Community > Posts By > 1967Michael

1967Michael's photo
Sat 08/23/14 01:01 AM
Greetings from Toronto - East York specifically. Just lookingto play a game of pool with a nice girl.. Who knows?... It could be fun. I find there's less pressure than a regular date & even if there's no chemistry, you may just gain a good friend.

1967Michael's photo
Wed 08/20/14 08:23 AM
Edited by 1967Michael on Wed 08/20/14 08:27 AM
I've just moved back to Toronto from the Barrie area and I'd love to meet a girl who's your interested in an evening of playing pool. It doesn't matter if you're a pool shark or haven't played before. I just don't like the scary idea of an actual date. This is a more relaxed environment. If you have another idea, just let me know.

Maybe if there's chemistry, we could meet again for a walk, a beer or a movie... or something you'd prefer.

I'm 6'1", about 190 lbs and my background is Irish. I have a bit of a wacky sense of humour and can carry on an intellectual conversation too.

Message me if you're interested.

Michael

1967Michael's photo
Fri 08/15/14 04:35 PM
It's better to burn out than fade away. (My, my.. Hey, hey)

1967Michael's photo
Sun 09/19/10 12:12 AM

You seem to be doing everything you can to save what you have....the best of luck to you. It's nice to see someone that actually wants to save their marriage instead of simply walking away from the problemflowerforyou

Thanks.... She's worth keeping. The problem I have is that when I bring up important issues like money, intimacy and how to deal with the clutter (she has trouble getting rid of things), the conversation hits a brick wall.

I like to deal with things now & not go to bed angry. She, on the other hand, would rather "talk about it later". Of course, the issue is swept under the rug, which just makes things worse.

Of course, these issues fester and cause resentment. It's difficult to talk through a brick wall.

1967Michael's photo
Sun 09/12/10 02:06 PM
Thanks for your reply....

I do have some hope that we can still work things out, and hope that this break will only be temporary.

I think we have too much to lose as a family if we don't first try "dating" and getting to know each other again.

Only after some serious effort and after some time to breathe separately will I know conclusively that I must move on. Only then will I date others.

If someone else special comes into my life, although it might be tempting, I'd have to decline on getting closer until I've done everything to first save my marriage.

1967Michael's photo
Sun 09/12/10 12:42 PM
After 2 children and some very challenging times, mostly due to money and my wife's hoarding, the time has come to make a decision.

We have 2 beautiful children, one in grade one another less than a year old.

Our relation started out as many others, and we had an average sex life. Unfortunately, that area suffered so much that for months, we were not intimate at all.

I have emotional and physical needs and like most men, feel more connected if we are intimate. Unfortunately, my wife feels disconnected, will not initiate any cuddling, intimacy or leisure activities. She says she needs to feel love in order to do all of those things.

We went through an extremely difficult time with money, mostly due to her spending. At one point, our only vehicle was temporarily repossessed, collectors were calling and I went through such a challenging time that I had to check myself in for a psychiatric evaluation.

My wife spent money on new clothes, new toys for my daughter and other things, unfortunately, mostly on credit. She hid her spending from me until the calls started from collectors.

Eventually, we were able to speak with a (no-cost) credit counselling service, and were able to have the interest stopped, so we are paying principal only.

Now, our financial situation has improved somewhat, but it is nowhere near perfect. Of course, this caused such stress on our relationship that it doesn't appear to be reversible.

I am on this site only as Im looking for answers from people who may have gone through the same thing and survived it all. If my separation is permanent, I may look into to dating again, but it would certainly have to wait for a while.

Does anyone have any opinions or advise for me?

"Confused and seeking answers"