Community > Posts By > Chazster

Chazster's photo
Mon 04/27/15 06:07 AM
Edited by Chazster on Mon 04/27/15 06:10 AM

You've got to be kidding me. In most of the world the man provides and always has. Now the tables are turned and they don't want to do any chores. In every religion you will find the tradition was for the man to pay the bride or her family, because it is the man who provides and the bride's family who has lost some valuable domestic help. Now everywhere women are paying for marriage, and yet everywhere men don't want to do any chores. This is sad for women, even men are losing this way and don't know it I guess.

No you are wrong. Historically the women's family paid the man. The man was the person having to take care of his new bride. This was a financial burden for the man and a financial relief for the women's family. When a man got old enough he left home. A women never left until she was married. Thus the women's family would give the man a lump sum to take their daughter and be responsible for her. This is called a dowry.

Babylon, Greece, Roman Empire, India, China, Mexico, Brazil, Europe, all have a history of dowry payments. One big reason was women didn't inherit anything back then. This was a way for them to give to their daughter and her family.

Chazster's photo
Mon 04/27/15 05:53 AM

chaszter when u think about it, it ends up costing everybody money what with wedding expenses that are traditionally paid by the woman's family in our culture (to replace a dowry ostensibly). One way or another, it gets expensive, or so it seems anyway.....slaphead

these days with people marrying a little later I notice couples sharing the wedding expense.

Also I don't know if it is different in other parts of the country, but down south while the brides family pays for the wedding the grooms pays for the rehearsal dinner and the honeymoon. The expenses are typically shared yes.

Or they can do like my wife and I did, just go to the courthouse. I don't see the point in paying thousands of dollars to throw a party for other people, but that is just me.

Chazster's photo
Mon 04/27/15 05:49 AM
Just thought that I would throw out there that I am going to South Korea for 5 weeks this summer. It will be my second time there but my first time going alone. Has anyone else been?

Chazster's photo
Mon 04/27/15 05:44 AM

I had a guy on this site offer me 70K to be one of his drivers. He owns a trucking company in Texas. Though I told him I have my own career lol.

For the person that put the post about the "average" age can be quite deceptive as many retired people who work would most likely earn minimum wage and skew the age quite a bit.

3% of workers over 25 earn minimum wage. 50% are 24 or younger. 24% are teenagers. 10% come from $100k+ households.

Many first time workers are drawn to these minimum pay jobs because there allways open positions. It's a good place to start.

I agree. I had several jobs in high school and college and most were minimum wage.

Chazster's photo
Mon 04/27/15 05:43 AM
I watched the first 1 minute of it where they continually mentioned "white people". Sorry but I feel the President should have no part in promoting racism. (even if in jest) Thus I turned it off. It was in bad taste.

Chazster's photo
Mon 04/27/15 05:41 AM

I think that was called a dowry

Dowry's were women's families paying the man.

Chazster's photo
Mon 04/27/15 05:40 AM

That depends on the country. There are many Muslim countries where women are paid not the men. I was thinking of all those countries.
Also, Germany and many Eastern European countries used to pay women.

Accept in most of the rest of the world the women's family paid the mans. The reason was because he was taking on the burden of providing for the woman who couldn't take care of herself (in societies eyes).

If guys had to pay to be married then the would be full of singles. It is hard enough to get a guy to marry now. If he had to pay money, forget about it.

Chazster's photo
Sun 04/26/15 07:06 PM

yada yada yada.every site has scammers but majority of folks here are real.

Actually, 95% of profiles are me. The cat's out of the bag now.

Chazster's photo
Sun 04/26/15 06:39 PM
Edited by Chazster on Sun 04/26/15 06:40 PM

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.4GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 8170MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)

Display Devices
---------------
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GT 430
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce GT 430
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Display Memory: 4049 MB
Dedicated Memory: 977 MB
Shared Memory: 3071 MB

Show off!whoa

Got this beat.

I7- 4770k
Nvidia GTX 970 FTW
Benq Active 3D monitor
sennheiser 363D Headset
G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series- 8GB
250 GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD
500 GB Samsung 840 SSD
500 GB HDD

Chazster's photo
Sun 04/26/15 06:28 PM

I eat at fast foods occasionally and have yet to see anyone working their butts off. Most "workers" seem to be having a good time. The ones that do seem to be working are the ones that don't speak english.

wow, what an interesting perception

I have had a job where I had to be on my feet all day , working through rushes, in a hot kitchen,, to the casual customer feeding their face maybe its not hard work if I smile and seem to be having a 'good time',, but trust me,, it is

I too have had a similar job. I decided to look for something else.

until recently I refused to have a cell phone, I just am not interested in being that plugged in or having anyone with that type of constant access to me,,,plus I don't want a monthly bill for something Im not really interested in

which makes 'looking' for a job while already on a job kind of difficult,,,,

I have tracfone, it's cheap and I use it very little. Most of the better jobs i found through friends or family. Some jobs that I had were hard work but I didn't go back to minimum wage work.

I had a guy on this site offer me 70K to be one of his drivers. He owns a trucking company in Texas. Though I told him I have my own career lol.

