Community > Posts By > Rufftreasure

Rufftreasure's photo
Mon 04/30/18 09:42 AM

The advantages and disadvantages even themselves out. For example, a tall person and a short person go to the supermarket. The tall person can get things off the top shelf without straining. The short person can get things off the bottom shelf without bending their legs.

I usually climb in hopes that some tall man will stop to help me... sometimes it work, but mostly it ends up being women slaphead

laugh

I stand there and jump up and down, pointing. Usually someone takes pity to help. I got a real tall Wal-Mart person who happened to be one of the big managers. She was able to see the dilemma that short people experience. She said you get those workers to help you anytime, cuz I'm afraid we can't lower the shelves anytime soon!! Hahahahahahahaha

Rufftreasure's photo
Mon 04/30/18 09:36 AM

I'm 4'11"
But I have a really fine step stool:smile:

Me too! waving

Ohhhhh it's nice to find kindred short people!!

I'm old too, so it's very important for me that I can be independent.
I also have a cordless drill, and a nice basic tool kit.:smile:

Rufftreasure's photo
Sat 04/28/18 05:22 PM
I'm 4'11"
But I have a really fine step stool:smile:

Rufftreasure's photo
Sat 04/28/18 03:41 PM
I've tried marriage, and have come to realize I wasn't meant for it.
Glad I have my children who are all grown and have their own homes and families. I'm also glad that I have solitude and independence. So I don't consider it a failure, but an experience that produced my wonderful children, and in the end a life that I absolutely love!!

Rufftreasure's photo
Sat 04/28/18 03:21 PM
I'm new here.
I contend that there are thousands of both Gods/Goddesses.
If we are made in the image of deity, that means to me that there must be Goddess as well.
Not only that, I contend God/Goddess can be witnessed everywhere and in everything, and most importantly in everyone. It's all energy and it's all relative.

This link is very good regarding the many Gods/Goddesses available to follow. I follow the Goddess that is in me, and guides me by looking within, to my conscience which differentiates between good and evil.
This leads me to the notion that if we simply love others as ourselves, and the divine, wherever we see divinity, we really have a good program of spirituality. Many religions and even non religious people, have in their philosophy ,a " Golden Rule ".
Right is right and wrong is wrong, if it will hurt me, it will hurt another.

https://nexusnewsfeed.com/article/paganism-working-with-the-gods-and-goddesses

Rufftreasure's photo
Thu 04/26/18 09:35 AM
I'm a newbie here, and from reading this entire thread, I'm so glad to see a place that I can discuss opinions, ideas for solutions, from many different perspectives. The key to everything is communication, the demise of communication begins with ad hominem attacks. I am so glad to see that folks here are civil and friendly, even while discussing a topic as hot as gun control.
I tend to think that gun control (sensible), begins with education and prevention. As many have said , gun control can't possibly prevent all gun crimes, but it can save lives. I don't believe anyone wants all guns banned, and that is just rhetoric designed to create panic and fear of losing all guns. IMHO.
I'm enjoying the debate.

Rufftreasure's photo
Wed 04/25/18 03:10 PM

Hello, everyone!

Rufftreasure's photo
Wed 04/25/18 02:38 PM

there are many likes and dislikes about mingle2 as there was with dh.
i think i was just there for so long (not interested in 'hookingup') that i learned my way around fairly well and knew alot of decent folks.

i kept my same profile name, wonder why others changed theirs?

one thing im interested in is how do you post pics and memes? thats
my calling. scared waving

Hello, Clarity