Community > Posts By > Marianne

no photo
Thu 02/17/11 05:47 AM
This is a song not a poem I guess some poems can be a song too. I love this:-)

You had me from hello
By Kenney Chesney

One word, that's all you said
Something in your voice called me, turned my head
Your smile, just captured me
You were in my future as far as I could see
And I dont know how it happens, but it happens still
You asked me if I love you, if I always will

Well you had me from hello
I felt love start to grow
The moment I looked into your eyes you won me
It was over from the start you completely stole my heart
And now you won't let go
I never even had a chance you know
You had me from hello

Inside I built a wall
So high around my heart, I thought I'd never fall
One touch, you brought it down
The bricks of my defenses scattered on the ground
And I swore to me I wasn't going to love again
The last time was the last time I'd let someone in

Thats all you said
Something in your voice calls me, turns my head
You had me from hello
You had me from hello
Girl, I've loved you from hello

no photo
Tue 02/15/11 04:32 AM
I am very happy for you tessa. :smile:

no photo
Wed 11/17/10 05:33 AM
really funnylaugh

no photo
Mon 11/15/10 05:25 AM
I love it Allina, thanks for postin it:smile:

no photo
Mon 11/15/10 04:33 AM

"It's All About Me!"

"And that he died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again."
- 2 Corinthians 5:15

"It's all about me!" Isn't that the attitude people seem to have today? Instead of sacrifice, people are looking at ways to make themselves feel better, no matter the cost. This attitude surrounds us, filling our book stores, our magazines, and even our TVs and movies. And unfortunately, it seems this attitude sometimes leaks into the church, and into our personal lives.

Looking at the blessings we have, we have so much to be thankful for. And yet, somehow we forget it and forge ahead, wanting more. Those of us blessed with marriage forget how precious our wife or husband is, and instead take our amazing spouse for granted. Instead of trying to please our spouse, we look for ways that he or she can please us. (Isaiah 56:11)

Perhaps this is just one reason that relationships do fall apart. That we start becoming lovers of ourselves, and not others. That we start focusing on what we can do for ourselves, or on our feelings, and we forget that love is not about getting... but sacrificing (1 Corinthians 13:4-7). Of course, this is just one example of many.

At work we so often focus on our own promotion, that we let our coworkers fall further and further behind... only offering a hand when it will benefit us. With our friends, we are quick to suggest activities that we want to do, but slow to consider other people's thoughts. And even with our parents, we forget to be thankful for the years of sweat they have put in to help us become who we are today; and instead replace thankfulness with a quick temper when they "try to run our lives." (Exodus 20:12)

Now that we are in the season of Thanksgiving, think about all of the blessings you have received. Think about all the amazing, wonderful gifts that God has given you. Now ask yourself, are you using these gifts to share God's love, or are you keeping the blessings and happiness all to yourself? What can you do to help someone, as Christ helped you? (John 13:34)

http://www.simpledevotions.org/2008/11/24/its-all-about-me.html

nice post:smile:

no photo
Mon 11/15/10 04:32 AM

What a wonderful post. I am learning that it not all about me where I work. Its just the opposite really; Its about you. Jesus was our example and is our example. If any man would lead let him serve. The son serves the father. Know ye not that I must be about my father's business? To serve you is a pleasure and it is what I do. It is my meaning of life. Since I have been using that idea at what I find less combativeness. The workman is worthy of his hire. Man does not live by bread alone. Jesus' work was a labour of love. Who could have paid Jesus to die on the cross for our sins? Would you rather serve in heaven or reign in hell? Satan chose to reign in hell but Jesus chose to serve in heaven. But Jesus is King of Kings and Lord of Lords. Because what profit it you if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? Jesus could have chosen to laugh at Satan when Satan tried to tempt him on the hill but instead told Satan to get behind him. Jesus chose rather to serve God than to serve Satan. Jesus let us know this when said he could have called a band of angels to serve him to fight Satan. But he didn't want to challenge Satan's position. He knew that God enlarged hell for those that choose hell. Heaven is large enough for those who choose it. In my house there are many mansions. If it was not so I would not have told you so. You can take the word of Jesus because Jesus is the word. A house divided against itself can not stand. I take Jesus as my saviour; you take him, too. I got a home in glory-land that outshines the sun.
very nice comment:smile:

no photo
Mon 11/15/10 04:29 AM

If you’ve heard the gospel of Christ, and it has taken root in your heart, and is evidenced in your every day walk, then you are even more blessed than Mary, the mother of Jesus.

“As he was speaking, a woman in the crowd called out, “God bless your mother—the womb from which you came, and the breasts that nursed you!” Jesus replied, “But even more blessed are all who hear the word of God and put it into practice.”

nice quote...its good to know that there are still men who are true christian like you.:smile:

no photo
Mon 11/15/10 04:25 AM

In Luke 21 Jesus teaches some signs of the last of the last days and He says that as trees produce leaves indicative that summer is near, likewise, when these signs happen, you will know the kingdom of God is near. And He says, “Be on guard, so that your minds are not dulled from drunkenness and carousing.” But that’s not all that can dull our minds for He also listed “The worries of life”. Stay sharp. Don’t worry!
very well said MichaelAT44 and CowboyGH:smile:

