Community > Posts By > Chazster

Chazster's photo
Tue 05/12/15 05:22 PM
I basically only do console gaming for exclusives. Now that I have upgraded my PC I do most of my gaming on that. Even if I want to play on my couch I can have the game on steam, use my ps4 controller with my pc, stream the game to my laptop, and hook my laptop to my tv. Thus I have PC graphics on my tv. Then if my wife wants to watch something I can just hop on over back to the PC. It really is the best of both worlds. Plus online stuff on PC is free. Like how you need a subscription on Xbox to play Titanfall I can play for free. Same with the Borderland series. (I have titanfall and all 3 BL games on PC.)

Chazster's photo
Mon 05/04/15 06:09 PM

I absolutely love my Samsung galaxy 6... Looking into the 7.
I am a klutz when it comes to phones I kill them the samsung galaxy's are the only ones I have found that I don't kill.. Takes wonderful pictures etc...

I was planning on buying a galaxy 6. I waited for like 6 months for the reveal. No replaceable battery and no sd slot. If I wanted that I would get an iphone. Now I have to decided on a different phone. :/

Really I have replacement battery.. and I have an extra storage card for data..

MO I went with them since I literally killed 4 I phones in less than a year... My insurance company was looking at me really strange.. I love mine I can drop it in mud puddles, on down from the top deck to the concrete and it still works rofl...

Not sure how that is possible since the S6 has a non removable battery and no SD slot. Unless you are talking about using the USB adapter for the card. I am talking in the phone like every other Galaxy before it.

Chazster's photo
Mon 05/04/15 04:45 PM

I absolutely love my Samsung galaxy 6... Looking into the 7.
I am a klutz when it comes to phones I kill them the samsung galaxy's are the only ones I have found that I don't kill.. Takes wonderful pictures etc...

I was planning on buying a galaxy 6. I waited for like 6 months for the reveal. No replaceable battery and no sd slot. If I wanted that I would get an iphone. Now I have to decided on a different phone. :/

Chazster's photo
Wed 04/29/15 04:18 PM
I will speak to this since it is something I can relate to. I am married and come on this site. I was using this site since I was in college so 10 + years. A lot of the people that have been around that long may know me. It is just a place to come and chat and goof off. I myself like to debate and this is a good place to do that. They also have lots of non dating forums like sports, travel, computers, politics, etc that are all interesting.

Chazster's photo
Wed 04/29/15 03:06 PM

Why do men/women seek "God fearing" partners? When did it suddenly become the
16th century? Why not then add to it "...and preferably not a witch"

I have never understood the terminology of "God fearing". Like it makes me think that on the inside they are not a good person and would do bad things except for the fact that they are afraid they will be smitten if they did.

Chazster's photo
Wed 04/29/15 08:31 AM

Since my philosophy is,

Better dead, than wed...

Meeting parents for consent to marry,
is pretty much pointless.

My philosophy is only marry for true love. This is why I've never married. True love is uncommon.

Love is a choice not a feeling. Infatuation is a feeling.

As for the original point. I am married and have been over 2 years. My parents have still never met her parents.

Chazster's photo
Wed 04/29/15 08:24 AM

payment for services rendered?

how do you put a price on that?

is it an hourly rate? monthly salary?

for which services?

does that include getting paid for sexual favors?

kinda makes it look like something shady?

there are many jobs where people get paid for the services of taking care of a house and children.

nannies or au pair get paid for child care. even day care provider.

domestic help, housekeeper, maid services get paid to clean and cook.

chefs, cooks or kitchen help get paid for that aspect.

home health caregivers get paid for duties assigned as necessary to the client needs. when I did this, it included light housekeeping, some cooking, maybe light gardening, as well as therapy for the client and assistance with dressing or whatever.

there was a written contract about pay for services rendered. it's cold and unemotional.

what makes someone worth keeping goes beyond the words on the contract. you can't put a price on human caring and interaction.
every one of my clients and their family liked having me around. why? because I care about the person. because it wasn't just about a paycheck to me.
while dusting the furniture, I would make conversation with my person, usually elderly people.
my companionship was for free. getting to know about them and their life was done just because. words of encouragement were given because I care. not because it was written into any contract.
I can't speak for all types of jobs, but in the world of home health care, the people who don't get called often are the ones who only follow the contract.
those who do a job like an automated robot without connecting with the person, those were kind of off putting and didn't get called for work often. nobody really wanted to be around them.

I agree. I could get my house cleaned, laundry done, etc for much less than half of my income. Not to mention having to also pay their living expenses. If that is what you reasoning is to get married it is wrong IMO.

Chazster's photo
Wed 04/29/15 06:17 AM

Dry but accurate logic:

If what a woman wants is to be thought of and dealt with as property, or as an employee, then yes, she should be paid as such.

If instead, she wants to be thought of as an equal partner in life, then just as in business, no one pays anyone, and the partners team up and take on the risks and rewards together.

Same for men, of course.

