Community > Posts By > Aussiebargeman

Aussiebargeman's photo
Wed 07/05/17 02:12 AM

I have a 24 metre canal barge Fidutia and I am on my way from Chamouilley to the canal du Midi (1000 km) but I cant find a lady or ladies to join me.
I see that canal barging is on so many ladies bucket list but as yet no one seems to want to join me.
Is it me, my age, the barge's age of 110 or my Golden retriever of 10
It will be a waste to do the trip on my own

Aussiebargeman's photo
Wed 07/05/17 02:07 AM
I have a 24 metre canal barge Fidutia and I am on my way from Chamouilley to the canal du Midi (1000 km) but I cant find a lady or ladies to join me.
I see that canal barging is on so many ladies bucket list but as yet no one seems to want to join me.
Is it me, my age, the barge's age of 110 or my Golden retriever of 10
It will be a waste to do the trip on my own

Aussiebargeman's photo
Sun 03/01/15 08:13 AM
As long as she can race up the deck and throw a rope onto the bollard in the lock. I have been training my dog to do :banana: it

Aussiebargeman's photo
Sun 03/01/15 07:22 AM
Have you ever seen all the adds for canal cruises? Here is your chance to try one. My friend and I ( he has a similar barge) are looking for lady companions for our cruise to the Canal de Centre and Canal de Nivernais from Nancy.
We both have spare cabins with en suite. What more could you wish for. We stop all the way to go sightseeing. It is just as well cameras are digital as you wouldn't be able to take enough film for all the photos of the reflections as well as the towns etc.

Aussiebargeman's photo
Sun 03/01/15 06:45 AM
My friend and I have large canal barges. Pictures on my profile. We have tried 'Find a crew' web sites but haven't been able to find any ladies to join us. We have spare cabins with en suites. In May we will be travelling from near Nancy south to the Canal de Centre and then the Canal de Nivernais. great for painters or photographers.
Have a holiday of a lifetime.