no photo
Mon 11/15/10 04:23 AM

IF FINDING A PARTNER TO BE WITH THE REST OF YOUR LIFE IS THAT MUCH OF A SIGNIFICANCE TO YOU, THAN WHY WOULDN'T YOU WAIT? WAIT & GET TO KNOW THE PERSON, FRIENDSHIP IS THE KEY TO THE DOOR OF LOVE & HAPPINESS & WHETHER YOU HAVE THE KEY OR A LOCK PICK, YOU WILL ONLY SET YOURSELF UP FOR FAILURE WHETHER IT BE IN A FEW DAYS, MONTHS, OR EVEN YEARS. MOST PEOPLE FALL IN LOVE IN A MONTH OR EVEN IN A FEW DAYS, & THEY WONDER WHY THERE RELATIONSHIP FAILS, & I HAVE SUFFERED IN THE MISCONCEPTION OF LOVE & HAPPINESS. I'VE TRIED & TRIED, IS WAS LIKE ("LOVE IN FIRST SIGHT, MY LIFE WAS WRONG BUT YOU MADE IT FEEL RIGHT") SOMETIMES WE HAVE A CERTAIN AMOUNT OF LOVE IN OUR HEARTS & WE JUST WISH WE CAN FIND SOMEBODY WHO HAS THAT SAME AMOUNT OR MORE SO WE CAN SHARE THIS UNBELIEVABLE EMOTION WITH ONE ANOTHER. SO WHY WOULDN'T YOU TAKE THE TIME THAT IS NEEDED TO FALL IN LOVE WITH SOMEBODY BUT WITH NO SELFISH INTENTIONS. GIVE, LOVE, & RESPECT. & TO THOSE WOMEN WHO I MIGHT MEET IN THE FUTURE & HOPEFULLY MARRY ONE OF YOU =) "I SAY IF YOU GOT BAGGAGE, I WOULD LOVE TO HELP YOU UNPACK". TAKE THE TIME TO GET TO KNOW ONE ANOTHER AS FRIENDS, & EVEN IF THEY DRIFT AWAY TO ANOTHER WOMAN OR MAN OR VICE VERSA, THAN YOU KNOW THEY WEREN'T FOR YOU. ONE DAY WITH LOVE, COMPASSION, & PATIENCE I TRULY BELIEVE ANY ONE CAN FIND THEIR TRUE LOVE/SOUL MATE/THE WHOLE ENCHILADA :) SO LOVE ONE ANOTHER & GIVE WITH OUT THE INTENT OF RECEIVING ANYTHING IN RETURN. WITH MUCH LOVE & RESPECT

P.S.
THROUGH THE LORD & ANY RELIGION YOU CHOOSE TO FOLLOW, THE LORD WILL GUIDE YOU THROUGH BUT IT'S UP TO YOU RECOGNIZE THE SIGNS IN YOUR LIFE. I PRAY THAT EVERY ONE THAT READS THIS, WILL OPEN THEIR MINDS, HEARTS, & LET THE HOLY SPIRIT GUIDE THEM, I LOVE YOU ALL & I WISH EVERY ONE THE BEST..

P.S.S.
(ESPECIALLY NO SEX UNTIL MARRIAGE)
very nice:smile:

no photo
Sun 11/14/10 04:42 AM
nice:smile:

no photo
Tue 10/19/10 08:16 PM

As words flow across the screen
Relationships are discussed
Positions dreamed,
Frustration intensifies
You say fate has brought us together
But circumstances ever let us be as one.....
love it:smile:

no photo
Tue 10/19/10 08:14 PM
Very nice:smile:

no photo
Tue 10/19/10 08:14 PM
wow nice...that girl is lucky and sexy too. :smile: Goodluck

no photo
Tue 10/19/10 08:02 PM

I think men and women can be just friends, as long as the friendship is on an equal footing. But if one of the friends loves the other, then it gets complicated.

I'm dealing with this situation myself at the moment. I have a long-term male friend, but I've just recently started dating someone.
My friend is hurt because he was hoping our friendship would develop into something more, and I'm feeling guilty that by dating someone else I'm hurting my friend.

I'm hoping that it will get easier with time.
Very true:smile:

no photo
Tue 10/19/10 08:00 PM

Hey Guys......if you liked a girl alot and she doesn't feel the same but really values your friendship....could you be her friend?

It would depend on the friend. I have a married friend like that. I have had lesbian friends like that. I had two marriages like that. Are we talking present tense of past tense here?
:smile:

no photo
Sun 10/17/10 06:34 AM

can anyone in us tell me how to call the phillipines?

Just dial +63 plus the number you are calling

I am from the philippines also. Goodluck to your search.

mary ann

no photo
Tue 10/12/10 06:54 PM
No I dont write poems I just like reading poems thats all. Thanks CyPoet:smile:

no photo
Tue 10/12/10 05:36 AM
But Little Did I Know

I remember like it was yesterday, the day I first saw your face.
I remember your smile so vividly, your beauty and your grace.
But little did I know. I could not comprehend,
that you would touch my life so much by becoming my best friend.

Your hand embraced with mine, the star lit sky did see
How, although my chest was pounding, I dropped down to one knee.
I didn't think my heart had room, for my love to grow
There's just no way to love you more, but how little did I know.

Dressed in white, our eyes then met, standing in that sacred room.
When we both agreed to be man and wife my love for you did bloom.
I cannot explain. My heart just grew. I've never felt this way.
But little did I know, that I'd love you more each day.

The memories remain, yet those days are now long past.
The time has gone so sweet and slow, but at the same time fast.
My love for you is greater now, than it ever was before.
But little do I know right now, how much I'll love you more.

- Travis Alcorn

no photo
Tue 10/12/10 05:21 AM
very nice poem:-)

no photo
Tue 10/12/10 04:20 AM
:smile: