Community > Posts By > Unique_Monique

Unique_Monique's photo
Mon 12/15/08 12:56 AM
I lived in Montana my entire life. I just recently moved out of Montana to be with my husband (whom I met on here).

Unique_Monique's photo
Mon 12/15/08 12:53 AM
I know what you mean! I meant the perfect guy on here but he lived on the other side of the country! So you know what I did? I realized that I was on a dating site for a reason. I was tired of being hurt and I wanted to find someone worthy of my affection.... I decided I didn't care about the distance and moved to be with him. That man is now my husband <3. The fact that I met my husband on this site hopefully will inspire you to not look at the distance the person lives but instead how close they have grown in your heart. I would like to add as a safety note that DO NOT MOVE FOR SOMEONE YOU HAVE ONLY TALKED TO A SHORT TIME! I talked to my husband for a year online and on the phone before I moved to be w/ him.

Unique_Monique's photo
Fri 05/30/08 12:01 PM
I met a guy on this site who lived in Wisconsin and I live in Montana. Due to the distance we were just friends. We talked on the phones for hours every day and really got to know each other. In fact, I could honestly say he became my best friend. As of May 12th, that man is my husband. I think the distance and just being friends at first actually turned out to be a great thing because there was no pressure and we really got to know each other for who we are. Case in point, long distance relationships do work.

Unique_Monique's photo
Wed 10/31/07 11:22 PM
I don't think they intend to play games. A lot of women don't realize that men have been hurt too in the past and it is my personal belief that they don't realize they are playing games, they are on a subconscious level trying to protect themselves from being hurt. Let me tell you a story about myself. I met someone on here who is wonderful. We talked for hours via IM and on the phone. Having recently left a horrible relationship myself, I found myself not trusting him even though I was falling for him. An oxymoron, I know. LOL The more we talked the harder I fell for him however I could not get the past out of my head and I had to know if he was lying. I thought it seemed too good to be true. Me and this guy had become myspace friends as well and I proceeded to create a fake myspace profile to talk to him and find out how sincere he truly is. Eventually I had to tell him the truth. I'm not the kind of person that lies or plays games. I didn't even realize how much my past had effected me until I had done this. He won't talk to me anymore because of my actions and I don't blame him. The moral of the story is that sometimes people don't intend to play games, they are just scared of what might come. If you find someone playing games, don't give up on them, talk to them about why they felt they had to play the game and you might be surprised to the insight you receive. However don't be fooled, there are some people that thrive on drama. It's up to you to figure out who is who. Good Luck!

Unique_Monique's photo
Wed 10/31/07 09:52 PM
Trust is the key component missing in relationships. So many of us have been hurt in the past and live our lives hidden behind a wall that many of don't even realize we have. Although we love and our hearts reach out, we doubt those who tempt to reach in.

Unique_Monique's photo
Wed 10/31/07 03:54 AM
Hello, my name is Monique and I am new on here. I was surprised at just how many people are on here. LOL Well, I just wanted to say hi to everyone else who got bored (that's my excuse for being here LOL) or is tired of meeting Mr./Ms. Wrong. I wish everyone the best of luck and please cross your fingers for me.