For the person that put the post about the "average" age can be quite deceptive as many retired people who work would most likely earn minimum wage and skew the age quite a bit.

3% of workers over 25 earn minimum wage. 50% are 24 or younger. 24% are teenagers. 10% come from $100k+ households.

Chazster's photo
Tue 04/21/15 09:35 PM

Not if you claim your dependents and exemptions it isnt. They will take those into consideration along with the standard deduction. You should be aiming to not owe or be owed anything come tax time.

i congratulate you on being one of the more intelligent taxpayers in america today...
there are many many people who claim zero during the year and when you ask them why they answer.... because i get such a large return in april ? my advice is for every person to claim 13 dependents on their w2/w4 ? i forget which....and go exempt for the year...the employer will not deduct a single cent of fed income tax......to receive a return at year end is the dumbest possible thing you can do, in effect you giving the govt an interest free loan for the year....it's like paying 900 a month rent daily when it isn't due until the 1st of next month...$30 on the 1st day...$30 dollars the 2nd day and so on and so on...each day the landord is accumilating more and more of your money for his use instead of yours.....thats whats to fools who claim zero with the irs...

True not everyone does this. I would hope that people who are living pay check to pay check do this. It is fairly easy to look up what to do and it can be adjusted at any time. Actually since my wife and I both work I have to make sure to withhold extra or I will owe money.

Chazster's photo
Tue 04/21/15 09:17 PM

no offense, but where are you living where 200 dollars covers car payment and gas?

i'm in the dfw/ftw metroplex.....you can get a new no frills toyota/hundai.kia type compact for $120 a mon...and $20 bucks a week for gas....if your credit is okay...

or there are plenty of used car places where your job is your credit...but advise against that..(high interest and expect the repair bills to start rolling in pretty quick)

I also live in DFW. Bought my wifes car for 5k. It only had 50k miles on it too.

I also live in DFW and need a good used car. Where did you find yours?

Actually I don't even know the place. I was living in Colorado at the time and my wife just got a job here. I flew in for the weekend with her and we only had a few days to get her an apartment and a car. We got it from some As is dealership. It was a 2005 no frills car but ran well. It ended up having a cracked radiator but we didn't know until we had the timing belt and water pump changed (regular maintenance). The guy only charged me for the part since he was doing the other work. It was still a great deal if you ask me. We use hers for most weekend and travel driving. (I have family in Houston). We take my car when we go somewhere nice.

Chazster's photo
Mon 04/20/15 09:11 PM

$ 15.00 an hour = $ 32,000 Gross pay per year....for a man with a wife and 1 kid...

lets take a look at his monthly budget....

32k minus 20% (6,400) for income tax = 25,600 Net yearly = 2,133 per month...out of this figure must come all of these expenses.....

2,133 minus 800 rent/mortgage........leaves 1,333
..........minus 300 util/water................leaves 1,033
..........minus 400 food for three.........leaves....633
..........minus 200 car pmt/+gas ........leaves.....433
..........minus 100 clothing/toiletries....leaves....333
..........minus.. 50 car insurance.........leaves.....283
..........minus 100 health ins...............leaves.....183
..........minus...83 savings plan..........leaves......100

$ 100.00 a month is all that is left for any incidentals for a family of three....my estimates are very conservative (especially the health ins w/high deductibles) so if you care to argue one of the other costs as too high, just add it to the health ins, because it is way, way on the low side....imo $15 an hour is a livable wage for a man woman and child...i would readily agree to maybe $10-11 an hour for a single person..

the present $ 7.50 per hour/$15,300 annual gross wage is inadequate and should be raised to reflect the cost of living in 2015...

no offense, but where are you living where 200 dollars covers car payment and gas?

I call BS. My wife and I make way more than this, no kid, and with a standard deduction don't even have 20% effective tax rate.

Just went to a tax estimator

Gross income $32,000
Qualified plan contributions - $0
Adjusted gross income = $32,000
Standard/Itemized deductions - $12,400
Personal exemptions - $7,900
Taxable income = $11,700
Tax liability before credits $1,170
Child tax credits - $1,000
Estimated tax liability = $170

$170 is your tax liability not $6400. I just added over $500/month to your budget. Now even adding in SS and Medicare tax (2500) you are left with over $3700 more than you predicted which is about $300/month more so $400 for incidentals.

that tax is deducted from your weekly pay and it is not returned until the following year in the form of a tax return even though it is not due and payable until apr 15 it is taken from each and every check you receive...when you live paycheck to paycheck it makes a big difference....besides when you get your big return you can put it towards your health insurance which you were behind on paying only a hundred a month. which i purposely set at that low number for people who want to argue my figures...

Not if you claim your dependents and exemptions it isnt. They will take those into consideration along with the standard deduction. You should be aiming to not owe or be owed anything come tax time.

Chazster's photo
Mon 04/20/15 08:46 PM
I am married to someone who isn't of my race. Hell she isn't even American. I met her when I was working overseas.

