Community > Posts By > Gentoo

Gentoo's photo
Sat 05/13/23 06:03 PM
San Diego, California

Gentoo's photo
Thu 04/13/17 01:33 PM
I used to say age is just a number but based on a last relationship, I have changed my view on that sort of. It's complicated for me; I dated a girl 20 years younger. Longest relationship I ever had actually. Problem wasn't intelligence, she had that. Wasn't maturity (for the most part), she had that. It was the lack of certain life experiences. When things get tough, you need someone who can keep up with you and not make mistakes you've already learned from.

Contrast this with the girl I dated after her who was only a few years younger than me. She had probably too much life experience. Her problem is she was as dumb as a box of rocks. These experiences tell me two things; 1. everyone is different regardless of age and 2. I suck at picking them LOL.

Gentoo's photo
Thu 04/13/17 01:21 PM
Wow, not many from San Diego here.

Gentoo's photo
Sat 10/04/14 11:19 AM

good topic

I do believe the 'hook up' culture kind of diminishes the culture of 'chivalry' to being unnecessary.

I also believe that people learn from example and we do have fewer young people raised in homes and environments where women are cherished.

I also believe its hard for some to justify cherishing and seeing as equal. I believe alot of the 'feminism' that insists everything be the same for both genders, causes chivalry to be seen as discriminatory and condescending by many.

Its a matter of finding partners with similar values. It always has been.
Perfectly said. 100% agree with everything :)

Gentoo's photo
Fri 10/03/14 08:53 PM
Interesting question. let's flip it; how many of us contact someone we wouldn't dream of "doing" in any capacity?

Gentoo's photo
Fri 10/03/14 08:44 PM
Love is all around. You can see it in the eyes of a mother and her child and see it in the eyes of a friend.

Ok, cheesy song lyrics aside, they do ring true though. There are different kinds of love as mentioned so I'm not sure if it's possible to live without it.

Gentoo's photo
Mon 04/15/13 06:23 PM
I too am a musician but no. Granted I do electronic dance music, nonetheless most songs that are memorable and people like to hum or sing along to tend to be more repetitive. Even in classical music, simple was often the most catchy. just compare Wagner and Beethoven. the former was rather complex but his music isn't memorable to most people. Almost everyone recognizes Beethoven's music even it they don't know he was the composer. His music was dynamic but relatively simple.

Gentoo's photo
Tue 05/26/09 06:08 PM
Yes just go through and start "guessing" and voting yes or maybe on member profiles. If they voted yes or maybe on yours, then you'll see them in your MM area.

Providing the feature works for you.

Gentoo's photo
Fri 05/08/09 01:38 PM

okay--- someone just wrote me
a guy saying:
title- yuck
body- you are so not sexy, but give you credit for trying lol

i looked at his profile, i could so pick out lots of faults in just his pictures-
instead i wrote back
thank you
appreciate the feedback

why do people feel they need to do that?
are they insecure? or just mean/rude?

i think that he sees a photo of a woman who looks very sexy and beautiful, but also sees her as being unattainable to a guy like him, so he needs to put her down so that the onus of the rejection is on her, instead of his own lacking qualities.

kudos to you for being so kind in your response; i would have just told him to f@ck himself as no one else probably would.
Speaking of sexy womenlove

But I agree with this response 100%

Gentoo's photo
Fri 05/08/09 01:31 PM
I think you would have to search through them again.

Gentoo's photo
Thu 05/07/09 07:30 PM

People often dont respond to people without a picture. Without knowing you from posting here, i would delete any message you sent to me.

Yep me too. I talk to know one without a picture.

Gentoo's photo
Wed 05/06/09 06:43 PM
Thanks for the reply Charles. :)

Gentoo's photo
Tue 05/05/09 08:51 PM
Yes but it's not always the same profile or profiles. Sometimes, it will go to another then back to one then to another (sometimes the same other but not always) then back and get stuck on one over and over. If I do something else and go back it may do it again.

It actually hasn't worked right for me since mingle changed from justsayhi. I use another site with a similar way of picture voting and it never happens there. When I posted this my new system was literally just getting started and I came on mingle to re-establish it in the browser and I checked the mutual match since I know I had no cache and it still does the same thing.

Gentoo's photo
Mon 05/04/09 10:13 PM
and it's NOT a caching issue! I just built a brand new system and reinstalled windows and everything. This is the very first time I've been on mingle2 with this brand new system and the mutual match still doesn't work properly. There's no cache to empty.

Just thought you might wanna know.

Gentoo's photo
Sun 05/03/09 10:13 AM
How's you state as it comes to smoking? If you're a smoker, California will seem hostile toward you. You cannot smoke in most public places now, indoor or outdoor. You cannot even smoke now within 25 feet of a bus stop or train or trolley station now. I'm not a smoker so it doesn't bother me at all.

Gentoo's photo
Sun 05/03/09 09:54 AM
Edited by Gentoo on Sun 05/03/09 09:55 AM

The only places to avoid in California are 1. the deserts. Hotter than hell in summer and drier than an oven. 2. the Central Valley. It's flat, looks like the Midwest actually and also really hot in summer.

I would say coastal Northern California would perhaps best suit you. It does for me. Just google Marin and Sonoma counties and take a look for yourself. You can also try Santa Cruz and Monterey Counties. make sure you google images as well.

i need scotland without the rain!

Closest you are gonna get to that is Oregon or Washington state...but, still with rain and bad @ssed winters.

Do what my Dad did...hopped on his motorcycle...did two laps around the country and settled where the people were the friendliest...Abilene Texas.

You get used to 100+ temps
laugh laugh laugh

Gentoo's photo
Sun 05/03/09 12:01 AM

Thanks for the advice Gentoo...I am already doing internet reseach on California but skipped SF because of price. I will revisit this on my search.:smile:
No problem. The East Bay is awesome!

Gentoo's photo
Sat 05/02/09 11:57 PM
Edited by Gentoo on Sat 05/02/09 11:58 PM

I would love to live in San Francisco but sooooooooo expensive!!!
Normal people like us don't live in the city. We live in places near it which are more affordable.

San Francisco is a great city, did not know anything was affordable there.......I will check it out. Want to move to California at some point.:smile:
Don't think of the whole Bay Area as San Franciso. SF is a city and county all by itself. Oakland and Berkeley are in Alameda County. San Jose is in Santa Clara County. Each area, while still very nor cal, are distinct within the Bay Area. The East Bay is more affordable than "the city". Almost every place is.

Gentoo's photo
Sat 05/02/09 11:54 PM

Hmm < just looked out the window , no copter size bugs . Hurricaines on the other hand are something you need to cinsider , nothing like living in a place that for half the year you have to worry bout loosing everything

Ha! My brother lived in your Pensacola before. Fire ants!

He left a bag of dog found in the trunk of his car and the next morning his car was full of those ants.
Wow, doesn't sound like that place is meant for people to live in LMAO!

Gentoo's photo
Sat 05/02/09 11:49 PM

I would love to live in San Francisco but sooooooooo expensive!!!
Normal people like us don't live in the city. We live in places near it which are more affordable.

Previous 1 3 4