Community > Posts By > QuintupleB

QuintupleB's photo
Fri 05/04/18 04:33 PM
Friends is the best place to start anyway. It builds strength for potential closer relationships, if they come. (Friendships built on other things, like sex, tend to fail considerably more often than not.) Of course that friendship to bestest-friend relationship is even stronger when God is included.

Let God lead the speed and destination of the relationship. It might derail, it might stop at just friends. But... who knows, it can take you all the way to a great marriage if that is the goal. Some friendships are almost instantaneous, some require lots of time.

For all I know, I may have already said Hi or Hello, or something, to the one who will be my bestest-friend here or elsewhere. And if I haven't yet, hopefully there will still be mutual growth, so I will be even more prepared for God's selected bestest-friend.

QuintupleB's photo
Fri 05/04/18 04:04 PM
I like C++ myself, but I use a lot of C# at work too. Plus another obscure language that seems to be a mix of mumps, visual basic, and cobol.

There are plenty of books out there for most languages, and you might even be able to get them, on loan, from your local library, either direct or through what they call inter-library loans. Or.. go to Amazon, or one of the remaining local book stores and you can probably at least order some if not in stock.

Java tries to protect you from yourself, C# tries to as well, but not as much. C++ is almost like C in the fact it trusts you to get it right. Visual Basic, well, that one will try to assume in some cases.

If you want to do app programming for phones, Java was at least, the way to go for Android. Apple has its own preferences, including you having actual Apple devices if you plan on selling it in the Apple Store.

QuintupleB's photo
Fri 05/04/18 03:50 PM
Modern Opera is nothing more than Chromium, or Chrome with a different skin on it, and a small difference in featurres. Both Opera and Chrome (with all of Googles add-ins) are based on Chromium. I wouldn't recommend Chromium to the average user though as it is bleeding edge.

1 2 4 Next