Chazster's photo
Mon 04/20/15 08:43 PM
Edited by Chazster on Mon 04/20/15 08:43 PM

I see Mingle has a forum exclusively for Indians, not for Chinese, Arabs, Germans or Mexicans. That may be because India has a larger English speaking population. Say 10% of our 1.2 billion,that's nearly one third of the entire USA population.

I also see profiles where the Mingle ladies vehemently declare: ‘we are not a ticket to the USA’. Now that to me sounded something like buyer’s remorse and therefore this post.

Maybe the ladies do not relish vegetarians and their curries. You see curries are made of spices and herbs. They also function as preservatives. It’s a traditional diet from the days before electricity and refrigerators. Now imagine having preservatives for b’fast, lunch and dinner. Something’s got to give.

Or maybe the ladies did not prefer a secondary role; roles of a housewife since Indians prefer their wives to sit at home and take care of the kids.

Or maybe, ha ha; the ladies prefer the Viking gods. After all a deer however swift is no match to the lions. That’s natural.

But on the plus side, American technology is powered by the cream of Indians from IIT and such class institutes. A small percentage of the healthcare professionals are Indians. Indian music, Ravi Shankar, Fusion; small businesses and so on. What I mean is, it’s a good bet that the Indian will stay long after the initial attraction has fizzled out of wedlock. He will pay the alimony if things don’t work out; its not in them to abandon their kids. And so on.

So ladies now that it’s out in the open; the question is why not? After all the US is facing a gender crisis with 51% of the American population being women.

I have an engineering degree and work in software. No one in the industry would refer to Indians as "creme" (i am assuming you are referring to cream of the crop). They hire them because they are cheap.

As for curry, I find it delicious.

Chazster's photo
Mon 04/20/15 08:39 PM

i'm in the dfw/ftw metroplex.....you can get a new no frills toyota/hundai.kia type compact for $120 a mon...and $20 bucks a week for gas....if your credit is okay...

or there are plenty of used car places where your job is your credit...but advise against that..(high interest and expect the repair bills to start rolling in pretty quick)

I also live in DFW. Bought my wifes car for 5k. It only had 50k miles on it too.

Chazster's photo
Mon 04/20/15 08:32 PM
Edited by Chazster on Mon 04/20/15 08:36 PM

$ 15.00 an hour = $ 32,000 Gross pay per year....for a man with a wife and 1 kid...

lets take a look at his monthly budget....

32k minus 20% (6,400) for income tax = 25,600 Net yearly = 2,133 per month...out of this figure must come all of these expenses.....

2,133 minus 800 rent/mortgage........leaves 1,333
..........minus 300 util/water................leaves 1,033
..........minus 400 food for three.........leaves....633
..........minus 200 car pmt/+gas ........leaves.....433
..........minus 100 clothing/toiletries....leaves....333
..........minus.. 50 car insurance.........leaves.....283
..........minus 100 health ins...............leaves.....183
..........minus...83 savings plan..........leaves......100

$ 100.00 a month is all that is left for any incidentals for a family of three....my estimates are very conservative (especially the health ins w/high deductibles) so if you care to argue one of the other costs as too high, just add it to the health ins, because it is way, way on the low side....imo $15 an hour is a livable wage for a man woman and child...i would readily agree to maybe $10-11 an hour for a single person..

the present $ 7.50 per hour/$15,300 annual gross wage is inadequate and should be raised to reflect the cost of living in 2015...

I call BS. My wife and I make way more than this, no kid, and with a standard deduction don't even have 20% effective tax rate.

Just went to a tax estimator

Gross income $32,000
Qualified plan contributions - $0
Adjusted gross income = $32,000
Standard/Itemized deductions - $12,400
Personal exemptions - $7,900
Taxable income = $11,700
Tax liability before credits $1,170
Child tax credits - $1,000
Estimated tax liability = $170

$170 is your tax liability not $6400. I just added over $500/month to your budget. Now even adding in SS and Medicare tax (2500) you are left with over $3700 more than you predicted which is about $300/month more so $400 for incidentals.

Chazster's photo
Mon 04/20/15 05:54 PM

metal, I think the common thread in those examples

,with the exception of waste disposal which ANYONE could do but most wouldnt WANT to do,

is the higher pay is in fields where people have the opportunity to get paid for their work, and not for what the clock says,,,,

and they also have a skill which doesn't require an 'employer' middle person to earn their income, they are able to work directly with their customers,,,

employers will rip us off, more than customers will, because they can do so in the name of profit,, whereas customers just want a job well done at a reasonable price based upon the quality of the work

and also factor in the benefits that come with an employer compared to those which are self purchased with trades , as well as how often the work is done,, for instance, teachers have ALOT of time off during the year, including the whole summer, whereas trash collectors,, not so much

The Detective may be the only one in the example that doesn't work for someone. Most Mechanics don't own their own shop, paramedics work for a hospital, real estate agents typically work for an agency, etc.

Chazster's photo
Sat 01/31/15 07:59 PM
What OS do you have?

Chazster's photo
Mon 01/26/15 08:11 PM
I play a little guitar and bass. It has just been a while since I played with them.

1 3 5 6 7 8 9 24 25