^This

I am married and my wife and I both work. I make about double what she makes. However, we put our money together. We discuss anything outside of normal spending. I do all our investing as she doesn't know anything about it and trusts me with it. We share chores at home. We share the cooking as well. This is the way we think it should be done.

Chazster's photo
Tue 04/28/15 10:53 AM

How about the man gives birth, breastfeeds, cooks cleans, takes care of the baby? Staying home is not enough for a man to take my place. It's easier to go out and work, I know I've done it all, I'm only saying a man should do something for his child and the mother of his child. While I take care of all unpaid work he should get paid work, it's not rocket science to see it's more than fair for him.

Disagree. I know of men that would rather stay home, cook, clean, take care of kids, etc then go to work. While the workload may be equivalent in early years, come school age the work is very minimal for the stay at home spouse.

Chazster's photo
Tue 04/28/15 10:27 AM

I think you should avoid having children. Also, there is nothing disrespectful with viewing a man as the main provider when there are children. Your views are skewed not mine.

Estelle, again I beg to disagree with you.... you seem to have a really warped (or skewed) outlook on what makes a wife and/or mother.

No, I don't.

Being a full time or part time mother is not an occupation. It is a commitment.

Mingle2 asks for an 'occupation' so I filled it in as honestly as I could (not so some jerks could insult me), it's not my preferred word for being a mother, but complain to Mingle2 not me.
And you're wrong, motherhood is definitely an occupation, most often it is overtime work.

An occupation is where you are paid to do a job, and for that, you would have to have been a 'surrogate mother' to have your baby, and then have that baby taken away from you, because you would have been commissioned to do just that....bear that child.

Fine. I will educate you about the definition of the word occupation (also hope 'Blondie' reads this...by the way she is actually a brunette why don't you pick on her for misrepresenting her hair color?) Here is the definition for you: http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/occupation
Notice 'stay-at-home mom' is used as an example of an occupation.

When you have a child, whether it is within or without a marriage, you made a commitment to that child that you bore to provide, care and protect him/her as your offspring.

The father (you forgot about him) also has a commitment to the child, in most cases this means he does most if not all of the providing. This is especially true when the children are very young as in my case.

As a mother by nature....it should come instinctively, without ulterior motives.... a mother will go thru' a lot just to do that, without looking for gains.

Again. Read above. This is not about looking for gains and ulterior motives, it's about the father of the child being held accountable by the mother of the child which I instinctively protect.

When the man/husband/partner/absent father fails to provide for whatever reasons, a mother will find her own ways to provide without complains.....without whining, without looking for praises/rewards, because she is the mother.

The man can fail to provide but the woman can't complain, that is very double standard of you to say. Thanks.

No a double standard would be if the man could complain about the woman not providing but the woman not complain about the man not providing. How about the man stay home and take car of the kids and the women earn the money?

Chazster's photo
Tue 04/28/15 06:31 AM

Hmph! Imagine my surprise and livid indignation at some writer supposing that women should be paid to tie the knot. Why does a woman, who is tightening a permanent noose around my neck deserve to be paid for choking her guy?
And just what, praytell, are her special talents which necessitate being handed wads of extra cash?
1. Women are good at forcing guys to pick up their own socks. (I kid you not, even the ones that don't smell)
2. Women don't think we men can multi-task even though we are fully adept at watching star trek and listening to them whine at the same time.
3. Women are going to do the dishes at seven in the evening anyways and yet they scream when my mug goes in the sink at six thirty. Just where did you want me to put it? (don't answer that)
4. They expect us to cut the lawn when there is a playoff game on TV. (For all you newbie husbands out there, I kid you not)
5. We are made to lie and say their dresses still fit perfect even though the ten pounds of extra fat is clearly visible. (say it isn't so!!)
6. They want us to keep our eyes riveted on their eyes when we're out even though the strange woman next to us clearly has way too much cleavage to be ignored.
7. They ask us to climb three hundred feet on a rickety ladder along the side of the house but refuse to hold it steady for us because they might break a nail. (I'll let you know when my broken neck heals)
8. They toss all my clothes into a single drawer then spread all their clothes out nicely in the walk in closet.
9. They take us to a restaurant for our birthday but don't allow us to order red meat. Instead they want us to dine on asparagus tips and shrimp salad with tofu strips. (which we carry home in a barf bag)
10. They limit our sex romps to once per month and only then if they can nap while we practise our missionary routine. (why did I throw out that inflatable doll from my college days???!!!)
If anybody deserves to be paid to be married, its us men.

Don't forget the part where we have to help clean the house and do the dishes because if we call that a lady's job they will accuse us of being sexist. However, when we ask them to mow the lawn or do edging they tell us that outside work is a man's job.

Chazster's photo
Tue 04/28/15 05:42 AM

man I love these kind of threads

put a nice dividing line right between genders
turns it into an all out he said/she said battle of sexes
and never the two shall meet
spock laugh

All I can say is that I kind of have an idea why the OP is single.

