Community > Posts By > Devilishly01

Devilishly01's photo
Tue 06/12/18 07:17 AM
when something happens to you and its distressing most idiotic thing people can tell you is "ill pray for you" like really? try doing something usefull? how tf will your prayer help me with anything ? want to help give me money or something ifi wanted to pray to the wind i could do that myself

I agree

Devilishly01's photo
Tue 06/12/18 07:15 AM
I'm here primarily to look for a relationship but also looking for some new friendships.

I'll be your atheist friend!:sunglasses:

Devilishly01's photo
Tue 06/12/18 07:11 AM
the question about a god existing will never be answered until there is a way to measure the supernatural. but I think specific God's can be disproven wholly. that's just my opinion. the question that atheist answers is a question of belief. Do you believe in a God? I don't, so by definition I'm atheist. agnostic answers a question about knowledge. Do you Know that there isn't/ or is a god? so you can have a nostic theist, someone who knows that there is a god, a agnostic theist, someone who leans towards there being a God. or you can have a nostic atheist, someone who is 100% sure that no gods exist, or a agnostic atheist, someone who leans towards the idea that there are no gods, but is open to the idea if proof is presented.

but just because we don't know what happened a second before the big bang, doesn't mean that a god did it either. the answer is simply I don't know. and that is a reasonable thing to say, it's honest. to say that a god did it because I don't have a better explanation is a logical fallicy. its the god of the gaps argument.

finally I read one of the responses and it said atheists have faith as well. I can't speak for all atheists but I can say that is not true. the Bible says that faith is the belief in things that are not seen. so in other words, faith is the belief in something without evidence and defended against all evidence. if a atheist is presented with a better explanation about something, we change our minds to line up with the best evidence. that's how we learn. theists can't and won't change their minds about anything.

Devilishly01's photo
Tue 06/12/18 06:53 AM
I believe that we are living in a time of willful ignorance. I feel that if people don't start educating themselves, humanities time is limited. but the planet will be here for possibly another billion or so years.

Devilishly01's photo
Tue 06/12/18 06:49 AM
how do you proove anything? by research and testing and peer review and then more testing. the true test of any belief, is can it be disproven at any stage?

Devilishly01's photo
Tue 06/12/18 06:46 AM
I say man created god in his image. not the other way around. look at the origins of the abrahamic religions, Abraham was from Babylon and the sky god in their pantheon was named Jehovah. when you add to the fact that the first savior God was Horus, and dyonisus was the first god to be named alpha and Omega it's pretty clear that the big 3 at least, took most of it's ideas from surrounding cultures.

Devilishly01's photo
Tue 06/12/18 06:39 AM
I've never used the forum here before, but seeing if this works. I'm single looking for anything in the DFW area. (woman 18-30) pm me if you want to chat :sunglasses: