Community > Posts By > mimbari

mimbari's photo
Sat 05/31/08 12:10 PM
Always looking for someone to try a new restaurant with...Care to try the Miss Dixie with me?

mimbari's photo
Fri 05/30/08 09:13 AM
I have dated much older when I was younger, and much younger since I have gotten older...age really does not matter as much to me to me as does maturity and emotional stability. As to topics, perhaps I did not make myself clear...I am looking for a woman of substance, who can talk about things beyond the tabloids. Surely, in a city as diverse as Portland, there have woman who have opinions on politics and world events.

mimbari's photo
Fri 05/30/08 01:06 AM
Mine was in 1986 in Perth, Australia. An Italian guy I met wanted to thank me for getting him and some friends a tour of our carrier, so he invited me and a few shipmates to his restaurant to cook for us.
He started us with antipasto,then aldrita, then a small piece of Lasagna, then steak, stuffed with giant prawns covered in a mushroom marinara sauce. A few bottles of wine from his cellar, and topped it off with canollies (sp)and a bottle of 100 year old port that he had been saving for a special occasion.
By the time we staggered back to the ship, I was a foodie for life.

mimbari's photo
Fri 05/30/08 12:58 AM
Boiled beef tounge, sliced thin, on rye bread with some spicy mustard. JEWISH SOUL FOOD!!!!!!

mimbari's photo
Fri 05/30/08 12:56 AM
BBQ!!!!!!!!!!

mimbari's photo
Thu 05/29/08 11:49 PM
Not much into New Age Stuff, but if your ever up this way, drop me a line and maybe you can change my mind over a cup of coffee,

mimbari's photo
Thu 05/29/08 11:40 PM
Edited by mimbari on Thu 05/29/08 11:41 PM
A woman 35 to 45 who can talk about something other then every man in her life that has done her wrong or American Idol?
Someone who likes to debate politics and current events over a cup of coffee at Powell's, try new restaurants, go to a show or just wander around downtown, hit a few bars and get silly.
WHERE ARE YOU??????:smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

mimbari's photo
Thu 05/29/08 11:33 PM
Thinking about heading that way around September or October. Thinking of just heading out from San Jose with a back pack and a guide book. Anyone done it before and have any tips for a gringo. I have traveled through out Asia, but this will be my first south of boarder foray, unless Belize counts.
TIA

mimbari's photo
Thu 05/29/08 11:30 PM
Back in the day, Roppongi was the place to party and make connections with expats and JN (Japaneses Nationals) who can get you into THE REAL FUN places. Hope you have a ton of money.

mimbari's photo
Thu 05/29/08 11:28 PM
You HAVE to watch the sun rise from the top of Victoria Peak. You wont regret the early wake up call

mimbari's photo
Thu 05/29/08 11:27 PM
Stationed there in the 80's. Disneyland for grown ups. Cheap, great people, better food, and the nightlife ROCKS. Be safe

mimbari's photo
Thu 05/29/08 11:22 PM
RIP Harvey. drinker
Here is to The Carol Burnett Show, you and Tim cracking each other, Blazing Saddles, the movie that could not be made today, the laughs the tears, you were THE MAN.