Community > Posts By > TWONEFN

TWONEFN's photo
Thu 07/21/11 03:05 AM
"like parking spaces, all the good ones are gone and whats left are the handicap ones and the ones too far away". no, no, no. the ones up front are the most popular obviously, but do you want to compete for his attention once you start mingling? also, perhaps the ones up front say something about the amount of effort they are willing to put forth to get inside. lazy bums. and, most of the really 'good ones' are out there by themselves...just watch out for the ones that take up two or three spots....diagonally. they feel a little too good about themselves and their possessions. if you still come up empty handed, he is probably still driving around looking too (or lost and wont ask for directions)

TWONEFN's photo
Sun 07/17/11 04:19 AM
wow, old post but I couldn't resist. plus it seems to be an eternal theme. to answer the original questions from a dads perspective: where do we find the time? it definitely is a 'package deal' the first few years. i felt if the suitors couldn't hang with me and my offspring @ a playground, amusement park, camping or a dinner, what should 'we' expect down the road? its a long road.... as the little ones got older, they made friends and sleepovers became windows of opportunity....a tad older and i could trust them to tell me if the sitter was an evil, demonic, freak once i left. older still and my son has the grass cut by friday afternoon, and his little sister keeps us all in check by making sure we don't mix lights with darks. "where do we fit in?" its the other way around. we are the norm....'we' are a family and outsiders must fit with us. in a few more years they will all be off to college and on their own, and i hope they have learned through/with me, suitors must fit with them; don't settle. then, i will have nothing but time..... enjoy them while you can :)

TWONEFN's photo
Sat 07/16/11 06:51 AM
with all due respect, I must ask how you ended up living there (Italy)? almost sounds like you're stranded. regardless, there are good suggestions here from rainbow & totage. work won't cure depression, but it will take your mind off it. plus, it will force you to learn from the locals. and, i'm sure you will meet 'A True Italian Friend' through work as their curiosity of your language/culture will draw them learn more about you . maybe someplace that interacts with tourism such as a hotel a they may benefit from your native language? in your off time, get out there and enjoy the new country you're in (alot of folks save a long time time visit there) and enjoy the food/sights/culture. it should be exciting, not depressing; unless you're stranded. hang in there and it will eventually come together for you. keep us posted :)