no photo
Thu 09/13/18 09:57 PM
Little Snack!

no photo
Thu 09/13/18 09:14 PM

https://youtu.be/MmJq46ANfxw

no photo
Thu 09/13/18 09:10 PM
The State ID would certainly have to be a Driver's License, that being a 'privilege' can be, in no better terms, infringed upon. It does not violate any individuals Civil Rights, but by revoking or restrictions being placed on it could prevent a 'legal' purchase for ill-intentions.
The individual must either pass the test to get the endorsement or have the restriction removed FROM THE DL. That would be a requirement to possess before purchasing, nothing more or LESS.

Igor, I'm slightly puzzled by your reply and would like to know and understand completely your point of view. The way I perceive your comment, is that you feel making it harder to obtain a gun will reduce gun related crimes.
Are you an advocate for more legislation on gun control?

If that is what you took away from my post, I apologize, for being too vague with my opinion. I do believe something needs to be done (several things) as you pointed out that this will require a complex solution. I really like the idea that msharmony presented, having a restriction listed on your State issued ID. This will only prevent the felons and the mentally disabled. The recent and first problem that needs addressed are the children who use guns to 'get back at' or 'get even with' their peers who (they feel) hurt their feelings. A fraction of these instances (horrible) involves that gun being LEGALLY obtained for the sole purpose of committing the act of 'getting even'. Most of the guns used are stolen by this child from a family member, to be used. Yes, there are irresponsible and ignorant gun owners, for the most part gun owners are responsible. I firmly believe that if a gun is used to commit a crime, that RO is and should be held to the same penalty that the offender is facing.
I also have the same opinion as Workin4it, you FORCIBLY stop the perpetrators and eventually those numbers will decline. The right to forcibly defend your home, auto, your neighbor, his home or vehicle, is what the Castle Doctrine/Law represents. Most States have adopted this doctrine, with the exception of 9 States, who have little to no form of this legal right. Even though the CD is recognized in most States, I do not believe it has been litigated in all.

Open Carry can also be a solution!

There is too much information in my reply for hyperlinks.
A very good resource, updated very frequently is
https://www.usacarry.com/about-usa-carry.html

What you are saying with this thread, is that since violent people WILL find a way to act out, that we should collectively do NOTHING WHATSOEVER TO TRY TO STOP THEM.

I would suggest instead, that the solution to a very complicated problem, is going to involve a complicated response, with multiple actions.

I completely agree that JUST preventing people from having guns doesn't prevent all violent acts. But doing NOTHING because that's true, is about as intelligent and logical as deciding to do NOTHING about robbery, since JUST locking your car door doesn't prevent all such acts.

in full disclosure, the state id was actually action's suggestion drinker

But I agree that multiple actions, both proactive and reactive must come together to address the issue.

no photo
Thu 09/13/18 08:58 PM
Yes, I agree. In looking at society as a whole, we are failing our children, community and our mear existence.

I could be wrong. But I feel societies which promote and encourage concern for and about others, are less violent in general, than those which promote responsibility for and to self only.

no photo
Thu 09/13/18 08:52 PM
Igor, I'm slightly puzzled by your reply and would like to know and understand completely your point of view. The way I perceive your comment, is that you feel making it harder to obtain a gun will reduce gun related crimes.
Are you an advocate for more legislation on gun control?

If that is what you took away from my post, I apologize, for being too vague with my opinion. I do believe something needs to be done (several things) as you pointed out that this will require a complex solution. I really like the idea that msharmony presented, having a restriction listed on your State issued ID. This will only prevent the felons and the mentally disabled. The recent and first problem that needs addressed are the children who use guns to 'get back at' or 'get even with' their peers who (they feel) hurt their feelings. A fraction of these instances (horrible) involves that gun being LEGALLY obtained for the sole purpose of committing the act of 'getting even'. Most of the guns used are stolen by this child from a family member, to be used. Yes, there are irresponsible and ignorant gun owners, for the most part gun owners are responsible. I firmly believe that if a gun is used to commit a crime, that RO is and should be held to the same penalty that the offender is facing.
I also have the same opinion as Workin4it, you FORCIBLY stop the perpetrators and eventually those numbers will decline. The right to forcibly defend your home, auto, your neighbor, his home or vehicle, is what the Castle Doctrine/Law represents. Most States have adopted this doctrine, with the exception of 9 States, who have little to no form of this legal right. Even though the CD is recognized in most States, I do not believe it has been litigated in all.

