Community > Posts By > paulr4640

paulr4640's photo
Wed 11/24/10 12:48 PM
Seriously though, when I was about 6 years old, and my brother, who was 4 years old, were sat near our front room window watching a really fierce storm raging outside. Our house was only on a normal English street, but the water was rising pretty fast across the road and pavement (sidewalk).
As we watched, 2 large balls, about the size of grapefruit, came through the window, WITHOUT BREAKING THE GLASS! and floated, crackling and fizzing all the time, across the table where we were sat and settled on the carpet, not even burning it. There was a phosphorescent hue about them, very similar to a bubble thats blown by a child. My dad ran across the room and grabbed us both to the floor when suddenly both the balls just made a loud bang. The neighbour across the road had come over and was banging on the front door to make sure wew were all ok. He said he had watched these 2 balls float down the roof, stop outside the window and enter. I since learned some time ago that this phenomena was ball lightning, which some scientists dont believe exists, but I can assure you it does, first hand!
This episode was published in a science magazine many years ago by a prominent weather expert. I wish I had a copy!

paulr4640's photo
Wed 11/24/10 12:35 PM
Ive been in a light drizzle when I went for a loaf and 2 bog rolls.

paulr4640's photo
Wed 11/24/10 12:35 PM
Ive been in a light drizzle when I went for a loaf and 2 bog rolls.

paulr4640's photo
Tue 11/23/10 02:42 PM
I'll tell you what, I'm British and proud of it. Our history goes way way back and slowly but surely I think our heritage and way of life here is being eaten away. But I wouldn't swap my ancestry or country for any other place on earth.