Community > Posts By > Aton_ra

no photo
Thu 08/26/10 01:52 AM
If you believe that "who you are is what you know" then you must also be thinking that so many people are becoming so much alike, so fast.

I say this because most people in the West and increasingly in the East are doing the same things day in and day out. For example watching similar TV shows and programming everywhere, getting exposed to the same news stories all around the world, wearing increasingly similar clothing, etc. etc.

Don't you think they make an easy herd to Sheppard?

no photo
Sat 08/21/10 01:20 AM
What I meant was:

If you ask an atheist the question. (Is there a god?)
The atheist's answer would be: No.

Now, how can the atheist be sure of her/his answer.
The point is that the atheist does not know if there is a god or there isn't a god, just like every one else (even the pope).

Since an atheist does not know if there is or isn't a god, hence she/he is an agnostic (like myself).

no photo
Wed 08/18/10 01:15 AM
That is why I get too many headaches. Thanks for the post.

no photo
Wed 08/18/10 01:02 AM
Think about it. It is impossible to prove or disprove the existence of god.

An atheists is a person who denies or disbelieves the existence of a supreme being or beings.

An agnostic is a person who holds that the existence of the ultimate cause, as god, and the essential nature of things are unknown and unknowable, or that human knowledge is limited to experience.

Since no one can be conclusively certain of the existence of supreme beings, including atheists. Therefore an atheist is an agnostic.