Community > Posts By > jstoneham

jstoneham's photo
Sat 10/30/10 12:42 PM
Edited by jstoneham on Sat 10/30/10 12:45 PM
Hi I think it depends. What I mean is that if one of the person's still likes the other person then.........is it fair to remain friends with them, knowing that they want more from you, and you cannot give them that.....why?....because you want to just be friends? If your conscience says yes I can do that (just be friends).......then do it. But if your conscience says....well, I don't want to remain friends.... because if i truly was their friend....would I allow myself to be the reason for their pain? (the fact they cannot have you for anything other than a friend.) The other side of this coin is I think everyone must check their own motive in each of their breakups. What I mean is if I break up with a girl, and I just want to be friends, but she wants more.....I have to ask myself....am I just keeping her around as a friend because Im lonely or because I havent made any new friends?, etc...because if that's the case....then my reason for the after relationship friendship is selfish.....but if I truly want my ex-girlfriend around because I care about her...then I think its ok to still be friend. Just my thoughts my friends (and yes, I checked my motive before I called you friend - LOL!!)

Joseph Stoneham