Community > Posts By > Jetbee

Jetbee's photo
Fri 03/20/20 11:30 AM

Please see #4 in Frequently Asked Forum Questions pinned at the top of this forum and follow the instructions.

http://cpn.mingle2.com/topic/579960

Thank you.

Di
Site Moderator

My birthday is wrong by one day (and has been forever) only on the mobile app. It is correct on the computer version of Mingle 2. I have tried to correct it dozens of times... saved the change and it immediately goes back to the incorrect date. There appears to be a glitch with the mobile app.

Jetbee's photo
Thu 10/10/19 06:53 PM
Edited by Jetbee on Thu 10/10/19 06:54 PM

Humm all I can say is don't live in the South... For here in Texas we call others sweetie, baby, & hon.... on a regular bases...

I call all of my nephews and nieces sweetie when I talk to them..

And no it is not only family I say that too.. here it is common~~

Calling family or friends a term of endearment is entirely different than what we are talking about here. I call my friends Sweetie/Honey, etc too but I don't walk up to a complete stranger and call them Sweetie or say Hi Handsome to a guy walking past me.

Actually I said it is not a family/friend thing.. yes I do say it to complete strangers.. Sweetie, it is a Southern thang~~drinker

If a man walked up to a woman here (a complete stranger) and called her Dear or Sweetie, he would likely get his face slapped!

Jetbee's photo
Thu 10/10/19 06:38 PM

Hello jetbeewaving

when it comes to the use of the word "dear" there is often a cultural misunderstanding online of what the word means .
Dear .. used as a salutation in letter writing does not carry the same meaning as when granny calls her relatives dear or a husband calls his wife dear . Many from other countries do not understand this concept . Their intention is likely not to offend .. they may think they are using appropriate etiquette ( as in writing a letter ) .

Chin up .... and focus on what you enjoy about the site . At least you have the power to send them to the mingle wastelands flowerforyou

The people who have been calling me Dear etc. have all been from either Canada or the U.S. so I really don't think it is a cultural difference. It seems to me that it's more of an entitlement issue. Just because women on a dating site does not mean they should be subjected to a lack of respect by any man. My user name is Jetbee not Dear, Sweetie, etc.

I appreciate your comments. Yes, I am very grateful for the blocking feature on here... not just for this issue but for many other problems!

Jetbee's photo
Thu 10/10/19 06:30 PM

You know what, I wish topics like that would be the biggest problem people have.
To everyone, if someone calls me "dear", I feel honored and blessed, no matter whether they are scammers or not. It's a word, no action. A word I can accept or tolerate, nothing to be excited about.
We have much bigger problems to deal with in this world than being called "dear"
Wake up please

Excuse me? Wake up to what? Strangers calling me a name that is a term of endearment? I think not.

Jetbee's photo
Thu 10/10/19 06:25 PM

Humm all I can say is don't live in the South... For here in Texas we call others sweetie, baby, & hon.... on a regular bases...

I call all of my nephews and nieces sweetie when I talk to them..

And no it is not only family I say that too.. here it is common~~

Calling family or friends a term of endearment is entirely different than what we are talking about here. I call my friends Sweetie/Honey, etc too but I don't walk up to a complete stranger and call them Sweetie or say Hi Handsome to a guy walking past me.

Jetbee's photo
Thu 10/10/19 03:38 PM

laugh

OT... Nope, doesn't bother me at all. In fact I wish more men would call me dear. bigsmile

I will direct these jerks to your profile then.

Thanks! Awww, come on Jetbee.... it's probably best to lighten up some. I get how you're feeling though.

Hang out in the forums and just delete or ignore the ones you aren't interested in. flowerforyou drinker

Actually, I have a great sense of humor but this issue is beyond annoying. And, to have people carry it on here in the forums makes me realize that I need to move on and not post here anymore.

Thank you and take care.

Jetbee's photo
Thu 10/10/19 03:33 PM
Edited by Jetbee on Thu 10/10/19 03:33 PM

Nobody calls me Dear, but I get called Handsome. Bloody hate that word

grumble

I hear ya...

Interesting that the only person getting a rough time in this thread is me. Two men have mentioned what they dislike being called and not even a word said to them. This only proves my point...

Jetbee's photo
Thu 10/10/19 02:36 PM
Edited by Jetbee on Thu 10/10/19 02:40 PM

laugh

OT... Nope, doesn't bother me at all. In fact I wish more men would call me dear. bigsmile

I will direct these jerks to your profile then.

Jetbee's photo
Thu 10/10/19 02:10 PM
Thanks so much for the reply. Glad to know that it is happening to others and not just to women. I appreciate your advice about the scammers but, in my experience, being called "Dear" has not been the only tip-off. It appears that the majority of men contacting me are scammers so I have been very cautious and don't trust anyone.

Jetbee's photo
Thu 10/10/19 01:59 PM
Edited by Jetbee on Thu 10/10/19 02:11 PM
Hi everyone. Haven't posted in the forums prior to this but I need to address a bothersome issue and wonder how others feel about it...

I have been on this site over a year now and the one thing that really bugs me is when men call me "Dear (or Sweetheart or Beautiful, etc)". I wouldn't even let my late husband call me "Dear" because I hate it so much... that term is condescending and, IMHO, is just plain rude to use with a woman you don't know or have never even met. In my profile, I have nicely asked not to be called by those names but it is still happening on a daily basis. :angry: I have replied to a couple of them asking what part of that request they don't understand but, now, I'm just immediately blocking those men.

Does it bother any other women/men here?