Community > Posts By > fireflysgirl

fireflysgirl's photo
Wed 05/25/11 05:48 AM
Put stuff in the crockpot last night to cook and it smelled so lovely I decided why not for breakfast....pot roast, carrots, lima beans and celery...YUM!

fireflysgirl's photo
Wed 05/25/11 05:40 AM
mornin' ya'll!

fireflysgirl's photo
Wed 05/25/11 05:23 AM
Give him the biggest HUGZ ever

fireflysgirl's photo
Wed 05/25/11 05:04 AM

this probably belongs in the relationship/dating forum but i'm not looking for pity or advice, just wondering if a significant person in your life has given up on you? where they said "I can't do this anymore," or "I can't be your friend anymore," for whatever reason. My girlfriend of two years recently told me these words and she blamed everything on me...for moving away even though I had no other choice. Frikin screwy man. frikin screwy.

what about you? ever feel abandoned?

Dozens of them have given up on me, always at the point where they finally accept that I will not allow them to change me into "somebody's dad."

Abandoned? Yeah, I suppose I've felt that way most of my life, but it's OK. In the end, I've learned it's better to be alone than to be with someone who makes you WISH you were alone.

Can't say anyone has ever given up on me, but I had to cut off all contact with my exs so I could heal because they were constantly trying to manipulate my emotions!

Abandoned...oh yes I know that feeling all too well...add being left in a lion's den of vile and toxic people on top of that! It really sucked at the time, but I am stronger for all my trials!

Just don't give up on yourself flowerforyou

fireflysgirl's photo
Tue 05/24/11 10:06 PM
Not actually those words, but a dear old friend called that I lost contact with many, many years ago. He has looked for me on several occasions & vice versa so it was very nice to hear from him & catch up a bit! :heart:

fireflysgirl's photo
Tue 05/24/11 10:00 PM

i wondered why i heard 'bow chica bow bow'
every time i typed ptooie!!

I wonder if that happens when
you spit in person.

rofl rofl rofl

fireflysgirl's photo
Tue 05/24/11 09:58 PM

I still can't find anyone interesting or compatible. Not that I'm really looking anymore.

No Lex, it's because she will earn an honorary master's degree studying your profile and it takes a few years before she is educated enough to even contact you laugh flowerforyou

I am happy single and need to stay this way for a while bigsmile

fireflysgirl's photo
Tue 05/24/11 09:48 PM

drool drool drool drool drool drool drool drool drool

fireflysgirl's photo
Tue 05/24/11 09:44 PM
mean people suck sad

fireflysgirl's photo
Tue 05/24/11 09:19 PM
Edited by fireflysgirl on Tue 05/24/11 09:20 PM

What did you want to be when you grew up? And, why did you or didn't you do that?

I'll say vet because whenever I told people I wanted to figure out how to keep animals from getting sick and dying...they said, OH she wants to be a vet!

I found drugs, alcohol & bad boys while working countless dead-end boring azz jobs and was never happy! I started college without a clue of where I was going @ 25. I went pre-vet track my second year and was given a scholarship which I received yearly for the remainder of my time getting my bachelors degree. Life happened, my grades suffered from it so vet school became a lost hope :cry:

A couple of mentors in the chemistry department took an interest in me and encouraged me to look at graduate programs where I could get paid to work on a higher degree and move away from all the heartache & drama! I fought for an interview with the head of a canine genetics lab! He was an absolute arse of a man, but he gave me some great, honest advice & helped me get into the genetics program here at A&M!

Now I am studying the immune system of animals in response to infections/parasitism! Exactly what I wanted to do all along and just never realized I was chasing my dream until I was neck deep doing it flowerforyou

fireflysgirl's photo
Tue 05/24/11 08:58 PM
Edited by fireflysgirl on Tue 05/24/11 08:59 PM
Have always loved leather...the feel, look, smell (leather candles are my favorite)!!!

After working on my research project I have a whole new appreciation for it!

Here is a skin diagram! The epidermal layer is removed during processing and then the dermal layer is dried (tanned) with oils, alum, salts, smoke, or plant extracts!

My research involves removing a female tick attached to a cow and taking a biopsy from the site. The biopsy punch goes through the entire thickness of the dermis. With most skin biopsies simple grinding of a frozen specimen may be accomplished in a normal, porcelain mortar and pestle...this CAN NOT be done with cattle skin biopsies!

So I get to play MAD SCIENTIST bigsmile

This is a stainless steel mortar & pestle (aka...Biopulverizer...Bp)

which I had to keep chilled @ -320F with liquid nitrogen (LN2)

Placing the sample in the Bp chilled in LN2 I then beat the holy crap outta it with a hammer until I ground it into powder frustrated frustrated frustrated frustrated frustrated frustrated

I :heart: my job & leather...the chit is tough and complicated bigsmile

fireflysgirl's photo
Tue 05/24/11 08:33 PM

I've seen too many cases where people never got what they deserved -- good AND bad -- I don't think there's any sort of Celestial Scorekeeper out there. It's just a bunch of stuff that happens.

I agree Lex! I know too many good people that bad things happen to and too many bad people that live good lives while hurting others brokenheart

fireflysgirl's photo
Tue 05/24/11 06:32 PM
ptewey to all!

nice art krupa flowerforyou

fireflysgirl's photo
Tue 05/24/11 06:24 PM
geezus boy, you just joined yesterday...how fast are you? laugh

Seriously, give it time and get to know people in the forums!

fireflysgirl's photo
Tue 05/24/11 04:24 PM

Ex's are ex for a reason. I'm not certain what they hope to accomplish other than idle curiosity, which can be served by hitting ye olde Facebook nowadays.

Not if you blocky them bigsmile

fireflysgirl's photo
Tue 05/24/11 04:21 PM
oh well, F it!

fireflysgirl's photo
Tue 05/24/11 04:19 PM

i dont know who u r but u prove my point

there was a piont? how the hell did i mis it?

stoopid is as stoopid does flowerforyou

fireflysgirl's photo
Tue 05/24/11 02:42 PM

noway. Well all of us here must not be too bright when it comes to relationships since we are still single laugh. And firefly, maybe you should change your s/n to firebreathergal or something like that laugh.

Actually the brighter person would see the waste of time being coupled up. I have seen the error of my ways.laugh

PS: Being single isn't a disease; its simply a choice.

^this I agree with!

scorpio...I would but the fire breathing gives me heartburnfrown laugh

fireflysgirl's photo
Tue 05/24/11 02:03 PM

Hmmmm...I aint got much cleavage.

But you have tattoos MJ drool

makes your man cleavage more exciting laugh

Now I am curious about the tattoo, what is it? I think you may need to post a shirtless pic so we can see that! :tongue:

fireflysgirl's photo
Tue 05/24/11 01:58 PM

godiloverunonsentencesiwasgettingreallyboredthanks2kmwelcometomingle2flowers

flowerforyou