Open Carry can also be a solution!

There is too much information in my reply for hyperlinks.
A very good resource, updated very frequently is
https://www.usacarry.com/about-usa-carry.html

What you are saying with this thread, is that since violent people WILL find a way to act out, that we should collectively do NOTHING WHATSOEVER TO TRY TO STOP THEM.

I would suggest instead, that the solution to a very complicated problem, is going to involve a complicated response, with multiple actions.

I completely agree that JUST preventing people from having guns doesn't prevent all violent acts. But doing NOTHING because that's true, is about as intelligent and logical as deciding to do NOTHING about robbery, since JUST locking your car door doesn't prevent all such acts.

no photo
Thu 09/13/18 07:39 PM
Uracil

no photo
Thu 09/13/18 06:51 PM
Naffziger (syndrome)

no photo
Thu 09/13/18 06:36 PM
Another Quiet Night

no photo
Thu 09/13/18 06:35 PM
Snack Time

no photo
Thu 09/13/18 06:33 PM

https://youtu.be/SfgUtVDdn0Q

no photo
Thu 09/13/18 06:08 PM

https://youtu.be/l5-gja10qkw

no photo
Thu 09/13/18 12:56 PM
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5282617/#sec1-4title

According to 2016 statistics filicide (Child Homicide, by parent) The United States has the highest rate for child murder among all developed nations.
8 per 100,000
(90% were committed by a biological parent
10% were committed by a step-parent)

About 2.5% of all homicide arrests in the United States were for parents who have killed their children. This amounts to about 500 filicide arrests each year. The rate of filicide decreases with the child's age. Men opposed to women are more likely to murder older children. Among 16-18 year old victims, the male parent committed 80% of the homicides.

Very disturbing!

is it possible for you to link to the source of your Info?spock

no photo
Thu 09/13/18 10:39 AM
According to 2016 statistics filicide (Child Homicide, by parent) The United States has the highest rate for child murder among all developed nations.
8 per 100,000
(90% were committed by a biological parent
10% were committed by a step-parent)

About 2.5% of all homicide arrests in the United States were for parents who have killed their children. This amounts to about 500 filicide arrests each year. The rate of filicide decreases with the child's age. Men opposed to women are more likely to murder older children. Among 16-18 year old victims, the male parent committed 80% of the homicides.

Very disturbing!

no photo
Thu 09/13/18 03:23 AM
In Florida, once again, a mother is responsible for killing her child. A 2 1/2 year old. Jordon spent most of his life with a foster family.

I really don't understand the human race, we are the most cruel creatures to ever exist.

no photo
Thu 09/13/18 03:09 AM
Night Light

no photo
Thu 09/13/18 03:04 AM
Any day

no photo
Thu 09/13/18 03:03 AM
Interesting read.

http://www.gunfacts.info/gun-control-myths/concealed-carry/

A solid fact is that no matter how strict the gun laws continue to get, the 'Bad Guys' (Who do not follow the laws) will continue to obtain and use them. Laws are similar to locks, they are only a sense of false security for the honest.

The bad guys will continue to cut locks and break laws!

no photo
Thu 09/13/18 02:58 AM
VICE GRIP
Parkway Drive

no photo
Thu 09/13/18 02:23 AM
....the 'constructive' criticism!
I don't have the life coach, she thought she was, by pointing out all the flaws I need to work on.

Yes, my demented humor was one!

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 24 25