic is probably the version edited from various materials. So it appears there is an older version from which both accounts derived.

One thing I noticed in the Gilgamesh flood story –the boat seems to be a cube which seems a bit odd for a seaworthy vessel.

Britty's photo
Thu 12/11/08 10:31 AM

I am happy to hear that TM. God is good.

Britty's photo
Tue 12/09/08 03:35 AM

Good morning,

That was lovely to read this morning.

God bless.

flowerforyou :heart: waving

Britty's photo
Tue 12/09/08 03:29 AM

Good morning

Laura, I like the King of Glory, lyrics are lovely.

PK - Welcome back. I happened to notice a couple of threads by your friend Daniel last evening.

It is great to see you in here, and I hope you will both be back among the threads in this community.

Britty's photo
Mon 12/08/08 06:27 PM

"For there will be no mercy for you if you have not been merciful to others. But if you have been merciful, then God's mercy toward you will win out over His judgement against you."

James 2:13 NLT

1 2 13 14 15 17 19 20 21 24 25