Chazster's photo
Tue 04/28/15 05:41 AM

I am not interested in everyone else as I am sure they so not necessarily share your opinion about money . I am interested in you . Your profile says under occupation that you are a mother .. So estelle are you a stay at home mum or do you have employment outside the home for which you pay taxes .

That wasn't a reply to your quote if you read it, it was a reply to someone else.

Being a mom is an occupation. You are very disrespectful about that, maybe if you have a child one day you will understand how much work it is compared to your career. Whatever other jobs I do, I don't call it my occupation because for me being a mom is more important than any other job I've ever done or will ever do.

Being a mother is not an occupation. It is a responsibility. Just like like taking care of your residence or pet or any of hundreds of other responsibilities we as adults have. The amount of effort involved doesn't matter. There are plenty of single parents that raise children and work. How do you pay for anything if you don't also work?

Chazster's photo
Mon 04/27/15 05:10 PM

Its a sad day when marriage becomes about money

Well historically it was very often about money, or land, or building alliances.

Chazster's photo
Mon 04/27/15 04:29 PM

a savings account..slaphead ..
no offence and nothing for nothing..
but a savings account is not a very good investment.. minimal return..
.. sure low risk.. but very very slowoops growth... you should look into something that has.. did you say Turkey...ohhh.. nevermind then..lol

I will have to disagree there. It really depends on the country. My wife gets guaranteed 5% in Korea.

Chazster's photo
Mon 04/27/15 04:26 PM

oh don't get me started..lol..
.. if your partner stays at home ..when you work.. then you should give them an allowance.. a monthly allotment..
to do with what they choose...

I believe that is financial abuse. The wife should get the check.
.. well the wife does get the check..oui.... consider the allowance your paycheck then..... or do you want me to take taxes off of you...lol

No the wife should get the whole check. Then she should spend it according to what the whole family needs, not like your wife did. If the wife does that, why be with her?

And why should the wife get a check at all? I say the person earning the money make the big financial decisions regardless of gender.

Chazster's photo
Mon 04/27/15 04:24 PM

Women should be given a percentage of her husbands earnings each paycheck that comes in, and that percent is equal to the paycheck amount. She should be in charge of how it get's spent giving him an allowance to go to work, this way it's fair.

Or you go and earn your own money.

Chazster's photo
Mon 04/27/15 04:22 PM
Edited by Chazster on Mon 04/27/15 04:22 PM

I think you got your facts all wrong...

It was woman who needed a dowry to bring to her husband on their marriage, not the other way round ....
That's why having many daughters was/is quite something... if you want to find them all a good husband, you need a good dowry for them.

Saw this docu on a Indian family few years back, reasonably poor family with I believe 3 or 4 daughters. The father's life was consumed by making enough money for his daughters' dowry. It was all he was doing, day in day out, year in year out. And he seemed to not mind, loved it, loved his daughters and working his butt of to give them what they needed in the end.
But what a way to live.

Grrrrrr...
It pains me to do this, more than anyone will ever know
But, Estelle was at least partially correct.

There were native american cultures,
where it was customary for a man
to barter with a woman's parents,
in exchange for the woman.

While you may find instances of that they are the minority. It was much more often that the women's family paid the men. Which is what we originally told her and she is trying to claim it isn't the case. The true title of the thread should be if women should pay men to get married.

You did notice the lack of the word "all", in my post?
Correct?

You did notice the original argument didn't you? The some culture might do it the other way argument was addressed in the first two pages (and the post you quoted me on). She continued to argue that we were incorrect in saying most of the world the women's family paid. So no, you saying she was partially correct wouldn't be the case in the context of the argument at this point.

Chazster's photo
Mon 04/27/15 10:48 AM

I think you got your facts all wrong...

It was woman who needed a dowry to bring to her husband on their marriage, not the other way round ....
That's why having many daughters was/is quite something... if you want to find them all a good husband, you need a good dowry for them.

Saw this docu on a Indian family few years back, reasonably poor family with I believe 3 or 4 daughters. The father's life was consumed by making enough money for his daughters' dowry. It was all he was doing, day in day out, year in year out. And he seemed to not mind, loved it, loved his daughters and working his butt of to give them what they needed in the end.
But what a way to live.

Grrrrrr...
It pains me to do this, more than anyone will ever know
But, Estelle was at least partially correct.

There were native american cultures,
where it was customary for a man
to barter with a woman's parents,
in exchange for the woman.

While you may find instances of that they are the minority. It was much more often that the women's family paid the men. Which is what we originally told her and she is trying to claim it isn't the case. The true title of the thread should be if women should pay men to get married.

Chazster's photo
Mon 04/27/15 10:07 AM

Here is one source:

http://www.womenintheancientworld.com/dowry%20and%20bride%20price.htm

You realize your source says the women paid the dowry don't you? Thanks for proving my point.

2 4 5 6 7 8 9 24 25