Community > Posts By > LucyFay

no photo
Mon 02/19/18 11:40 AM

Haha it's sort of innocent I'd say, I get turned on by playing with my girl's hair or by cutting it.
Hair on her head, nothing to do with genitals

If a man ever offers to cut my hair, I guess I won’t have to guess where our relationship is headed. what

no photo
Mon 02/19/18 10:08 AM
If there are no issues with differnces in maturity and communication, it shouldn’t matter. I rhink those are probably the biggest obstacles to overcome.

no photo
Mon 02/19/18 08:47 AM
A soul laid bare

A canvass laid bare calls
out for a lover’s touch,
longing for the caress
of bristle and brush.

A tentative stroke. Gentle caresses
turn passionate and eager,
until reaching crescendos
that burgeon over with fever.

Pores slaking up greedily
emotions wash-ed over flesh,
coming at last to a completion
that’s half birth and half death.

Sated on muddy palette lay
dewy strands of soft sable hair.
A full canvass, unvarnished
for a soul that’s laid bare.

Note: I’ll define some of the painting references so both meanings are clear to all, though many may not care about the artist angle. Lol!

Wash: dilute
Pallett: color mixing surface
Soft sable hair: brush type
Varnish: protective coat

no photo
Sun 02/18/18 07:30 PM
One of my closest friends in high school was a guy. When he went away to college we stayed in touch for a few years. We hadn’t spoken in 5 years when we saw each other again at our high school reunion. After being apart for so long we must have slipped out of the “friend zone” because we discovered an attraction that was very different from our original friendship. We dated for several years and had a very special relationship while it lasted. happy

no photo
Sun 02/18/18 07:09 PM
I need to restring my ukulele.

no photo
Sun 02/18/18 06:48 AM
Beauty alone, does not a lasting relationship make.

no photo
Sun 02/18/18 06:41 AM
Good morning Doug. waving

The halls look pretty empty on an early Sunday morning.

no photo
Sun 02/18/18 06:33 AM
I don’t wish to watch someone I love destroy themselves if they take their substance of choice too far. I think someone with no substance habit now has a significantly better chance of not becoming a substance abuser later.

no photo
Sun 02/18/18 06:11 AM
I couldn’t be called a cheepskate while spending money on non-essential art supplies. But I shop for bargains and consider them essential enough to my mental and spiritual helth, which might earn me a spot on the frugality list. At least in small print at the bottom.

no photo
Sun 02/18/18 05:57 AM

I started being involved with virtual communities like this one, after my marriage finally collapsed entirely, and I needed to find some way to meet people other than at work (strict prohibition on socializing there).

So I joined POF, and chanced upon their then vibrant forums. Sadly, the owner of that site decided to stick an ice pick in the neck of the forum community, so that died. I tried out an intriguing forum with nominally high ideals called Rational Skepticism for a while, but they devolved into a narrow in-crowd club of about a half dozen people who believed it was a sign of genius to be rude, so I left there.

I can't stand Facebook, because they seem to go out of the way to make it nearly impossible to do anything without spending HOURS just trying to work out how their obscure systems function. I still can't figure out how to send messages to anyone there, save when the friends I have linked to, post something I can comment on.

For the moment, there are a few very interesting and thoughtful people here who say things worth discussing, and there are some good monitors who see to it that we stay civil, which many forums I've glanced at don't have. There's no point to trying to talk to people who think lashing out with insults and rude names, is a form of personal accomplishment.

My real ultimate goal, is to find a new mate. Hence the "Dating Site" involvement. But I also like that when there is a forum, I have a chance to see lot more about someone before I risk investing in them as much as is needed to try them out as a mate, so I prefer places that still have one.

A friend urged me to make a POF account too. Knowing your experience has saved me the time and trouble. Thank you.

no photo
Sat 02/17/18 07:19 PM
Edited by LucyFay on Sat 02/17/18 07:21 PM
-

no photo
Sat 02/17/18 07:11 PM

if u find tht special someone would u relocate or take pains to visit?

If I’ve fallen in love, I have to assume he lives close enough for me to be seeing him regularly. So if the love was mutual and we saw a future together, I would consider it. Or he might consider moving for me.

If he lived very far away, probably not. I don’t imagine I’d have been with him enough to fall in love.

no photo
Sat 02/17/18 02:04 PM
I've been on a few non-dating forums like WetCanvas. There is a time and place for them. Sometimes I want to talk about more than art. :-p

no photo
Sat 02/17/18 12:34 PM

Can a girl expect to fall in love with a man (ps: not below 36) who will support her emotionally as well as financially and let her pursue her dreams.... or is it pure foolishness to expect something like this ?

I like to think any loving couple will support each other emotionally.

I think everyone hopes that a loving partner would be eager to help them make their dreams come true, especially if they are financially able.

Just be mindful that the other partner would be hoping for the same level of devotion too.

If you meet this paragon of a man, I hope you take the time to consider his emotional support and what financial sacrifices you would be willing to make to see his dreams come true as well.

If you are as willing as he is, then you may really have something. flowerforyou

no photo
Sat 02/17/18 12:11 PM

Please explain your opinion why you think that SEX is good before or after marriage.

I think sex is good before marriage for the same reason it's good after marriage. It's sex.

no photo
Sat 02/17/18 08:02 AM
I can relate and struggled hard with this myself.

We all want the "do what you love and you'll never work a day in your life"...life.

With creative types like us, it becomes a little more complicated than a musician who practices until their fingers bleed to gain a spot on a symphony.

For the juggling, cat trainer and amateur chef with the amazing scrapbooks, it's not that straight-forward, or all that lucrative. :^p

Most people adjust to a life in a career they can tolerate enough to pay for the life they want to lead, instead of making the life they want to lead pay for the responsibilities and necessities they have to tolerate.

I have found a middle ground in finding a position that, while not exactly my passion, allows me to work near enough to it to keep my passionate side content at my work. When I get home, I can slip happily back into cat training mode.

JK on the cat training. I paint and my middle ground is a job with an art dealer.

no photo
Sat 02/17/18 07:43 AM
Their unrequited love hurts you.

Your unrequited love hurts them.

Unless someone is incapable of feeling the pain they cause others, they equally suck.

oops Can I say suck?

1 3 Next