Community > Posts By > mb1029

mb1029's photo
Tue 11/23/10 05:58 PM

Ok, I would like answers from both sides. If your mate cheats on you and you forgive them, isn't it only right that they make amends? I mean the fact they made such a grevious error shouldn't they want to make amends? for example when the go out call you and let you know who their with and how long they plan to be there and then if it exceeds the expected time to call you and let you know. Just make that extra effort to put your mind at ease and let you know that they care enough about you to want to regain your trust?

Yes! AND...how would it be if roles were reversed?

mb1029's photo
Tue 11/23/10 05:43 PM

Lex I love reading what you have to post.
Mostly becaus it's true and makes me laugh.

You were one of the first people to chat with me in the forums.
Thank you.

flowerforyou

Glad I could help!

I've always believed it's important to get new people into the forums, because this is where we really have a chance to get to know each other.

Not trying to minimize the value of a good profile, but lots of people don't really update theirs. The forums are more "real-time" (albeit not necessarily in the literal sense!) and allow for a much wider range of subject matter.

And the forums here are really a lot better than the ones on most of the other sites I've tried -- some of those other places are more like war zones than discussions!

Hi, great post! I'm glad you said that about other sites are more of a war zone...I have been on SinglesNet and it's all fighting...I'm done there! So far this doensn't seem to be that way!

mb1029's photo
Tue 11/23/10 05:28 PM

Candidates for the 2011 Darwin awardsdrinker

HAHAHAHA! Good one...I agree!

mb1029's photo
Tue 11/23/10 05:25 PM

Yes Lex, I know there can be many reasons but my red flag radar is usually pretty good, that's why I asked - to see if it would be a red flag to anyone else. The opposite happened to me, the last man I dated had been married 6!!!! times. I initially agreed to see him just to find out how one man could get 6 woman to marry him! We dated for 6 months before I moved 700 miles away, never did figure it out!

My own inclination would be that multiple marriages are much more of a red flag than no marriages. Hey, I've been married once, and if I could go back in time and prevent it from ever happening, I would!

I saw something on TV about "serial marriers" once, and it was a little disturbing. These are people who have been married 8 or 10 or 15 times. I got the impression they were addicted to the whole concept of marriage, and not so much interested in their spouses. Or maybe they were trying to break the world record!

But if a guy is 47 and never married, that could mean he's just been so wrapped up in his career that he never had time for a relationship until now. Or maybe he just never found anyone he was really interested in or attracted to. (I'm a little biased because my situation is something like that.) Or he COULD be a serial killer who spent 28 years locked up and just got out!

I just don't think you can make any blanket assessments without additional information.

Very much agree here. Personally, i think it's grossly unfair to generalize that anyone over an arbitrary age that has never been married is a loser by definition.

Personally, I'd be far far more alarmed at multiple divorces than I would at never having been married. Some put off being married because they've seen a few too many horror stories among their friends or families too.

I have to agree with this! If you take your time and get to know him, you will be able to make a confident decision to move on OR not!

mb1029's photo
Sat 11/13/10 10:13 AM
:banana: Those are great! TY! Very funny indeed!

mb1029's photo
Sat 11/13/10 10:10 AM
frustrated

mb1029's photo
Sat 11/13/10 10:09 AM
laugh laugh laugh

mb1029's photo
Wed 11/10/10 09:29 PM
roflmao!

mb1029's photo
Wed 11/10/10 09:19 PM
Oh my gosh, that is sooo funny! I had tears in my eyes from laffin!

mb1029's photo
Wed 11/10/10 09:12 PM
lmao!!

mb1029's photo
Tue 11/09/10 05:45 PM

What I see happening to both men and women, is that they don't look after themselves physically and that is akin to aging, because you are not fit enough to enjoy life, have no energy, and look gruesome naked. So who wants a fat, gruesome mate with no energy, and health issues?
I'm 58 and still play hockey. I notice women young enough to be my daughter, even grand daughter checking me out, because I have a fit body. So many people give up early on themselves and forget that people run marathons in their 80's. So why can't people in their 50's be fit? If you chose to turn into a couch potato and no one wants you, who's to blame. You control your destiny. If you steer your ship into a reef don't blame anyone but yourself. If you're not appealing its your doing, stop griping and look after yourself.

i dont beleive a word you say about yourself...post a picture then start making claims about how good and fit you look..
huh

Yeah...let's see a pic!